Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 126 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 124 125 126 127 128 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 6:31 PM | Locked

Double post, this site is really buggy!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,802
Points 67,545
Bonita replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 6:36 PM | Locked

JodyS, I'm so sorry for your impending lost. You're right our pets become a member of family and it's hard to let go.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,574
Points 51,650
Ginny replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 6:48 PM | Locked

Jody, I am so sorry that you have to go thru this with your beloved pet.  He looks very happy to be in the water.  Glad he got to enjoy his last summer with you.    Ginny

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,665
JodyS replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 6:51 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma and Bonita, thanks. Even the sky here in the woods is crying...yep it started raining. Our 2 other dogs will miss him too. Our oldest cat has been cuddling and sleeping with Tanner his whole life. He's going to be sad because all his animal partners he grew close to have passed. We call Shadow the cat of constant sorrow. We got him from the same shelter as Tanner. This just bites.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,665
JodyS replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 6:52 PM | Locked

Thanks Ginny. It would be easier if I wasn't alone up here. Oh well, my sister called and cried. She loved Tanner too.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,218
Points 16,395
Susan replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 7:14 PM | Locked

Jody, They are more than just a dog, to us. Im so sorry you had to put her to sleep. We get so attached to them, like my DH says if I knew they were going to such great companions I would of gotten them instead having kids. We had to put our three year old to sleep in May and I still miss her so much. I have had to go through it five times now and it never gets easier. However, they are worth all the tears and heartbreak for as long or short a time as we have them.   Hugs, Susan

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,665
JodyS replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 7:28 PM | Locked

Thanks, Susan. He is more than just a dog. He's laying by my feet sleeping right now. I have to wait til Hubs get s here to take him in. Sigh. We've been through this many times but it never gets easier. We have 7 more critters, 5 cats and 2 more dogs and they'll all miss him come Saturday.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 8:18 PM | Locked

I'm  so sorry JodyS that you need to put Tanner down.  We also having an aging lab-mix - she's 15 now and is starting to really show her age.  We are just praying that we will have a couple more years with her.  They become such a part of our lives and families...  Hugs,

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 8:20 PM | Locked

That was really wierd!  I tried to do the last post and got an error message.  Then when I got back on the first post was there!  It must be cc's gremlins...LOL!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 0
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,665
JodyS replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 8:23 PM | Locked

Thanks Donna B. We figure we got 2 years more than normal so that's good.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 8:36 PM | Locked

Jody, same seniment as all the others have been. It so does not get easier. In fact, I think it gets harder to let them go the older WE get. After we had to put Sam down, I said no more. that I couldn't do it again. But, along came Lily and now we will face it again someday. She is only one so hopefully she will outlive US.  Sides, she would love her neices of the dog kind that our DS has in FL.

You and Tanner are in my prayers. Over the rainbow bridge to home......

Sukochi

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,665
JodyS replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 8:42 PM | Locked

Sukochi thank you so much. We will make sure his steps over the rainbow are peaceful. I've been a blubbering fool all day on the phone with my sisters. Thanks again and I hope you are doing well!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 8:49 PM | Locked

Such exciting news. My DS, who is visiting till Sat., told us she and her Dh are once again coming off the road in teh RV and settling down in Tullahoma, Tn once again. I am so glad. I have been living on a couple three day visits a year and this means we can visit lots more.

Off to the quilt show tomorrow. It will be a blast, but, I am really feeling tired right now so it will also be kinda hard. Two and one half hours worth of driving in one day. I think we will scratch the Southern Living Idea House. Jim said he can not possibly drive in the car that far right after we have been on the road everyday for what feels like a week non-stop. So, I think she and I will just hit the antique shops and thrift stores here on Friday.

Then, after she leaves on Sat. a.m. I plan to just take it easy till I have to be at the hosp. for surgery on Tues.

Better get some sleep. I will sure need it.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 9:37 PM | Locked

Jody

Tanner is a sweetheart.  I totally understand how hard this is.  My furbabies have always been as much a part of my family as my kids.  It tears me apart when I have to put one of them down.  Big hugs coming your way.  No that Tanner will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 9:39 PM | Locked

chocake2:
I thought of our dear Diane and wished I could make her dingy bats to dangle from her ears. :(

CC 

Diane would have loved them.  She is often in my thoughts as well.   Especially when "the cheese is slipping off my cracker"

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 0
Page 126 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 124 125 126 127 128 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use