Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 113 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 111 112 113 114 115 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 10:43 AM | Locked

That gives me an idea.  I am sure there are folks that would like to go to our church if they had a ride.  I will have to let the pastor know that I am available to do so. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,665
JodyS replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 10:47 AM | Locked

Patti, thanks. I love the natural light! Looking out that window is great ...until the deer Mom spies me. That critter follows me around the house. She looks in windows, stands under the porch up on her hind legs and stands outside the door demanding corn, etc. She even eats from my hand! Maybe id I wore a wolf mask I'd be safe from her! lol

Here she is standing up under the porch waiting for bread! lol

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 10:50 AM | Locked

Spent most of yesterday with DH  giving the house a cleaning.  The house was awful.  Since spring we have both been so busy, we only did what absolutely had to be done, and nothing more.  But now the bathrooms, living room,  bedroom are completely clean.  My sewing room is now clean enough to enjoy being in it.  Just Steve's office, where I have a desk piled high with papers, the kitchen and my loft with my computer need cleaning. 

With my big projects done, the wedding quilt and rows for the Leavenworth retreat, I chose something to sew that I felt like sewing.  Did a  block of the month, and today I will work on catching up with the Craftsy blocks.  That will take a couple weeks of sewing some everyday.  But it would be nice to finish them with everyone else this time.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 10:55 AM | Locked

Good Morning,

It's grey and over cast here today. My big goal is to get the flower bed repaired. Jenni got it into her doggy head to dig... and when she discovered the landscapers cloth under the pumace stone, she tore it all out. Now there are little red rocks and shreds of black cloth all over the yard. The former owner has asked for some root cuttings from that flower bed so i was going to have to do some work out there anyway...

I never got to my torch yesterday and DD is still awaiting bobbles to embellish her quilt with. And now she says she wants a bat for her hat.... Moms are magic ya know. We don't actually need time to make these things happen. We can create them out of thin air. *poof*....     *sigh* don't I wish.

I didn't get much sleep last ngiht. Sprout was up a lot, and wanted to be held. Hubby insists he's teething. I'm not so sure.... but something sure unsettled our little charmer ! It's hard to be cheerful and fun whan all you want is another hour with your pillow.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,251
Points 172,988
Marie replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 11:05 AM | Locked

Jody, love your space, you'll have many happy hours there, enjoy!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,251
Points 172,988
Marie replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 11:06 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
 Actually did some piecing this afternoon. Jim came to the door and asked who the new quilter was. Smart a++! And here he was such a sweetheart earlier.

Sukochi, they turn on you in a minute.  MEN!!!!!!  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 3:19 PM | Locked

Its nice that he's noticing your efforts, Sukochi, and seems to appreciate them!

I gave up on the flower bed. tHe dog was undoing it as fast as I was doing it. I'm afraid the only solution is to dig it all out and move itoutside the fence -a  task I have nether the time nor energy to complete just now.

I did dig roots for the former owner and delivered them when we made the milk run. She had big plans to make her elderly uncle a lap quilt for Christmas, but her husband's stroke has undone all of her schemes. She asked if I would take her fabrics and "Make him something pretty" so I came home with a bag full of someone else's sewing project. How do I get myself into these things?? On the up side, she hadn't even started cutting yet, so i wont have her mistakes to figure out (only my own). LOL She bought  a "cheater" panel so it should be a fast project. - I just need to add a couple of borders.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 4:07 PM | Locked

chocake2:

Linda:

I'd love to go to church again, but my neighbors go to the 8:00 service. I can manage to get myself ready for the 10:30 service, but there is no one in this area that goes to that service anymore. I can't afford a taxi and the paratransit is not realiable for time. I'm not even sure they run on Sunday anyway.

Why don't you give your church a call and explain your delema? They might be able to provide a solution.

Great advice CC.  I know that our church plus several others in town have bus service.  Even if yours doesn't have a bus, Linda, maybe there is someone who passes near your home that would be willing to pick you up.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 4:30 PM | Locked

Been a nice day.  Church this morning.  Came home and made pizza for lunch.  Played around and found the rest of the bunnies.  Then DH wanted to go for a walk so we leashed up our hooligans.  Tasha and Vadar (neighbors young Lab) decided they would join us. 

Tomorrow I get to go to town and sit around waiting to see if I get picked for a jury.  I know there is a murder trial on the docket as the public defender is a customer at the shop.  I sure hope they don't pick me for that!  I am on the schedule at the shop but my name is followed by "if available".

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,589
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 4:34 PM | Locked

Linda:
I'd love to go to church again, but my neighbors go to the 8:00 service. I can manage to get myself ready for the 10:30 service, but there is no one in this area that goes to that service anymore. I can't afford a taxi and the paratransit is not realiable for time. I'm not even sure they run on Sunday anyway.

Linda, I hope that you can find someone to give you a ride to church. As the others have said, I'm sure there is someone at your church who would be willing to come and pick you up.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,589
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 4:36 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
Tomorrow I get to go to town and sit around waiting to see if I get picked for a jury.  I know there is a murder trial on the docket as the public defender is a customer at the shop.  I sure hope they don't pick me for that!  I am on the schedule at the shop but my name is followed by "if available".

Oh what fun Marge, I've only had to actually go and wait once and then the two parties made a deal and we all got sent home. I would not like to get picked for a murder trial either, or a child abuse or a water rights (boring !!!)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,589
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 4:38 PM | Locked

Just got back from church and I'm going to try and get some work done on the bindings I have waiting for me...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 4:46 PM | Locked

Spud - this is the third time since moving to Spalding County that I have been in the jury pool.  I haven't been picked yet so  maybe my luck will hold.  A few more years and i will be exempt due to my "maturity".

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,589
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 4:49 PM | Locked

Marge, I just got a notice a couple of months ago and my oncologist wrote a letter, so they let me out of it. I'm not sure how mature you have to be here before they quit sending notices LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,391
Points 115,420
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 4:56 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

Spud - this is the third time since moving to Spalding County that I have been in the jury pool.  I haven't been picked yet so  maybe my luck will hold.  A few more years and i will be exempt due to my "maturity".

Really? There's an age limit? Have I reached it yet? I was called once but, during questioning they asked me if I'd ever had to deal with the state to collect for an injury on the job. I said "Yes". I was asked if I was angry with my employer for my injury. I said "Nope, it was my own dumb fault".  I was immediately excused.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Page 113 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 111 112 113 114 115 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use