Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 121 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 119 120 121 122 123 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,500
Points 50,630
Ginny replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 12:45 PM | Locked

Whoo hoo!  I just found out what flavor the baby is going to be.  It's a BOY!   So happy for my granddaughter.  They have a little girl who is going to be 3, and this one is a suprise package.   So Marie, now we just have to wait and see whose baby boy great grandbaby comes first.    Wow now I have to go shopping for quilt fabric and get started on his quilt.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 1:09 PM | Locked

Happy Anniversary Gini and Sam!  Hope you have many more!!! 

Great quilt top Caryl...I love your star blocks.

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 1:09 PM | Locked

Caryl - I love these little stars!  I would have gone crazy with all those HSTs, but it looks great.  :)

Raleigh, NC

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 1:25 PM | Locked

Caryl - I Love Scrappy and yours is really cute! Your points look great, too! Mine don't always match so sashing just seems to be appropriate for me - LOL!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,323
Points 27,920
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 1:50 PM | Locked

Nana:

Consider yourself kicked....

I needed that, Nana.  It took a little time to get here because our internet was acting WIERD yesterday.  I gave up when nothing worked right.  I just redesigned a few small quilts in EQ 7 and worked on my Farmer's Wife quilt.  Spent most of the day in the truck and got sashing on 6 more blocks.  I now have 65 blocks with sashing on 2 sides ready for arranging and assembling.  I need to get pictures taken and posted of those that are missing from each block's thread.  Some pictures will be with sashing added.  I have been sashing the last ones as I finish them.   I have 12 left to finish and quite a pile to add sashing and cornerstones. 

Maybe your kick will get me back to the 10 quilts that need layering and quilting.  It doesn't take long to pin them because they fit on my cutting table. It is so easy to sit here in my lazy chair and  sew by hand.  I need to finish the last blocks at home because the truck moves too much to do the more accurate piecing that these last blocks need.  Of course, I left the ones with the most pieces for last!  I could have done some of the triangles as HST, but forgot and cut the triangles before sewing.  Now I pay by having all these small triangles.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,323
Points 27,920
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 2:01 PM | Locked

Caryl:
Got tired of logging in and being told they aren't up yet for business.  This site does seem to have problems.

I guess I am not alone!  I gave up also.  I just tried to edit my last post from a few minutes ago and got the "can't process your request" notice. 

I love your stars.  I never thought of using 9 patches for the centers.  That would work well for my small quilts.  Very colorful!  I especially like stars when I CHEAT and make the geese out of 2 HST's.  No fancy stuff and tiny HST leftovers.  I don't like to waste fabric.  I just make massive numbers of HST.  What's a few more seams?  With these small quilts, I do a lot of extra piecing when fabric pieces are too small.  I use it ALL but the chaff!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,323
Points 27,920
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 2:10 PM | Locked

I am getting a late start to the day even with Nana's S L O W kick (because of the site and the internet) because today is grocery shopping day - the usual 3 hour ordeal.  Most of the time is spent on the road.  I am home, groceries sorted, MIL's groceries sent over to her - - her caretaker forgot to add to the list so she needed spaghetti sauce - - so I had her take the groceries with her.  Good thing I had one in the cupboard and a partial jar in the freezer.  The partial jar will do for us.  I guess that starts next weeks list. 

I tried to add this to my first post of the day, but that met with "bugs" in the system.  Editing usually works well, but - - - - - - - - -

Have a good day, everyone, and NO PAIN OR OTHER HEALTH PROBLEMS for the day - - - PLEASE!!!  I am actually feeling better today, myself, - - - maybe Nana's kick helped!  Also, the sun has been peeking out off and on all day so far.  Tomorrow will be a warmer than normal 70, so maybe that will help also.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 2:36 PM | Locked

Gini - congratulations on 43 years for you and Sam.  I married my first hubby on Oct. 16th too!  Only we got married in '65.  In 1965, Oct. 16th was "sweetest day".  Don't ask me what that is but it was on the calendar.  :o)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 2:37 PM | Locked

Caryl - that quilt top is very nice!!!!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 2:56 PM | Locked

Well the first day of jury duty was BORING!.  I sat down in the holding room until 4:30 and then they let us go for the day.  They did take 42 folks up to the courtroom but fortunately my name wasn't among those.  At least we had comfy seats down in the holding room.  I worked Sudoku puzzles all morning and read a book in the afternoon.  We could get up and walk around, get drinks and snacks from the breakroom and use the bathroom.   In the courtroom, you sit on hard benches and I don't think you can leave the room once they are in session like that.  Today is a day off while they finish trying the case that they picked the jury for yesterday.   It gave me a chance to do laundry and grocery shopping. 

Started on the "17 Day Diet" today.  Celeste lost 65 pounds on it and is keeping it off. She is back to the tiny little thing that she was before the two kids.  Dave is being very supportive.  He even paid for my book.  The first 17 days is the "cleansing cycle" to flush all the sugar and fat storage.  Lots of fish and chicken, veggies and some fruits.  No carbs - which are my biggest problem child. 

I've got to get going on a new project I bought fabric for - a big tote bag with pockets for Celeste for Christmas.  I found some really cute fabric at the shop that has sheep knitting plus some coordinating fabrics and some black and white polka dots to use for it.  It will hold a lot of knitting for her.  Looks fairly easy. 

Nan and  Georgia Girl Quilter - A Scarlet Thread is having a "yard sale" on Sat.  The employees have been invited to clean out their sewing rooms and bring it to the shop patio for a special sale.  Thanks to Karen, I am taking a bunch of the pet pillows to sell to make some money for the shelter.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,261
Points 173,143
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 3:23 PM | Locked

Happy Anniversary Gini and Sam, and many, many more!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,261
Points 173,143
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 3:28 PM | Locked

Caryl, very pretty top.  It's amazing what you can get done when your not in front of the computer!  I worked on the backing for my DGS quilt today, not much more left to do.  Turned out it will be a two sided quilt, didn't plan it that way but that's what turned out.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,337
Points 414,644
gini replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 3:29 PM | Locked

thanks everyone for the good wishes

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,261
Points 173,143
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 3:38 PM | Locked

Ginny:
Whoo hoo!  I just found out what flavor the baby is going to be.  It's a BOY!  

It's a boy for me too Ginny.  How exciting!  I have "The Very Hungry Caterpillar"  fabrics and will make a quilt with that, seems mom loved that particular book when she was younger.  I also have some other fabrics to make a new born baby quilt with, don't know which I'll make first.  End of February, beginning of March is when my little one arrives.  How about yours, I forgot?

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 624
Points 9,310
MaggieNae replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 3:42 PM | Locked

Has anyone else been catching the Why Quilts Matter series on PBS?  I missed a couple of episodes.  I'm a little upset that I cannot find these PBS shows or regular quilting shows ON DEMAND.  The one last night about Gee's Bend quilts what kind of interesting.  I wonder if the influx of money hasn't changed the material selection from worn, used scraps of material to newer fabrics.  You can't observe a thing without changing it.

Page 121 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 119 120 121 122 123 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use