Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 112 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 110 111 112 113 114 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 9:00 PM | Locked

Well, our trip is winding down.    The jersey boys was wonderful, and everyone else enjoyed it, too.  Princess cousin sat on her hands and frowned most of the first half, but finally franke valli's story and songs got the better of her and she enjoyed herself.   I and my aunt, will be so happy to be done with the snide comments, pursed lips, and sneers.  We are so done with her.    

We had a lovely lunch at a Russian tea house and then had a long walk up to the empire state building to look at everywhere we had been.   We purposely waited until dark, so we could see the city all lit up.  Auntie twisted my arm, and for an extra fee, we got express tickets, so no waiting in lines for us.   An evening stroll though times square and back home.   Our flight leaves late tomorrow, so we have a few more hours to enjoy the city before we head home.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,427
Points 243,407
Thea replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 9:04 PM | Locked

Gini, I am so happy that you enjoyed yourself.  I remember my one and only trip to NYC and absolutely loved it - long time ago now but memories are the greatest... soon you will be home with your sweetie!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 10:06 PM | Locked

Debbie  she is beautiful ,I'm sure she will love you to .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 10:10 PM | Locked

Jody your room is looking good .wish I had the space ..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,756
Points 66,925
Bonita replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 10:34 PM | Locked

Jody, what a big and light place to work. Enjoy it.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,575
Points 47,490
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 10:51 PM | Locked

Thanks y'all! :o)  I've decided to name her Julie and here's why... my Horizon 7700 is named Julia after Julia Child because she was so classy and so good at what she did.  In the movie Julie and Julia... Julie is a younger less experienced chef but works hard to be as good as or at least come close to Julia.  So now I have the sewing world's version of Julie and Julia!   Is that lame?  :)

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 6:38 AM | Locked

JodyS, awesome sewing space

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 6:41 AM | Locked

Debbie ,I lke it  good names . barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 7:05 AM | Locked

Debbie, Great name and great reason for it. I loved that movie, have seen it at least 3 times. One of my very faves.

I felt so good, yesterday. I was just worry-free, happy, energized and at peace with myself. Haven't felt this great in, oh, I can't remember when. I guess my body was just so lacking in B12 and iron.  That is all I can figure anyway. And, that I made a pack not to think of any other day then the one I am in at the moment. Thus, I don't get all  crazy about what is to come.

Going to Church and so happy to be able to feel great enough to go. Gonna be a great day!

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,360
Points 37,125
Linda replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 8:24 AM | Locked

Sukochi so happy you are feeling better! And going to Church too.

I'd love to go to church again, but my neighbors go to the 8:00 service. I can manage to get myself ready for the 10:30 service, but there is no one in this area that goes to that service anymore. I can't afford a taxi and the paratransit is not realiable for time. I'm not even sure they run on Sunday anyway.

I woke up this morning thinking it was Monday. I was putting my bank deposit together and was going to take Indy for a walk. I don't think the bank is open today. I think I"ll go back to bed and wake up tomorrow.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 8:43 AM | Locked

JodyS:

Finally! Finished the sewing/quilting area as much as it's going to get done at  this point! At least I'll be able to sew tomorrow. Sheesh, 2 days of putting things together, moving stuff and vacuuming up 40 bazillion cat hairs! lol Got some pictures and will put them up on my blog tomorrow. I am SO TIRED and in pain...grumble, grumble, grumble, mutiny, mutiny, mutiny. I'm going to take a shower ( cuz even the dogs are looking at me strangely. lol) and lay down on my marshmallow bed ( That's what Hubs calls it, it's a tempur-Pedic for my back), take my meds and read and drift away.

Here's the only picture I've processed so far: This is looking down from the basement stairs landing and it's just the front portion of the area. I'll do the rest tomorrow.

This is beautiful Jody... you will have so much fun in your new room

WTG.

xoxoxo

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,540
Points 51,225
Ginny replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 9:09 AM | Locked

Oh Linda, I wish you lived near me.  Our only church serviice starts at 11 a.m. It is later than I would like and sometimes makes it difficult for me to not get involved in something else and let tjhe time slip by.  Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,665
JodyS replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 9:18 AM | Locked

Thank you everyone that commented about my sewing/quilting room. Today I'm sorting through fabric. All those boxes you see underneath are fabric plus there are more you don't see and there's more inside a dresser I took over and there's more inside a cabinet at the back of that room! I do not know why I always bought fabric when I wasn't really sewing anything. lol

And today , once again, I'm dealing with my satellite broadband acting up. Gr-r-r-r.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 9:52 AM | Locked

Jody, what a great sewing room.  I like how you can look out the window while you sew.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 10:30 AM | Locked

Linda:

I'd love to go to church again, but my neighbors go to the 8:00 service. I can manage to get myself ready for the 10:30 service, but there is no one in this area that goes to that service anymore. I can't afford a taxi and the paratransit is not realiable for time. I'm not even sure they run on Sunday anyway.

Why don't you give your church a call and explain your delema? They might be able to provide a solution.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Page 112 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 110 111 112 113 114 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use