Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 123 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 121 122 123 124 125 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,543
Points 51,255
Ginny replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 8:12 AM | Locked

Spudgrandma,  I have glued my binding on one of my quilts after you talked about Sharon's you tube video, but I haven't been able to find the small tip for the glue bottle.  You mentioned she had on her video how to get one, but I couldn't find it.  Can you please elaborate?    Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 8:26 AM | Locked

Caryl, I love your stars quilt. very well done.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 9:04 AM | Locked

Kris ,did you feel the earthquake last evening? is everything ok up your way? Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,421
Points 415,844
gini replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 9:26 AM | Locked

beautiful scrappy, caryl

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 9:44 AM | Locked

Caryl, love that quilt. I'm in awe of all of your perfect points.

Gini, did you and Sam enjoy a special evening celebrating the two of you, or will you wait for a night out until you are recovered from your travels. 'Seems to me you two manage to make every day a celebration...maybe that's why you've kept it together for 43 years! :)

The kids brought home a virus this week. As usual, it went straight for my throat and I am vocally impaired this morning. The dog had one of the boys' gloves this morning and all I could muster was "j--Eeeee! 'Rrp iTT". Needless to say, she failed to drop it, but she did give me a rather odd look.  The kids think it's hillarious to try to get me to say something. I squeak and they giggle. Hopefully my morning java will loosen things up a bit, so I can at least nag at DH. Then again, he probably will welcome my silence. :D

The social club meets today. I was looking forward to going and introducing Sprout to all of the nice ladies who gave him such a warm welcome (They had his baby shower at the last meeting) but so many of the gals have health issues...I'd feel awful if one of them caught this nasty little germ!

I made several blocks for my friends' quilt yesterday. As long as I am going to be stuck at home today, I'll see if I can't get a few more thrown together. She e-mailed me that someone had made her a  table runner and after seeing it, she's once again excited to learn to quilt ...she's rushing out to buy another cheater panel and get started. *Sigh* Seems like thats how she ended up with the project she passed off to me... Maybe I should just assemble a stack of blocks and dump the whole mess back in her lap to finish? :-} I think for Christmas she'll get a subscription to a quilting magazine...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 10:54 AM | Locked

Ginny:

Spudgrandma,  I have glued my binding on one of my quilts after you talked about Sharon's you tube video, but I haven't been able to find the small tip for the glue bottle.  You mentioned she had on her video how to get one, but I couldn't find it.  Can you please elaborate?    Ginny 

Here is her home page, the tips are under supplies on the right side of the page.

Sharon Schambers

Here is a direct link to the tips, they screw right on to the School glue bottle and work great. They are a bit of a pain to clean, I used a toothpick (being careful not to push it through the tip, I did not want to enlarge the hole)and running warm water and got the job done.

Glue Tips

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,578
Points 47,550
Debbie-do replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 10:59 AM | Locked

Spudgrandma:

They are a bit of a pain to clean, I used a toothpick (being careful not to push it through the tip, I did not want to enlarge the hole)and running warm water and got the job done.

Glue Tips

What if you thread a needle and run it through the hole while it's in the warm water??  Just a thought.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 11:01 AM | Locked

Woo Hoo, I have the binding sewn and the ends joined on all 4 remaining quilts. The plan today is to get them all glue basted, well, I did not say I would get it done but it is a worthy goal...  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,543
Points 51,255
Ginny replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 11:39 AM | Locked

Thanks so much Spud.  Although I went under her name, I didn't find that page when I did.  Again, thanks so much.   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 11:47 AM | Locked

Debbie-do:
What if you thread a needle and run it through the hole while it's in the warm water??  Just a thought.

Thanks Debbie-do, that is a great idea. So far I have been lucky and not actually got the tip plugged but it kind of builds up on the sides between where it screws on to the bottle and the tip end.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 11:48 AM | Locked

Ginny:

Thanks so much Spud.  Although I went under her name, I didn't find that page when I did.  Again, thanks so much.   Ginny

You are most welcome Ginny.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,543
Points 51,255
Ginny replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 12:30 PM | Locked

What am I up to today?   Weelll, I am a bit frustrated. I need to go to the store and return the coffee that I bought this morning when I found that I was completely out of coffee.  I picked up the wrong kind this morning.  I picked up whole bean coffee and I need ground coffee as my coffeegrinder got borrowed by someone and didn't find its way back home.  Normally, this would be no big deal but, with my door handle being broken, it is difficult to climb over the console to open the door from the inside and then get out and walk around to get in.  With my arthritis giving me absolute fits right now it is something I just don't want to do.  

The dealership called a little while ago and made an appointment for Friday morning to fix it.  Why couldn't it be tomorrow when I will be down in that area for physical therapy and a Drs appoitnment.  No that wasn't possible, the part won't be in until sometime tomorrow and might be too late to accomodate me.  Grrrreat!  So I am in a Grumbly mood now.    Think I'll just go eat some worms.  LOL   Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 12:46 PM | Locked

chocake2:

I think for Christmas she'll get a subscription to a quilting magazine...

CC, I think a wonderful Christmas present for your friend would be the finished product of the quilt that she passed off to you.  Honestly, what could be more valuable that your hard work and all the time spent on the project that she wanted and picked out herself?

Raleigh, NC

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 1:50 PM | Locked

A very valid point Carolyn, but alas, the quilt I am working on for her is to be her gift to someone else. Don't judge her too harshly for apssing it off. Her hubby had a stroke a few weeks ago and her hands are too full  with helping him to recover for her to finish it in time for Christmas ...So I am helping out. Sorta. kinda..

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 1:53 PM | Locked

I finally got a little time on the torch and did up the beads DD has been pestering me about. they came out of the kiln this morning. While I was at it, I did up a few extras and made up a bobble for a fun friend who seems to be feeling a little down lately. What do ya think? Are they Too tacky??

• | Post Points: 170
Page 123 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 121 122 123 124 125 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use