Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 111 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 109 110 111 112 113 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 4:30 PM | Locked

Well today was just going to be a kick back and relax kind of day, but then my 13-year old grandson decided he wanted to spend the night.  Must not be any food that he likes in Mom's pantry so he has got to come and raid mine.  I don't know how anyone can afford to feed teenage boys.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 4:35 PM | Locked

CC could your DH cut out that section of the counter and set a slab of marble there? That would be great for rolling dough. And, right classy to boot.

Church tomorrow. Have to get  shirts ironed. Sure am glad we just wear jeans to church. I would hate to have to put on full glam. Getting to where I run around town with no makeup on. Shoot, I figure if they don't like the way I look, they can just look somewhere else

Actually did some piecing this afternoon. Jim came to the door and asked who the new quilter was. Smart a++! And here he was such a sweetheart earlier.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 4:47 PM | Locked

I got my birdhouse wall hanging almost done. I satin stitched around the whole thing and traced the star path on so I can do the embroidery. I still have to put the stars on, should have done that before I put it all back together, so I may just not stitch them down, after all it is a wall hanging.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,665
JodyS replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 5:02 PM | Locked

Finally! Finished the sewing/quilting area as much as it's going to get done at  this point! At least I'll be able to sew tomorrow. Sheesh, 2 days of putting things together, moving stuff and vacuuming up 40 bazillion cat hairs! lol Got some pictures and will put them up on my blog tomorrow. I am SO TIRED and in pain...grumble, grumble, grumble, mutiny, mutiny, mutiny. I'm going to take a shower ( cuz even the dogs are looking at me strangely. lol) and lay down on my marshmallow bed ( That's what Hubs calls it, it's a tempur-Pedic for my back), take my meds and read and drift away.

Here's the only picture I've processed so far: This is looking down from the basement stairs landing and it's just the front portion of the area. I'll do the rest tomorrow.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,705
Points 38,170
ls2116 replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 5:48 PM | Locked

Iknow what you mean my son still living at home, and he is unemployed in thirties but i guess i shouldn't complaign too much he does help with cooking.  Went to FIL's today.  Kind of blah rainy day here.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 5:59 PM | Locked

Debbie, your new baby is so pretty

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 6:01 PM | Locked

Unfortunately, I didn't make it to Keepsake Quilting today.  At 3pm, we were still about 120 miles south of there and with not knowing the roads decided it was very doubtful we would make it before their 5pm closing time.  So, went to another quilt shop closer to where we were that was recommended by two other quilters I ran into.  I found the fabric I was searching for and a few other interesting fabrics.   They really had a great selection and do sell on-line.  (Again, I will post pictures when I get home.)

We are flying out of Bradley Intl Airport (near Hartford, CT) early tomorrow morning and transfering in Cinncinnati for the balance of the flight to Seattle.  We are in a hotel here in Hartford near the airport and just saw on the Weather Channel that there are tornado warnings in the mid-west.  I hope everyone is doing OK!!!  I also saw that the storm warnings include Cinncinnati by tomorrow morning, but so far our flights are still scheduled as on-time.  I am not crazy about bumpy flights (let alone tornados!), so hope the storm doesn't make it to Ohio!!!

I am really ready to get home - it's been a great trip, but a very long week.  Plus, I need to get working on this fabric...ROFLOL!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,548
Points 46,935
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 6:41 PM | Locked

JodyS:

Jody, that's a great sewing space!  I hear you about the cat hair!  I have a bagless vacuum and every time I use it it looks like I've sucked up a whole cat!!  So sorry you have to suffer for your hard work :(

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 6:55 PM | Locked

Jody, your space turned out rally nice and you have so much room - lucky girl!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,388
Points 46,845
Angele replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 8:04 PM | Locked

Sukochi, you know that even if I don't get to read every day, I  am keeping you in my prayers, as well as Nan and Thea.  And of course everyone else who asks. Bi was at church tonight, thinking of you and asking God to help each one regain health and strength .  If we add all the prayers together, that's pretty powerful.  Please keep us posted.  

Today was very nice in the mid 50s.  I got all my windows washed outside and in.  I also managed  to wash my curtains and finish a knitted scarf for a friend. Then church and supper with another friend.  Great time and very productive.  It's been quite a while since I've felt this energy.  It does feel good inside and out.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 8:19 PM | Locked

Thanks for the prayers. Things are much improved around here. Cindy is home and doing good post-op. weather was nice and 73 today but i am still feeling cold. All stomach woes are gone. DS built corral for trash cans to keep wildlife out.

infections seem to be almost gone, definitely on the mend. Now if I could get some get up and go! I am reading my quilt magazines and making plans but not getting past that..at least I am thinking about it!,

hope all are on the mend and doing well, stay warm. Leaves are beautiful here this year as we had plenty of rain this summer.

i do have a question? Where do I go to see your photos, if posted here I get them but many are not her and I have not found in gallery...what am I missing?

maddie did the bunny hop this month as part of her reading work, with minimal help she was ble to find them all!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 789
Points 20,020
Carol replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 8:29 PM | Locked

barbjahay:
I have a Bernina 153 Quilters Ed

barbjahay, I have one of t hese too, mine is signed by Alex Anderson edition, I like it very well, too.  But my very favorite machine is the original Bernina 830 that was my first Bernina in 1984 when I retired and really started quilting and sewing every day all day~continues to this day, too!  I love old Singer machines, too, have several, including Featherweights.  Then we have the older machines out in the Quilting Cabin where the group meets and sews, more fun!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,388
Points 46,845
Angele replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 8:31 PM | Locked

Karla, I'm hoping for rain here.  The lakes are so low that some rocks are popping up causing problems for boaters.  I also know that for people who have private wells like us, we need moisture in the ground.  A neighbor said he had to dig almost three feet before there was moisture in the ground.  So send any bit of rain you can spare.

JodyS I am jealous...your quilting area is big...and CLEAN!!!  Wow I don't know the last time mine was that spotless.  Have fun sewing and creating!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,327
Points 241,652
Thea replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 8:33 PM | Locked

nantenn:
i do have a question? Where do I go to see your photos, if posted here I get them but many are not her and I have not found in gallery...what am I missing?

Nan - first glad to hear everyone is on the mend - that is the most important.  

My pictures are posted in my blog - I know Kris posts a lot there too.  I have been posting quilt pictures from the AQS quilt show there - have 3 pages so far done - I am still not a 1/9 of the way through all the pictures.  I took a picture of every quilt that they would let me so that I could enjoy them at my leisure.  900+...

So go to members blogs and see if those are the pictures you are missing.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,388
Points 46,845
Angele replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 8:52 PM | Locked

I just saw page 3.  Wow there are amazing quilters.  Many are right here and willing to give advice when asked.  Thank you for taking the time to post all those puctures.

Angèle  from NWO

Page 111 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 109 110 111 112 113 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use