Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 127 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 125 126 127 128 129 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 9:42 PM | Locked

chocake2:

I finally got a little time on the torch and did up the beads DD has been pestering me about. they came out of the kiln this morning. While I was at it, I did up a few extras and made up a bobble for a fun friend who seems to be feeling a little down lately. What do ya think? Are they Too tacky??

CC these are so darling. They would be so fun to wear! You are a very talented lady!

xoxoxo

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 9:53 PM | Locked

Well, I guess my goal to finish all 4 quilt bindings was a bit unrealistic, but I did get one glue basted and I feel good about that. :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 9:54 PM | Locked

Well, I've been up to no good today. First we went shopping this morning at Kohl's because I had this $10.00 coupon and you know - $10.00 is $10.00. Then we went to Taco Bell for lunch. Being Wednesday, D-S-I-L comes over for dinner and sewing, so I had put a pork tenderloin in the crock pot,so dinner was easy,but before that I've been so wanting a sewing machine with a automatic thread cutter. My work horse is an Elna 6300 Quilter's Dream that is 8 years old and it has all these bells and whistles except for a knee lift and the automatic thread cutter, so I went on Amazon and found a used one for under $400 and was so tickled because it is a Project Runway Limited Edition and has the Brother 25 yr warranty. My Elna which was 3 times that only had a 2 year...  So figure this little Brother will work wonderfully for piecing. Although $$ is tight, and I'm feeling a bit guilty, I'm going to enjoy have 2 good machines to play with.

Showed D-S-I-L (Kathy) how to do Jenny Doan's pillow case quilt blocks and she was totally impressed and will probably be starting quilt #3. And being that she is retiring from the phone company next month (after 40 yrs) she is looking forward to doing more sewing and I may even get her on here :o) as she will have more time, oh sure as if anyone of us retirees have more time.

Well it is about bed time, so I'm off now. Pleasant dreams all and have a great day!

xoxoxo

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 10:51 PM | Locked

Carolyn:

On another note, Gini, how on Earth did you manage to make a diamond ring tacky?  pics?

gaudy might be a better term.  i just kept adding little sparklies until, ta da, a gaudy ring. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 10:55 PM | Locked

jody, i am very sorry to learn about losing your tanner.    hugs

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 5:56 AM | Locked

Jody, I am so sorry.  We are dog people too.  So sorry.

Raleigh, NC

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,365
Points 37,225
Linda replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 6:27 AM | Locked

Jody, I'm sorry about loosing Tanner. My Shadow will meet him on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. She's been there 15 years now and it feels like yesterday.They will be good company for one another.

This morning I'm hoping to make a plum kuchen and maybe still have a little time for sewing before my appointment with ....ohno.... Dr Strohl!!! He is the pulmonary and sleep apnea doctor. But I think last visit we finally came to an understanding over the sleep apena. and the fact that I sleep the same way I've slept my whole life. Nothing has changed except him forcing a change. I'm sleeping much better now that he understands that and I'm not so stressed. I still have the pulmonary issues and they are what they are....some I've had my whole life and some where cause from the accident (damaged my lower left lung and crushed my sternum).  Yes doctor I use my nebulizer, all my inhalers, my cough pills, sleep upright, keep my mouth and nose covered when outside. What more can I do????? My lungs still hurt! And I can't travel to AZ this year.

The rest of the day I think I'll pass out from exhaustion. That doctor wipes me out besides the fact I have to go to the downtown campus. The traffic stresses me and I'm not even driving! Lucky Indy gets to stay home. He doesn't see it that way tho.

I just noticed the time....I can eat breakfast now.....Yipee!  Later! Have a great quilty day. Wish I were.

Hugs,

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 6:50 AM | Locked

gini:

CC,  isn't cutesy halloween jewelry, tacky by it's very nature?   i love tacky, it makes up the bulk of most of my jewels.   i managed to make my diamond wedding ring tacky.  i found some very tacky halloween earrings at leavenworth, when i get home, we'll see who can out-tacky who.  i'll post  a picture of them.   i love  your  doo-dads. 

Gini

I don't think your wedding ring is tacky.  I love it.  ....  and who found those lovely halloween earrings...LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 6:53 AM | Locked

Well the pot roast is cooking in the crockpot.   Need to put a load of laundry in and then maybe I can do some quilting.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,752
Points 38,885
ls2116 replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 6:58 AM | Locked

oh my goodness i can't even think of anything happening to my pup my heart feels your pain.  

Today i'm working on double mq6.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,137
Points 14,725
Dawn replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 7:53 AM | Locked

Well, no quilting for me for awhile, going to my DS house to babysit the grands as DDIL father is failing fast.  I am nervous to drive so far by myself.  DH has to work, the plant is down and there is just no way for him to take any time off.  I will be fine, but not liking this wind, we have a SUV and it makes it harder to drive.  DH made the urn for DDIL's father, going to take that with too.  Such a sad time . ..   just dealing w/a lot now . . .plus I really don't like being away from DH.  We have been married 32 years, he makes me nuts sometimes, but I still love being near him.  Well, gotta go.  Everyone stay healthy, get healthy and have fun quilting!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 8:21 AM | Locked

Jody ,so sorry to hear of the loss of Tanner, Its so hard to lose a loved member of the family. My T&P's  are with all of you .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,449
Points 176,348
Marie replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 9:02 AM | Locked

They are adorable CC, especially the candy corn, my favorite candy this time of year.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,449
Points 176,348
Marie replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 9:08 AM | Locked

I love it Carolyn!  How ever did you get that particular design, it has such movement.  I see circles then I see x's.  I'd love to learn to do this design.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,449
Points 176,348
Marie replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 9:15 AM | Locked

JodyS, so sorry you have to go through this.  I completely understand about pets being like your children.  My DD doesn't have children and the love of her life is a Pom.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Page 127 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 125 126 127 128 129 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use