Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 114 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 112 113 114 115 116 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 5:07 PM | Locked

Quiet afternoon. We had a great service at church this a.m. Our pastor is cruising the Greek Isles with his wife, one of our Elders and his wife. Church looked like "While the cats away, the mice with play". So empty. why do people do that? Anyway, another Elder, who is a Minister as well, filled in. He is tough.. A Bible Schloar for sure. Anyway, he had us on our toes with his sermon questions. Jim said he didn't think anyone knew what answer Kent was looking ,so we all just sat and looked at our feet. He did get us out on time.Oh,  and,he  put the mike in front of my face. They know I hate that. To ask how being dunked had changed me. I am not an" in the moment" speaker. I have to think about things. Caught off guard, I always go for funny, usually. But, I sure shocked myself. Gave a beautiful answer and started to cry.  He moved on.  I think I startled him. He loves to catch us off guard.

Tomorrow a.m. I get the CT. Have to drink these two large bottles of contrast. you always know that will be yucky when the person who gives it to you says to put it in the fridge. It will be "more palatable" if it is cold. I drink the first at 7:30 and the second at 8"30. We will have to leave before 8:30 so will have a to go drink. yum.

Got the block for Sabrina cut and pieced and in an envelope to mail. Glad that is done. I don't think I will feel much like sewing tomorrow aft.

Beautiful fall day. In the 60's, and cloudy but no rain. There sure was a line of traffic going north toward Ellijay and the Apple Festival when we were headed south to church. Then I left my puse in the sanctuary. Pastor's daughter called us and we made a U-turn and headed back. The doors were still open and I hear domeone in there but couldn't tell where the vioces were coming from.

The lady who drives our Church bus is in her 80's. You best not be late for that bus.. We have some older kids who come by the bus. She preachs to them all the way there and back. But, they love her. she is a dear. She told me that if I can't talk the day after surgery, to write notes. Drives everyone crazy, she says, and throws her head back al just howls. She is so funny.

Better go iron some shirts for the rest of the week. This will be a rushed "here and there" kinda week.

Thurs. thru Sunday is the Georgia Quilt Show. I will get pictures.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 5:19 PM | Locked

Judy - my questionnaire said 70 was the magic number.  If I understand things, you can do it voluntarily if you want after that but you don't have to.  Of course I plan to point out my hearing loss to see if that will get me kicked to the curb.  :o) I can hear certain people just fine but other voice ranges are difficult for me.  It there is other "noise' at the same time, it really throws me for a loop.  My DGD talks softly and FAST --- very hard for me.  I am always asking her to repeat things.  DH suffered hearing loss after the GBS.  His neurologist said it was from lying flat on his back for almost 6 months.  Don't know if that is true or not.  He has hearing aids but they don't really help him so I'm not planning to go through that expense any time soon. 

Dave got a jury summons right after he got out of the hospital so we had no problem getting him excused.  A month later I got a summons so I always blamed that one on him.  :o)  They figured if they couldn't get one of us, they would settle for the other.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 5:47 PM | Locked

Marge, our plan is to come to the store on sat afternoon..even if you can come to show on Friday. Then we will get. Room ner your store area for the night. Maybe we could do dinner, totally up to you. Maddie and I are both excited and she started gathering scraps for your pet beds and wants you to show her how to make two for our dogs. Also got a load of books for you.

Nan

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 5:47 PM | Locked

Marge, our plan is to come to the store on sat afternoon..even if you can come to show on Friday. Then we will get. Room ner your store area for the night. Maybe we could do dinner, totally up to you. Maddie and I are both excited and she started gathering scraps for your pet beds and wants you to show her how to make two for our dogs. Also got a load of books for you.

Nan

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 5:47 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma:
I'm not sure how mature you have to be here before they quit sending notices

I'll probably never be that mature... I have no plans to ever grow up!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 6:05 PM | Locked

chocake2:

Spudgrandma:
I'm not sure how mature you have to be here before they quit sending notices

I'll probably never be that mature... I have no plans to ever grow up!

Good one CC!!!  

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 6:06 PM | Locked

No pictures are allowed at Georgia quilt show according to page about tickets and other rules. Maddie is so sad. Are you still going on Thursday. We are set for Friday and then Scarlet letter on sat. Hope the weather is nice. 

Things have calmed down here! Couldn't handle much more. This week dogs go to vets for flea stuff that will work, then groomer on thurs and then to DS house while exterminator does my house while we are gone. Been fighting these things literally all summer, have bombed 3 times. Guess we have bionic kind. But last winter never got cold enough to kill them off.

maddie is doing great in 2nd math book, buzzing right thru, I love when she has that moment of understanding with it and the lightbulb goes off! I feel sure she will be in third book and probably done it by end of year. And it is equal to grade level.

and she seems to like homeschooling more every day,she loves to tell people about it who ask "Don't you miss regular school?"

Nan

Cleveland,TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 6:38 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Tomorrow a.m. I get the CT.

Praying your scan will be clear. (((HUGS)))

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,432
Points 38,360
Linda replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 8:02 PM | Locked

Ginny:

Oh Linda, I wish you lived near me.  Our only church serviice starts at 11 a.m. It is later than I would like and sometimes makes it difficult for me to not get involved in something else and let tjhe time slip by.  Ginny

Thanks, Ginny. Where do you live? I understand on doctor days I get involved and next thing I know someone is here to pick me up.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 8:07 PM | Locked

Just a quick thank you to all of you for your cheering me on. I know you must just get sick and tired of hearing how sick and tired I am. LOL

Well, this test in the morning will tell just how sick and tired I really am, or, Praise God, NOT!

Everyone have a wonderful evening. I will problaby not be around to much tomorrow. But, if I might ask for yet another nod to the good Lord above on my behalf. He will know of whom you speak as I am the one who makes His head SPIN!!

Nighty Night  ; }

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 8:21 PM | Locked

Sukochi, I know what you mean - everyone is probably sick and tired of hearing about both of our pains but isn't it just great to have a place where we can just go and let it off our chests a little.  I love that.

You, my dear friend, are in my prayers for good results tomorrow and some great answers.  I see my doctor on Thursday and hope that he will have some answers for me.  My life is full to the tip with stress right now and I am not dealing very well with that at all.  I need some great virtual hugs and I get them from here and they do help me more then anyone will ever know - without QCA I would be probably locked up tight somewhere where they would have taken my rotary cutter and scissors away a long time ago.  

I can escape here and have made such great friends.  I love talking to other quilters who know my passion for quilting and are not judgemental and caring in every way.  It helps so much.  

So please never think that any of us get tired of listening to you - we all know and understand!  And your message has been sent to our great Lord and he will be there with you tomorrow.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,432
Points 38,360
Linda replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 8:21 PM | Locked

chocake2:

Linda:

I'd love to go to church again, but my neighbors go to the 8:00 service. I can manage to get myself ready for the 10:30 service, but there is no one in this area that goes to that service anymore. I can't afford a taxi and the paratransit is not realiable for time. I'm not even sure they run on Sunday anyway.

Why don't you give your church a call and explain your delema? They might be able to provide a solution.

Pastor and I have talked about this at length. Problem is my neighbors and one other lady are the only people in this area that goes to that church and they go to the early service, The other couple that went to our church that lived in this area has left the church. Most people from our church either live in the town or further east. I live west. Pastor comes to visit me once a month and gives me communion. And I belong to the women's mission club and meetings are in the evening and I go to those if I'm up to it. I also go to a senior Bible Study when I don't have a doctor appointment on that day.But usually that's the only day I can see the pain mgmt./pysch doctor. If I'm up in time and I remember I can watch Lutheran Hour on the internet. I just miss the church service with the liturgy, sermon, etc.  Part of that is because I'm a parish ministry assistant. I just have to adjust.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 8:25 PM | Locked

JodyS:

Jodie - adorable picture!  You are a very lucky woman to have a deer for a friend!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 8:39 PM | Locked

Thea,

Every word you wrote is so true. I was raised to never share anything outside the small immediate family. And all that bent up stress really affected me. I love this sie even if I do not post a lot. As a teen I wanted to go to college for textile engineering but parents had other ideas. Now with my quilting is like doing what I thought was best for my life originally. And I never had lots of friends but now I feel I am blessed with many.

thanks,

Nan

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,432
Points 38,360
Linda replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 8:46 PM | Locked

Thea, thank you for saying we can always come to our QCA friends and tell them our problems. I know sometimes I feel like no one cares to listen to my problems because it's hard to understand all my problems, A majority are related to my accident 5 years ago and I just keep struggling with the constant pain and the constant doctor appointments and rarely any good news. Sometimes I feel no one cares because so many of my family and friends here have let me down. Thanks everyone for letting me vent.

Blessings to everyone. Hugs too.

Page 114 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 112 113 114 115 116 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use