Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 129 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 127 128 129 130 131 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 6:28 PM | Locked

Ginny:

CC, I love your Halloween baubles.  Tried 5 times to tell you this yesterday, but site wouldn't let me.    Ginny

Gosh Ginny! You must REALLY like them to tell me so often. Thank you.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 6:32 PM | Locked

Georgia Quilt Show rocked. Had a ball. Nan said that we couldn't take pictures but, since I didn't take MY camera, everyone was taking pictures. I told her to take lots for y'all tomorrow. Some amazing quilts.

So tired tonight. tomorrow we go antiquing. And hitting quilt shops down below.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 6:46 PM | Locked

Home from the city. *whew.. I'm tuckered. We collected DB at the airport. Glad to have him here altho we drug him all over town. Poor guy.

We stopped off at the good will so DD could look for stuff to decorate the haunted house. She got  some really great red drapes that I may snag when this thing is all over, as well as candles and such. She bought herself a nice black leather trench coat ($8!!!!!!!!) and we got Sprout a much needed baby swing. (The one we had was a relic from his big sister's babyhood, and pretty rickety after 3+ other babies and 4  moves!)  So that was a great stop.  I couldn't find Sprout a sleeper suitible for his Halloween costume so I bought a pattern and I'll spend the next week making his outfit.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,296
Points 45,820
Angele replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 7:03 PM | Locked

Pat, your quilt will be amazing. I love the appliqués and your granddaughter will have great dreams under it.  I can't wait to see the finished project.  Those snails are the only kind I can find so cute!  And those butterflies are adorable.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 7:30 PM | Locked

chocake2:
Gosh Ginny! You must REALLY like them to tell me so often. Thank you.

Classic overachiever!!!! :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 7:31 PM | Locked

Looking forward to Nan posting pictures Sukochi, glad you had a good day...what fun!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 7:55 PM | Locked

Sukochi, so happy you had a wonderful day

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,932
Points 233,952
Thea replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 8:14 PM | Locked

Sukochi, glad you had a good time.  I love going to the quilt shows to see the quilts - I still have tons of pictures to post from the AQS show - someday maybe they will be all up - I am getting some much needed rest finally.  Today I think I slept for at least 6 hours last night and then another 4 this morning... so was good - still exhausted but getting better.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 8:30 PM | Locked

Thea:
doc gave me a bad report yesterday
Oh, Thea, what did he say? Prayers continually up for you my darling girl. 

Wish you had been at the Ga. Quilt Show with me. OMG! Incredible.

There was an applique quilt there. Huge. Had a lady on it. Down at the front and she was very large. Sitting down. Then, here and there, kinda hidden in the whole picture, was a mountain house,  a couple of deer, an eagle sitting in a tree, squirrel on a fence. a man sitting on a chair next to another chair with a quilt thrown over it. There was an American Flag up by another house, you could find birds here and there, there was a bear in the woods.....It was amazing. All needleturn applique. I have never seen anything like it ever. My DS and I stood in front of it and another two ladies were next to us. As one of us would spot something we would say "Look at this...!" It was so much fun. Kinda like Where's Waldo. I said I wondered how old the quilter was when she started it and how many years older is she now. And it didn't  win a single award. Go figure. I told Nan to get lots of close up pictures of it. I will never forget seeing that quilt.

My DS is buying a house since RVing full time for over a year. When they sold the last house, and bought the motor home, they sold everything they had...every single stick of furniture, lamps, beds, everything. So, they are having to buy it all again. We went to an awesome anitque shop in Alpharetta, Ga. where I used to shop all the time in 2000, when we first came back to Ga. They have all sorts of awesome furniture and, well, everthing. She found a beautiful lamp and a really nice little cabinet that could be used as a nightstand, o,r a table next to a chair in the living room, family room. Tomorrow, we are going to another area down below where I used to haunt. I know she will find some awesome stuff there. Good thing she rented a mini van to come here in. Cause, she will fill it full. I love to spend other people's money. : )

Better go to bed .I am totally worn out.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,296
Points 45,820
Angele replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 9:15 PM | Locked

Cary, great stars, beautiful quilt.

Gini, happy anniversary and wishing you many more.

Ginny and Marie, congratulations on the new additions to your families.  Have fun making those great quilts.

cc the bracelet is absolutely adorable!

JodyS, so sorry for the loss of your furry friend.

sukochi, wishing you a great time with your sister.  Sadly, I see my sisters once a year, when I return home to visit my parents.

now to each and everyone in pain, injured or recovering,, you are in my T &P. lately there are many, I hopes on everyone will be on the road to better health.  Warm quilty hugs to everyone.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,932
Points 233,952
Thea replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 8:18 AM | Locked

Good morning to all!  i was up very early as usual lately - not really by choice but someone deciding that no one in the house needed to sleep - that is okay though - poor DH had to go to work so no rest for him but he did go to bed rather early last night so maybe he got enough...lol... I will probably be back in bed in a couple hours taking a nap or just might do it here in my chair as that way Mom will think I am up and not disturb me...teehee... we shall see...

Anyway, the day is a cool 40 degrees this morning but my electric blanket and pet blanket are keeping me warm.  The little space heater that looks like a fireplace is keeping the room toasty warm.  And the atmosphere of looking at it is calming.  

I am going to start doing some things to my SnW today - try some of those cube blocks and see if they work... learn to make them first...lol... the right sizes to match my hexagons... the fun of it all... 

Nothing else on the horizon today - we had horrific winds yesterday and my poor halloween decorations were having a terrible time but they survived - grim reaper's horse was down on his knees at times and the plug came out from the wall and the poor cat deflated but all is up and looking good again - guess Nebraska dust came through MO and KS and found its way to OK - they had to close the highway for the # of accidents... not good... and I wondered all day why the sky looked so different - Nebraska - you can have your dust back...lol  - we had 60 + knots of wind most of the day... kept thinking a huge storm was on the way but no just the dust... none thankfully got in the house so no cleaning extra today... no cleaning at all - taking a day off from that...lol

Sending warm quilty hugz to all - may your day be wondrously quilty great!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Points 30,250
Diana replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 8:41 AM | Locked

Morning Gang,    Today is housework day.  Laundry, change beds, clean bathrooms, etc.  I'm hoping to get downstairs into my studio later today.  I have such a disaster down there.  Looks like a quilt shop exploded all over the place.  I've got 2 birthdays to finish filling envelopes and get into the mail.  Also a box of scraps to ship once it gets full.    I made a big pot of pasta and meatballs 2 days ago so that's what's for lunch.   Hoping to finish tying a quilt as well and start the binding.   And maybe get some sleep between 2 and 4 a.m.  lol  

Diana (Bink) in East Tn. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 8:45 AM | Locked

CC - Your little Halloween baubles are the cutest!!!!!  You improve with each little thing you make.  I still remember your first attempts with glass.  I hope you sell some of your work on Etsy or local craft shows because they are worth it!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 8:48 AM | Locked

Nice job on the tie dye Carolyn.  I am sure you will find something to use your fabric in. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 8:52 AM | Locked

Jody - So sorry about your loss of a dear pet.  Obviously you haven't been in the "Farm Animals" thread where all of our furry friends hang out together.  :o)  Many of us here understand full well how these furry friends hold a special place in our hearts.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 129 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 127 128 129 130 131 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use