Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 128 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 126 127 128 129 130 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 9:49 AM | Locked

Dawn:
Well, no quilting for me for awhile, going to my DS house to babysit the grands as DDIL father is failing fast.  I am nervous to drive so far by myself.

Dawn, so sorry about your son's FIL. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Also, thinking of you as you drive...safe travels... (((HUGS)))

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 0
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 641
Points 9,660
MaggieNae replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 10:02 AM | Locked

Jody.  My heart goes out to you.  I had to let my 13yo pom-mix go this spring.  It still catches me off-guard sometimes how much I miss her.  Tanner knows how much you love him.  Lots of {{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}.

Margaret

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 641
Points 9,660
MaggieNae replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 10:06 AM | Locked

Jody,  my heart goes out to you.  I've had to tell my last two babies, "I love you, but when the time comes, I will let you go."  Had to let the last one go this sping and am still caught off-guard at how much I miss her.

Lots of {{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}} for you.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 12:02 PM | Locked

Jody, so sorry to hear about Tanner.  It is heartbreaking I know as we had to say good-bye to our Honey about 2-1/2 years ago.  We have Kaci now and we love her too, but we still miss our Honey Dog.  But I take solace in knowing they are watching over us and having a great time with all of our other beloved pets that have crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,665
JodyS replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 12:11 PM | Locked

I want to thank everyone for their compassion and hugs. 2 years ago I lost Tanner's dog partner and my oldest cat (17) both within 2 weeks so even though I knew Tanner's time would come, it's just killing me. Sheesh, I sound like such a baby. I take comfort in knowing Tanner will have lots of friends when he steps onto that Rainbow Bridge. We will do everything possible to make his journey peaceful.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,636
Points 52,400
Ginny replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 12:25 PM | Locked

Linda, This is the first I've been able to get on my computer today.  P.T., Dr appt. and groceries.  Hope your ride downtown was uneventful and that the Dr didn't request things of you that you can't accomodate.  Sorry that your lungs still hurt, my arthritis is giving me atime of it today.  Darn, I hate to see fall and winter come-no fun.  Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,636
Points 52,400
Ginny replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 12:46 PM | Locked

CC, I love your Halloween baubles.  Tried 5 times to tell you this yesterday, but site wouldn't let me.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 1:06 PM | Locked

Dawn

Sorry to hear about all the sadness in your family.  Safe travels.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,636
Points 52,400
Ginny replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 1:51 PM | Locked

Neat baubles , CC    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,428
Points 38,310
Linda replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 2:25 PM | Locked

My trip to the doctor resulted in a sinus infection, use nebulizer more frequently, as well as cough medicine. Can't afford to have my vocal chord hemmorage again and here it's only Oct. and I'm not going to warm country this winter. Must stay inside as much as possible and stay bundled up. Cannot repeat last winter. I could have stayed home for all that. I did get a prescription for z-pak and he wanted to give me some kind of steroid for my lungs but thankfully changed his mind about the steroid. Thank goodness...my hair is falling out enough just from the inhalers.

Did a bit of sewing before I left. Making a small angel wrap. I really should be working on big quilts but not in the mood. Yesterday I made hooded bath towels for grandkids with their names on them. Maybe tomorrow I will work on a big quilt. Right now I want a nap.

Hope everyone is healthy, has had their flu shot, and is quilting today. Hugs,

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,697
Points 248,562
Thea replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 2:32 PM | Locked

Dawn - sorry to hear about your son's FIL - you will be in my prayers for your drive - all will be well.  I sent up prayers for all your family that all be safe and well during this trying time.  It is hard but the days will get better - enjoy as much as you can your time with your grands.

I got up this morning - was up for about 15 minutes and went back to bed - My exhaustion is catching up with me - doc gave me a bad report yesterday - so am told to relax - get rid of all stress in my life (hahahaha) and try to just stay calm.  

And how do you stay calm when - yesterday - I got up - early - took a shower so I would be all ready to go to my doctor's appointment at 8:20 - DH leaves at 7:30 - i go out about 7:40 to start my car and warm it up as it was chilly out - DEAD - the car lights wouldn't even come on - Okay - got the little generator with the jumper cables - it got the lights on - but no turning of motor - so RUN - over to my 80 year old neighbor's house - she was getting ready to go down to her mountain home - but still home - she gets in her big dodge truck and brings her jumper cables over - she can't figure out how to open hood - so figure that out - then getting the jumper cables on - her battery is opposite of mine - and no + - signs - so first had hers wrong - mine is left is positive and right is negative - hers is opposite - but I hadn't had her start her truck yet so all was good - got them on right - she started - I turned key and yippeee car started... off I go to my appointment - arrived with 2 minutes to spare...lol

But I forgot the packages I was going to mail at the post office - Eileen and Susie's - well - got up this morning and went out and lo and behold - car was fine - DH has no idea why this has happened now twice that it is dead... no ideas from my mechanic husband... but the car works and guess I showed those rotten critters that the games need to stop at this house - that I don't panic and I get things done...teehee... Halloween is coming and the poltergeist are playing games...lol

But today I got those packages mailed and am so proud of myself...teehee...  Eileen's are just a year late and Susie's are 2 days early to my deadline to get them in the mail.   Of course, I always have the stuff done - just really hate going to the post office...not sure why... maybe they can hypnotize me and find that I had a horrendous time at the post office sometime long ago...teehee...

It is cold and windy here today and my grim reaper's horse is almost kneeling from the wind... the cat's plug - teehee  - got pulled out of the wall and was deflated - so plugged him back in and tried to bolster the horse... wind wind go away...

I have SnW on the design wall - still changing things each day -have to wait till a day or two goes by where I don't change something before I start sewing all the rows together... am still considering putting some cubes in it - just not sure yet but am going to make some up and see what they look like - and have to go through my fabrics in the fabric room to find some border fabrics... I am thinking a blue and that deep crimson red - which I know I don't have - the blues Yes... but then there are a couple sales going on...teehee...one that starts today that is calling my name...teehee...

So anyway - exhaustion has hit me bad - and sleep is calling once again today - wonder if I will be up for long at all today - didn't think you could catch up on what you missed in the past but guess my body is saying it is going to try .... so YAWN... talk to yall later...quilty hugz

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 5:28 PM | Locked

Dawn, prayer for your family and you.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 5:35 PM | Locked

Just got back from town, went to my Support Group and then got a flu shot and I sure hope it does not make me sick...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,894
Points 69,195
Bonita replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 6:19 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma:

Just got back from town, went to my Support Group and then got a flu shot and I sure hope it does not make me sick...

Happy for your good news. Do you usually get sick from a flu shot? Got mine on Monday and feeling OK from it.

Dawn, sorry for you son and his family. Please drive carefully.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 6:27 PM | Locked

Bonita:
Do you usually get sick from a flu shot?

Thanks Bonita.  I did not get sick last year and I was taking Chemo, so I'm really hoping I won't this time. I'm tired but probably overdid in town.

Page 128 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 126 127 128 129 130 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use