Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 118 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 116 117 118 119 120 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,261
Points 173,143
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 1:21 PM | Locked

Thanks Nana, don't know if it'll help but I sure did fill that on my backside!  I knew I could count on you, my friend.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,261
Points 173,143
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 1:23 PM | Locked

Frances, good friends never hesitate or let an ocean get in their way.  :  )

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,261
Points 173,143
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 1:24 PM | Locked

That should've read feel not fill.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 1:35 PM | Locked

Marie:

Spudgrandma:

I wish someone would send me to my machine so I could get the binding done on my last 4 Grandbaby quilts. I just cannot get motivated to go and do it...

Spud, we'd make a great pair, need a fire under me as well.

Well at least I'm in good company Marie.  

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 1:37 PM | Locked

Nana:
To Spud and Marie....  Get off your duffs and get to sewing.  You both know better than to procrastinate.   Consider yourselfs kicked in the backside ....  LOL

Thanks, I needed that. LOL I did go and get it all set up and that is the hard part for me. So will eat a bite and then get after it.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 1:59 PM | Locked

Nana:

Frances

I have a loooooong reach.  I will send you a kick to your backside too if you should need the motivation....LOL>

Nana,

You would be kicking for so long it would wear out your leg.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 2:01 PM | Locked

Thanks Marie,

I thought i would be safe way over here, By the way how are you getting on with your hexies.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,261
Points 173,143
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 2:45 PM | Locked

Frances:

Thanks Marie,

I thought i would be safe way over here, By the way how are you getting on with your hexies.

lots of love

Francesxx

Frances, the one and only is still lonesome and waiting for a mate.  I've done nothing but finish my obligation to the swaps I joined and working on the backing to my DGS quilt.  Barbara is patiently awaiting it so she can quilt it and bind it for me.  I need more than Nana's kick on the backside to get me out of this funk.  Hope it passes soon because I have nothing in the world to be in a funk for.  Actually good things are happening in my life.  A great grandson to look forward to in February or March, my youngest son just engaged his sweetheart of 3 years and wedding bells will ring the winter of 2013/14.  Could it be the change of season?  This is my favorite time of the year though.  I've got to dig deep and try to figure it out.  

Enough now, quit your complaining Marie.  Thanks for letting me vent guys.  I'll figure it out soon, God willing.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 624
Points 9,310
MaggieNae replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 3:06 PM | Locked

Marie, boy can I understand about your funk.  Last week I was so fatigued and feeling fat (hit miy highest weight ever) and missing my dog.  It was just a bad time.  Seems to be better today though.  I'm back down a couple of pounds and not quilte as tired, but I did fall asleep early on the couch last night.  I love this type of weather too, nice fall days, but they've always kicked my butt, ever since jr. high.  Sometimes it just gets too hard to focus on anything to do more than watch a movie or take a nap at night.  I need to get moving too though.  I've got a full list of quilting to get done.  Can't wait until we FALL BACK and we "gain" an hour.  Yeah, right.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 3:24 PM | Locked

MaggieNae:
Can't wait until we FALL BACK and we "gain" an hour.  Yeah, right.

I do hope that works out for you... I'm not sure it will do anything for me as I'm not getting full use out of the hours I have right now. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,261
Points 173,143
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 3:31 PM | Locked

MaggieNae, I hate when FALL BACK time comes!  It gets dark about 5 pm and is very depressing, especially since I don't drive in the dark.  The nights are so long.

Feeling fat is an ongoing thing for me, I have hit an all time high as well but just can't lose an ounce, too inactive.  I tried the walks around the pool but dropped that too.  I think I'll go do that now since I felt much better when I was doing that.  See you in a bit.

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 109
Points 1,005
barbjahay replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 4:47 PM | Locked

Sounds like me, I drove to the Post Office ( 9 miles one way) and enjoyed the fall colors. The sand plums bushes are red and the Locust Trees are gold from the frost we had last week. It rained too so I have not been anywhere for a week. I used to walk up our driveway but I dont like the rocks. My knees and ankels just cant take much anyway. I would give anything for a pool, I love water excercises and swimming, its alot easier and better for the joints.My mother-in-law never learned how to swim. Her brother pushed her into a pond one time and she almost drowned. She wont even get in a bathtub.  Being a diabetic I have to really watch what and when I eat. I have always been a big eater, taught to clean my plate. I am usually the one that cleans up the leftovers. I just cant buy anything I know I will get into and overindulge. So when my blood sugar drops I grab a cookie. My mother-in-law makes cookies to take to Senior Citizen dinners and my husband has gotten quite spoiled. She keeps his cookie jar full. I make the dough and then she does the baking. So much for counting calories around here. I won't drive at night unless absolutely necessary. My eyes just cant take the lights. I dont mind so much out here in the country, I can drive slow and there is very little traffic. I catch a ride with friends to go to Guild meetings if the weather is ok., if its rainy, forget it. Depression hits me when we have a lot of cold, cloudy, rainy days. So I just shut the curtains,  get out a bright colored quilt project and try to forget about the weather.  Maybe I will start the Trip Quilt I have had the fabric for 5 or so years, golds, greens, rusts, need to dust off the box and see what I've got, seeing the colors changing has inspired me. bj

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 5:58 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
LEslie, I was thinking about you this a.m. Did ADMN. Mandy ever get back to you about Mailbox Surprises

No she didn't I have sent several emails

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 6:06 PM | Locked

Marie:
Barbara is patiently awaiting it so she can quilt it and bind it for me.

Marie Yes ,I am waiting for you ..LOL  better get to me while I'm not real busy ..LOL   ((((((KICK)))))))that 's my swift kick in the  butt.. get going girl ...

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,323
Points 27,920
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 6:16 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

The contrast tastes like a banana milkshake. thank you. Lord. I can live with that. and not gag with every drink. Also, drinking with a straw helps. Hope I am OK in doing that.

You are so lucky that your "drink" is tasty.  The first contrast I had to drink was 2 JUGS of liquid that tasted like very poor punch Koolade.  Haven't been able to drink anything punch-flavored since!!  I barely gagged the first jug down when the nurse returned with the 2nd!  I wondered how I could get it down, but with Rich's encouragement, I did.  The second time it was thick barium - that was the "gag with every drink" grey goo.  I am so happy for you that they have improved those nasty drinks in the past 20 years!   I can see no reason that you shouldn't use a straw.  Get it down - - - that's what counts. 

I am thrilled to see the change in your view on life.  The hives will go.  It might be a reaction to something in the "drink".  Since my cancer 12 years ago, I have also changed my attitude toward life.  When you stare death in the face, you have 2 options - get depressed or look to the future.  I decided that I wanted to see my grandchildren grow up and see my great-grandchildren.  I have done both.  Keep thinking positive and everything will be fine.  We are all there with you.  Feel our {{{HUGS}}}

Marsha - Western New York

Page 118 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 116 117 118 119 120 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use