Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 142 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 140 141 142 143 144 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 2:07 PM | Locked

Sukochi, yes, short hair will be much easier to care for following your surgery.  I am praying that your surgery goes well tomorrow.  I am certain thatit will because you are in our Lord's hands.  May your recuperation be quick also.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 2:21 PM | Locked

Linda,  I hope that as the day goes on that you feel much better.  Although, laying on the sofa watching movies doesn't sound too bad. 

That's what I should be doing. Last night I got up in the middle of the night( after taking a sleeping pill) and fell backwards into a corner between my desk and a trunk, with my head hitting a pier mirror in the corner.  The corner was piled with some quilting magazines and books and too many old receipts that were of no meaning.  I got up this morning with the worst bruises on my bottom, my right thigh and upper arm. Also did something to my left index finger trying to catch myself on the way down.  I must have been quite a sight shimmying my way out of that corner.-glad no one was there to view that.   So I'm taking things easy today too.  Just sorting through those meaningless papers to get them ready for shredding.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 2:40 PM | Locked

Ginny, I'm glad you did not get seriously hurt! Take it easy.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 2:59 PM | Locked

Oh, I am taking it easy now.  I have done nothing but sit on my very sore bottom today without much wiggling around.  LOL    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 3:35 PM | Locked

Gosh Ginny! How awful. You are the second person today to report an ow-y butt. My neighbor has 2nd degree burns on hers...she fell on the wood stove while dancing w/ her husband (that's the story they are telling anyway). I pray you both heal quickly!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 3:41 PM | Locked

ginny, that sounds like a gini move.  i hope your bottom gets better quickly.

CC, i can always count on you for a laugh,  dancing into the stove, indeed.  were they blushing when they told that story?

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 3:58 PM | Locked

Barbara:

"Sukochi what kind of surgery are you having ,I missed this some how

Barbara I am having my hiatal hernia repair and stomach and espohagus sewn together. The hole through which the food  travels will be swollen and smaller during recovery so that is a liquid diet for awhile.

During my iron infusion today, one of the nurses had this surgery in 1998. She said it goes fine. There is a lot of pain initially, but, it subsides as with any surgery. She returned to nursing two weeks after her surgery. So, I am no longer worried. You read and here such horror stories about surgeries and go in terrified. Not scared, not worried, God will take care of me.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 4:12 PM | Locked

Here's my hair now....

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 4:22 PM | Locked

Cute haircut!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 4:23 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma:

Donna B,  I guess I should clarify a bit on the thimble; mine is made just like that but it does not have the metal tip. I don't use the tip anyway as I use the thimble on my middle finger and use it to push the needle because I have a hard time pulling it as my fingers will not grip tight enough.

That might work for me as I push with my middle finger too.  I never thought about why, that's just the way I have done it..at least .as long as I can remember (not sure how long that really is though...lol).  I think I will give one of these a try.

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 4:24 PM | Locked

chocake2:
she fell on the wood stove while dancing w/ her husband (that's the story they are telling anyway). I pray you both heal quickly!

Ouch, nothing hurts like a burn.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 4:25 PM | Locked

Really cute cut ,Sukochi.  It will be so much easier to take care of.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 4:33 PM | Locked

Oh, really Gini?  I didn't know anyone who could be as unbalanced as I was.  The biggest problem is that I am on a blood thinner and I have turned the most shocking colors already.  You just can't hide the trip-ups from anyone.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 4:37 PM | Locked

Oh, Owwww, I'll bet that I can sit a lot more comfortably than she can.   I can tell you that there won't be any more sleeping pills for me for a long, long time.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 4:37 PM | Locked

Thanks guys for the kind compliments on the cut. FInally found a person who can cut hair. It is so hard, around here, to get a decent haircut. I would love to go up to Blue Ridge and have Jack, who cuts Sally Fields, John McCain and other famous peoples hair. Problem is, Jack gets $89.00 a cut. Way above my haircut allowence!! But, it would be great to, just once, get an awesome haircut that will actually grow out looking great. Bucket List.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Page 142 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 140 141 142 143 144 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use