Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 117 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 115 116 117 118 119 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,013
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 10:27 AM | Locked

Pat, your great granddaughter is going to have a beautiful quilt when you are finished, lucky girl.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,013
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 10:30 AM | Locked

Gini, sounds like y'all should leave cousin dearest at home your next family trip.  Without her it sounded like a wonderful week.  Glad you're going home to Sam, a few weeks is too long without your sweetie.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,013
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 10:31 AM | Locked

Sukochi, my thoughts and prayers are with you today.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,013
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 10:33 AM | Locked

Leslie, you take it easy today, hope you're feeling better tomorrow.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,013
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 10:35 AM | Locked

Sorry for your family's loss Vivian, prayers going up for you.  God Bless.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 10:42 AM | Locked

gini:

Pat, your quilt is going to be darling.  Can't wait to see it all finished.

We've made it as far as Seattle.   Our next flight doesn't leave until 11, so there's a bit of waiting to do.   We'll get to Spokane at midnight, and after dropping off  cousin dearest, driving to auntie #2's house, picking up auntie #1's car, and going on into sandpoint, we should be home about, oh, 2ish 3ish in the A of M.  It is a long day.   But, my sweetie is home waiting for me.  We haven't seen each other for a few weeks.   It's a crazy life we live.

Gini, for a moment I thought we had crossed paths at Sea-Tac, but then I saw your post was at 10 P M...not AM.  We arrived at Sea-Tac about 10:30am PDT yesterday morning after getting up at what would have been 1:00am PDT on the east coast. 

It was a very long morning for us and included a few traumas, including no wake-up call at the hotel, mis-info from the car rental place (to top off the gas tank from them was $9.00+ (instead of the $3.85 they told us originally - if we didn't buy a full tank) - which resulted in us trying to find a close-by gas station at 4am their time. Then DH, after boarding the plane, discovered he had left his jacket in the seat at the airport.  The PILOT got off the plane to retreive his jacket for him!  Great service, but very embarrassing!!!  (Something about regulations not allowing passengers to leave the plane after they are on.)

After arriving in Seattle, DS #2 picked us up, went to his home to retreive our car and incidentals, then drove to DS #3's house north of Seattle.  Our D-dog was beside herself happy to see us!!!  According to them, she had been acting like she knew we were coming all morning.  She would pace and whine, check the front window and then pace and whine some more...lol!  Poor thing, she was really missing us!!!  (She is almost 15 and spoilt rotten by DH.)

We had a late lunch with DS #3 and family (grand-kids and Shalley too)  then drove home in heavy rain.  Arrived here about 7pm with only light rain on this side of the Cascades.  Everything was pretty wet, so assume most of the fires have been dampened considerably.  This morning there is a lot of ground fog in the valley and it looks like we have had some heavy frosts while we were gone for the 5 days.  Putting the garden to bed for the winter will be the chore for this week!  Off to SAIL class this morning - those seniors have been chomping at the bit to get back to their exercise routine.  We had several calls last evening to be sure we were back and class was on schedule!

Have a great day everyone and Sukochi and Thea, I am saying prayers for you both...

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 11:04 AM | Locked

Leslie :

Called in a sick day for work, not feeling very spiffy this morn.

Sorry you are under the weather Leslie, feel better.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 11:06 AM | Locked

I wish someone would send me to my machine so I could get the binding done on my last 4 Grandbaby quilts. I just cannot get motivated to go and do it...

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 11:13 AM | Locked

T&P going up Sukochi. Prayers for everyone who woke up achy this morning. Welcome home, Gini and Donna.

I got the kids off to school with minimal fuss this AM (Wonder when the other shoe will drop?) and crawled back into bed for another hour. DH didn't get to bed til after 4AM last night so sleep was at a premium ('always sleep better when he's breathing next to me). On top of it Jr came home on Fri, sneezed twice and felt fine. Today I have his virus... YUCK! My throat is all scratchy, jionts ache and I fear that my head might explode... Wish he'd left the germ at the curb!

My goal today will be to catch up on the weekends laundry, start laying out my friends quilt and make those darned beads that I didn't get done over the weekend. That said, I'm already late getting going and Sprout will be waking up from his morning nap sooon. I'd bettter get my rear in gear!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957
Leslie replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 11:50 AM | Locked

CC, I understand about the germs, my GKs are forever bring their school germs out to visit LOL feel better

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,013
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 12:01 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma:

I wish someone would send me to my machine so I could get the binding done on my last 4 Grandbaby quilts. I just cannot get motivated to go and do it...

Spud, we'd make a great pair, need a fire under me as well.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 12:26 PM | Locked

Oh, Vivian so sorry to hear of this lost. What a ripe old age this lady lived to.

Thea, Hope you are well today...And back to Stacking and Whacking.

LEslie, I was thinking about you this a.m. Did ADMN. Mandy ever get back to you about Mailbox Surprises? Sorry, you don't feel so great today.

That recipe sounds so good.

I must have missed something. The CT operator said that this Nissen Funidaplication is MAJOR surgery. Yikes. No one told ME that.  She went on to say how serious it is and how terribly painful and long the recovery is. Some people just love to rain on your parade.

Got that test out of the way. Now trying to get that contrast out of ME. OMG, I will clear the whole neighborhood with this gas. Just terrlbie. I think this stuff should come with a big skull and crossbones on the bottle. Just terrible. Went done pretty easy though. I knew there was a catch somewhere.

Thanks for all the good wishes, thoughts and prayers. That is how we should start the day around this forum. Just "Good morning, good wishes, thoughts and prayers for you recovery, fall, lost family member, pain, surgery, upset stomach, lonelness, pricked finger, misscut fabric, roof falling in on you, etc......"

So am almost finished on the witch of a block I have looked in, on for a month, and always seem to run screaming from the sewing room without touching. This new me is a really nice patient  lady. That ole block doesn't terrorize ME anymore. I can do this.

Sister comes day after tomorrow. Now have some cleaning to do. I am so excited for her to see all the chasnges in our home. And. trying to figure out how to keep her away from my house until I get back from Blue Ridge, and my iron nap. I thought about telling her to just sit in the car, in the driveway, but she won't buy that. or, put paper up in all the windows so she just can't see in the house. Then she emails last night and says to tell her how to get to the Clinic and she will come there, first. Glad one of us has a brain.

Think I will take a nap now. Later, Ladies.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,706
Points 436,515
Nana replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 12:41 PM | Locked

Gini and Donna Glad you had safe trips and made it home happy and sound.  I had seen the weather reports that Washington was getting rain and I immediately said my thanks to the Lord that the fires out that way may finally be under control and hopefully all gone soon.

To all those that are feeling poorly or having tests today I hope that everything goes well and you all start feeling better soon.

To Spud and Marie....  Get off your duffs and get to sewing.  You both know better than to procrastinate.   Consider yourselfs kicked in the backside ....  LOL

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 12:56 PM | Locked

Nana,

Stop using long words you know i have to hunt in the dictionary to find out what they mean.

To Spud and Marie.... Get off your duffs and get to sewing. You both know better than to procrastinate. Consider yourselfs kicked in the backside .... LOL as for this line are you sure youre not an ex sargent major from the Army (Geez im glad im all the way over here so you cant get too me)

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,706
Points 436,515
Nana replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 12:58 PM | Locked

Frances

I have a loooooong reach.  I will send you a kick to your backside too if you should need the motivation....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Page 117 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 115 116 117 118 119 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use