Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 136 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 134 135 136 137 138 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 9:45 AM | Locked

Hurrah!! It's a beautiful new day!! :D

I didn't get much sleep last night. Between the cold keeping me up with coughing fits and Sprout kicking off his quilt and getting cold, it just didn't happen.

We had to take DB back to the airport yesterday. The irony is that he spends less time in the sky getting home then we do on the highway after dropping him at the airport... Anyway, the house is empty without him. This visit was far too short!

As long as we had to be in the city anyway, DD asked if we could stop at the good will AGAIN because there were a few things she hadn't bought that she decided might work for her haunted house project....  A small fortune later...  (She even bought a bust of shakespere!! Now what in  does that have to do with Halloween??) 

While she was buying out every tacky bit of junk she could lay her hands on, I wandered aimlessly. I found the prettiest quilted wall hanging, smooshed down behind a stack of well used throw pillows. It's a stained-glass iris pattern, beautifully hand pieced and hand quilted with the tiniest stitches I have ever seen! There's something heart breaking about where i found it. I paid less then $2 to give it a new home. I will show it off with pride!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 9:48 AM | Locked

The is pretty fabric Debbie.  It would make great postcards.  We had a class on that at our shop but I didn't get to go.  You can actually mail them like they are but I think I would want to put them in an envelope to keep them from getting messed up going through the mail service. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 10:06 AM | Locked

Nan -- it was so nice to meet you and Maddie.  I am sorry that we didn't get to go out to eat and really get to know each other.  At least you hadn't had a chance to check into the hotel before you got that call. 

I only had one of the books that you brought to me.  Yippee!  Dave will take that one to the library as a donation along with the two books that I had in the yard sale that didn't sell. 

I brought home about half the pillows I took but I wanted to have a nice selection for folks.  I let Maddie pick one out to take home with her.  She chose the one made out of Orca patterned fleece.  Of course I also brought home two pieces of fabric that Karen the owner brought for her table.  Well let me be honest here - Karen had three tables - two of just fabric plus a cart full of magazines in bundles.  :o)  For someone who seldom sews she had a ton of fabric bagged for the sale.  I wish I could have bought more fabric that my co-workers brought to sell but my stash is already huge.  :o(  I don't know if I made more than I spent yet as Karen has to divide up all of our tags to figure out how much we each made. 

This morning I am feeling a bit puny so I will listen to a sermon or two off the internet and be lazy.  Watching the snotty squirrels hang from the bird feeders scarfing down all of the sunflower seeds.  Good grief - with all of the acorns and pecans, what can't they leave my feeders alone for a change?

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,345
Frances replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 10:30 AM | Locked

chocake2:

Frances:

Marie:

Leslie :

Marie, are you going to Florida, this year?

Leslie, not for the three months I did last year.  Great grandson due the end of Feb. beginning of March, can't miss that.  If I do go it will be for a couple of weeks and will stay with friends.  I will also have to decide weather I can make the Branson retreat before the end of this year, deposit to hold will be in early January.  I truly wish I don't have to miss out on that.

Branson retreat you need to be there Marie, this will be my one and only chance to meet you i was counting on you to flush out all the hunks.

lots of love

Francesxx

Oh No Frances! She can't flush them all...I'm Keeping mine home.

Chococake,

Dont you think you are being a bit selfish surely you can lend yours out for a while.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 11:11 AM | Locked

Yup. Selfish. That's me!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,345
Frances replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 11:21 AM | Locked

Thats okay Chococake,

Apparently Maries good she works like a gun dog scaring out all the game and it keeps her sort of out of trouble.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 0
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 12:57 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

When Jodi Barrows was at the shop, she demoed similar LED lights.  She had three different lengths but they were pricey.  Was yours expensive Sukochi??? 

I'll say. $40.00. But it is well worth it to me as I can't see s**t unless I have lots of bright light.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 1:05 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
I can't see s**t unless I have lots of bright light

Why would you want to?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 1:06 PM | Locked

Debbie-do:

Pictures??  how'd it turn out?  Think you'll do more???  Inquiring minds want to know!

Took these pics. HAven't finished the edges yet. I think I was suppposed to put batting between the front and back but forgot. Will have to read the directions again. I will also add a moon to the front. I made it for the postcardpazazz Yahoo group swap. This is a Winter Scene swap.  Please critique, Debbie.

And back.......

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 1:15 PM | Locked

nantenn:
Montgpmry had lympoma sarcoma and was dying

This breaks my heart. Montgomery is one cool dog. I love him. I love Sugar, too. She is a cutie. But Montgomery is "stately".  He looks like a Southern Gentleman. or should I say Scottish gentleman. He is a cool dude. I will miss him so much. And, I know Sugar is just going to be beside herself. Sugar is going to need a baby to take care of and love soon!! Nan, please post a picture of Montgomery and Sugar.  You, Maddie, NIck and Cindy are in my prayers. Montgomery will cross the Rainbow bridge and join all your other Scottish darlings.  Hope there is some Haggis to serve them all.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,716
Points 248,537
Thea replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 1:45 PM | Locked

Dawn - thoughts and prayers continue!  At least you are able to be there and give your grandchildren comfort... aren't the little ones so cute though when they are misbehaving... I have such a hard time disciplining them through all the smiles.  Enjoy the time!  I know it is a sad time but we know now that DS FIL is no longer in pain - something that someday I look so forward to - just not ready yet!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,633
Points 48,820
Debbie-do replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 1:51 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Debbie-do:

Pictures??  how'd it turn out?  Think you'll do more???  Inquiring minds want to know!

Took these pics. HAven't finished the edges yet. I think I was suppposed to put batting between the front and back but forgot. Will have to read the directions again. I will also add a moon to the front. I made it for the postcardpazazz Yahoo group swap. This is a Winter Scene swap.  Please critique, Debbie.

And back.......

It's adorable!  Here's the stuff you want to put in the middle:  http://pellonideas.com/products/1414-72f-peltex-ii.aspx  or you can use Timtex but it's more expensive.  You can get the Pellon brand at Joann's..  I like the stamp you found for the back.  Did you find it online or in a store?

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,345
Frances replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 2:33 PM | Locked

Sukochi,

I love your postcard its beautiful, is this the first one youve done i am very envious of the person who gets this in your swap.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 2:44 PM | Locked

Nan, so sorry about Montgomery.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 2:46 PM | Locked

Sukochi, your post card is beautiful!  What is the batting for?

Millbury, MA

Page 136 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 134 135 136 137 138 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use