Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 130 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 128 129 130 131 132 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 9:07 AM | Locked

Sukochi - When I did my "white glove" duty at the quilt show, It was OK to take pictures of the amateur quilts that were displayed but not the ones that designers had displayed nor the Hoffman Challenge ones.  The designers don't want people stealing their designs and I can't blame them. 

Glad you enjoyed the show.  Was it your first one??

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 9:14 AM | Locked

Thea:
Nothing else on the horizon today - we had horrific winds yesterday and my poor halloween decorations were having a terrible time but they survived - grim reaper's horse was down on his knees at times and the plug came out from the wall and the poor cat deflated but all is up and looking good again - guess Nebraska dust came through MO and KS and found its way to OK - they had to close the highway for the # of accidents... not good... and I wondered all day why the sky looked so different - Nebraska - you can have your dust back...lol  - we had 60 + knots of wind most of the day... kept thinking a huge storm was on the way but no just the dust... none thankfully got in the house so no cleaning extra today... no cleaning at all - taking a day off from that...lol
In a way, this is kinda scary.  Reminds you of the dust stores from the past - I think in the 30's????  Hope that we don't have that in out future again with all the droughts we have been  having.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 9:24 AM | Locked

Dave was messing with the computer yesterday installing a new printer and such.  All I had time to do on it was watch the binding tool video to refresh my memory on how to join the ends.  For some reason i often get the binding twisted when I join the ends.  :o(  At least I finally got the lap quilt finished for our Tabitha group at church. Now to tackle the fleece Project Linus blankets I have ready to sew.  I made a JoAnn's run yesterday morning to use a 50% off coupon to buy a spare blade for my Gingher rotary cutter.  Of course I had to come away with some fabric too --- but it will all be going to Quilt N Fixins' to use in quilts for the HS fund raiser.  I did find some fleece remnants that were big enough for a Project Linus blanket and another piece of orange fabric for my future pumpkin table runner.

Marked all of my stuff for the porch sale at the shop Sat.  We each were assigned a color to use on our tags so Angela will know what belongs to who when she tallies everything up.  I went ahead and loaded everything into the car since I have to be at the shop by 8 tomorrow morning to help set it up.  I can only handle carrying about 3 pillows at a time since they are rather awkward so it took quite a few trips to get two dozen in the car.  Looking forward to meeting Nan and Maddie on Sat.  We are planning to go somewhere to grab a bite to eat after I get off work.  I will probably drag them to Truett's since I can get a wrap there that will fit in with my diet plan.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,291
Patti replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 9:38 AM | Locked

Have fun Marge. 

I am going to work for less than an hour.  (have to be there for the doc.)  Then the rest of the day in mine!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 10:26 AM | Locked

Have fun Marge!

Patti, what do you have planned for all your free time? Hope it involves fun!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,944
Points 234,267
Thea replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 11:30 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Thea:
doc gave me a bad report yesterday
Oh, Thea, what did he say? Prayers continually up for you my darling girl. 

Wish you had been at the Ga. Quilt Show with me. OMG! Incredible.

Sukochi, I wish I had been at the quilt show with you too.  The ladies that went to the APQS quilt show with me basically wanted to shop... I wanted to see all the quilts so that is why I have so many photographs... I did all that in 2 hours...lol... I didn't have anyone to talk to while looking at the quilts so just took pictures and when I found some that I really wanted to study I took pictures of the individual areas.

I bet our Gini could do that needle turn applique.  I used to be able to but my hands just won't put up with it anymore.  So I am glad that I found Beth Ferrier's method of hand applique' by machine.  It looks the same as needle turn but is sewn down by the machine - not raw edge which I have to satin stitch although the pattern writers say you can just edge stitch it down.  I am always afraid that that will ravel with the number of times here in OK that quilts have to be washed just from the dust...

My doctor is concerned about my weight loss and I have lost about 20% of my strength.  You know when they make you push and pull against their hands when they are holding your arm or legs - or the knee area up and down... I had to really concentrate to move the doc at all... was a little scary once cuz had my eyes closed and she took her hands away and I was pulling - went backwards fast... 

I am losing too much weight for no reason as I am not dieting - but I told them when I started gaining years ago that nothing really had changed so I think it is just my metabolism but we shall see - if I lose more then next 3 months then they will start a battery of tests as I am still about 5 pounds now over what should be my maximum weight as far as the AF is concerned but my fat to muscle ratio is great... so that has improved greatly - but then it should as I have lost all this fat...

Only bad thing IMHO about it is that my favorite pants are way to big now - lol - I still wear them but am constantly pulling them up.  Have to try washing them in boiling hot water and see if they will shrink up...teehee...

I know what it feels like to spend someone else's money - my problem when I am trying to do that is I find tons of things to spend my own money on...teehee...

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,944
Points 234,267
Thea replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 11:31 AM | Locked

I am truly getting sick of this site - error - then duplicate posts - then error - then posts correctly...argh

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,944
Points 234,267
Thea replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 11:34 AM | Locked

I am tired of this site today  - first error on every message - then duplicate posts - then error - argh!  going to go take a nap maybe it will be fixed when I come back...

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 12:48 PM | Locked

double post

Raleigh, NC

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 12:49 PM | Locked

Went to a quilt show with DH at lunch time today.  Just a small show for the local guild, but it was lots of fun.  DH found some french fabrics that he really liked and came up with a plan for me to make coasters for his bar room out of them.  Sorry, no pics of the quilts.  Here's my loot if you care to see that.  :)  Most of the ones on the bottom row (all but the khaki one) are French and will be used for stuff for the house (coasters, maybe a table runner, etc).  The plaid ones my husband liked and everything else is just for the stash.

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 12:53 PM | Locked

Quite a haul you have there Carolyn...fun day buying fabric and spending time with your hubby at a quilt show...

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 1:02 PM | Locked

Carolyn

Great haul there lady.   Love all the fabrics...esp the plaids.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,944
Points 234,267
Thea replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 1:29 PM | Locked

Carolyn - great fabrics - what coaster pattern are you using - is it the four together that leaves a hole for the glass - or a flat one - either way they will look wonderful - wish my DH would go to a quilt show with me - he loves my quilts but a quilt show - that would never happen - but maybe someday - I think I will start giving him subliminal messages when he sleeps that say - "Jay you would love to go to a quilt show with Thea"   think that would work...teehee... if it does the next one I will do is "Jay you really want to clean the house for Thea"  teehee....

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,275
Points 26,990
Marsha-SM replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 1:36 PM | Locked

Ginny:
Think I'll just go eat some worms.  LOL

And I know just where you can get them - - - YUCK!   Our local shop that makes minnow traps, lobster traps, etc, has added a tackle shop recently.  This summer the sign out front said:  

HUNGRY?         No diners in town           We have WORMS!

At one time there were 5 places where you could eat in our tiny town - the Hotel, the Bar, 2 restaurants and a diner.  This month one restaurant/motel opened up again finally after being closed for many months.  The Hotel is for sale, the Bar is being rebuilt and will open as a diner-type restaurant, the old diner is a dollar store, the other restaurant is still closed, so at least we don't have just worms to eat in town now.  This town is slowly dying.  Hardware store is also closed.  We have a small grocery store, gas station/mini mart, a liquor store, and a pharmacy/gift shop besides the tackle shop. We also have one bank, a credit union, and a library.  Everything else is either empty, falling down, or completely gone.  This is why I go 30 miles away to shop.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 109
Points 1,005
barbjahay replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 4:22 PM | Locked

Oh dear, and I thought I had it bad, I just wished they had built the Super Walmart on my side of town so it would be 20 miles instead of 25 miles. There is so much truck traffic from the oilfield this summer I usually drive the long way around town to avoid all the stop lights and high traffic. We have only one small shop downtown that sells quilt fabric, and I never go downtown. I have been starting to order more on-line. The Walmarts here is about the only one left in OK that still sells fabric and they just remodeled the craft department, lots of new fabric. Today I have took the time to read some posts, bake the rhubarb pie (Mom's recipe) , got started quilting on the next quilt, blue with white stars, and boiled another pot of little potatoes, it was amazing how fast we used up the first batch. Now I dont have to use my husband's cool bedroom as a root celler. He likes to sleep with the window open and it got down to 40 degrees last night. I saw the dust storm on the news, thank goodness the fields north of us are already planted to wheat. bj

• | Post Points: 50
Page 130 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 128 129 130 131 132 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use