Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 143 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 141 142 143 144 145 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,558
Points 246,057
Thea replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 4:59 PM | Locked

Sukochi, My thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow during your surgery and after for a speedy recovery.  I will be waiting impatiently to hear that everything is wonderful with you again.  

And in reference to the hair cut - go for it - take that money and splurge on your self just once... we can't take it with us and we need a smile once in a while...

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 5:03 PM | Locked

Thanks Sukochi, I hope all goes well and this will take care of your stomach problems . I'll keep you in my T&P's  by the way cute haircut .. gonna call you chicken cause you didn't follow my lead ..LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 5:03 PM | Locked

Cute cut, Sukochi!  I gave up on hair cuts long ago.  I'm long and shaggy.  i just ignore "the mop" until it starts splitting at the tip and then go to hubby's barber for a trim up.  Every once in a while I get it into my head to get it done by a proper hair dresser and inevitably they  "razor" it so I end up with split ends and un-controlable tangles for months! And I awlays end up lop-sided when I go to the salon. What is with that??

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 5:19 PM | Locked

CC, do you cross your legs when your getting your hair cut? lol that use to be the first thing I told my clients uncross your legs,  it causes you to sit off kilter .  I usually cut my own hair

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,558
Points 246,057
Thea replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 5:21 PM | Locked

CC I have no clue how they do that - I went in to get a perm just recently - got told it would be $90 - okay - knew it would be expensive as I have rather long hair - then they said well we should color all your hair since it won't take properly cuz your last color is still in your hair... what color - this is my natural color - it is all sorts of shades from blond to brown and some white... they informed me that I had to have colored it cuz they could see it... I was a little amazed ... I had used one of those colors that rinses out after 20 washings over 8 months ago - but as far as a permanent - nope never done that... so needless to say - I got a trim for $15 and left... Not sure why white hair doesn't perm like blond/brown hair as I see women with white hair getting it permed all the time... but I saved a lot of money - and will just let it go for now that I wan't supposed to get it permed...lol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 5:22 PM | Locked

Sukochi, your hair looks cute.  My T&P are with you tomorrow

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 5:34 PM | Locked

No, Leslie. I don't cross my legs while I get trimmed up. Why is it the Barber can get it straight but the beauticians can't? I'd blaim the hairdresser, but I've tried more then one and it's the same story with all of them. And why do they all seem to want to razor it when I say "Don't do it."? ...I've heard "Oops. I forgot" too often...  :S

Several years ago I got it into my silly head to have my long-long locks highlighted. I have a lot of hair. The hair dresser used a cap...  Getting it off caused pain like I want to ever experience again!! And after all that, plus the small fortune it cost, you could hardly tell I'd had anything done. ...So why bother? 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 5:40 PM | Locked

Sukochi, I love your haircut!  Wash and wear while you heal.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 5:41 PM | Locked

LOL just thought I would ask,  when I cut hair I always pulled strands out to the ends to make sure it was all the same length.  But don't feel bad when i do go to get mine cut i always check it myself when they think they are done and let them know they they have one side longer.

Thea, you don't have to get color to get a perm or vice versa,  they make perms for hard to curl gray hair.  I use them on my mom and her hair perms good and last

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,461
Points 416,734
gini replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 6:15 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
I would love to go up to Blue Ridge and have Jack, who cuts Sally Fields, John McCain and other famous peoples hair. Problem is, Jack gets $89.00 a cut.

i splurged on one of these cuts in my younger days,  it was a great cut, i loved it,  but i came to my senses and didn't go back.   the person who cut your hair did a great job, i like it.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 6:19 PM | Locked

Sukochi

Nice hair cut.  Short hair is so much easier to take care of.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 6:47 PM | Locked

Gini, yes ,she did a great job. And, I can always say I get my hair cut by the same lady that cuts Jim Lee's hair. He is famous..........in his own head!! LOL

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 6:55 PM | Locked

LOL  . barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 7:13 PM | Locked

They don't highlight like that anymore, thank goodness, now they use foils and several colors painted on hair then fold the foil up. Color comes out great but it is usually 80 to120 here. This takes the place of highlights.

montgomery is still drinking and even crawled to front door while I was at drs as he wanted to go out. So when we got home I carried him out and he went, he will not eat anything, but breathing is calmer and seems more relaxed.

Sukochi, nice hair cut ..will be good for recovery..after kidney stone episode, Maddie had to take 1/3 bottle of conditioner and let it sit on my hair to get it combed and bait fell out too.

nan

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 7:39 PM | Locked

chocake2:
And why do they all seem to want to razor it when I say "Don't do it.

CC, you can send all those razor-cutting beauticians my way!  It took me years to find anyone in our valley that could do a razor cut!  (I have very straight short hair...and the razor cut helps the hair curve around my head instead of sticking straight out.)  I have the opposite problem from you...they say yes, certainly...use the razor for the first few cuts and then switch to scissors (cause they are more comfortable with them). I just don't go back to them! I understand from several beauticians that they don't even teach razor-cutting in the beauty schools anymore.  So, you are probably in luck...the younger ones will not know how!  For me...it will get harder and harder to find someone that can do a decent razor cut...sigh.

Winthrop, WA

Page 143 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 141 142 143 144 145 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use