Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 110 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 108 109 110 111 112 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,798
Points 67,525
Bonita replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 11:38 AM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

It was kind of cool but it kinda creeped me out. The fingers looked like spider legs, I hate spiders. LOL

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 109
Points 1,005
barbjahay replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 11:48 AM | Locked

I am a new member so my chatter may be a little different, I used the Invisagrip on rulers but after awhile it started peeling off. The new green colored rulers have a special grip coating already and work alot better. I worked at a quilt shop for several years and taught classes. We had fun trying out new products some work well and some are just made to sell. I have a Bernina 153 Quilters Ed. and would not give it up. But we have a dealer for Janome in town. I like to keep my business local if possible.  I have a Jamone 1600 QC for my quilting machine and  purchased  Jamone 7318 model's for my daughter and my mother-in-law. Her machine was so old you could not buy parts of it anymore. She makes string blocks for charity quilts and this model is simple enough for her to use. Besides they were at a fantastic price and I can get them services locally.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,525
Points 177,388
Marie replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 12:37 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
I got a short walk in this a.m. and Jim said when he put his arms around me afar a morning hug that I FEEL SMALLER!!!!  Yee Haw.

Sukochi, hubbies are so sweet sometime.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,525
Points 177,388
Marie replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 12:39 PM | Locked

chocake2:
Sprout is so full of happy this morning that he's just overflowing with giggles and grins. Between the baby and the canine, it's chaos! LOL

Sounds like very happy chaos, CC.  Wish I were there.  :  (

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,525
Points 177,388
Marie replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 12:40 PM | Locked

Debbie, love your new baby, have fun with it.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,525
Points 177,388
Marie replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 12:46 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

WOW, Marge, this was way cool!  Thanks for sharing.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,525
Points 177,388
Marie replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 12:47 PM | Locked

Barb, we love chatter of any kind, you'll fit in real well with this group!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 1:14 PM | Locked

Chatter away, Barb. We all do. :)

DD came in and announced that her Halloween quilt (made 4-5 years ago) needed more embellishing and asked me to make her spider beads. I found a cool tutorial for baby bats, too, so hopefully I'll get some time on the torch before the weather goes icky again...

DS1 decided to cook himself and egg this AM. I didn't give it a thought since he does it all the time. THIS time, however, he put my good little cast iron skillet on to heat and went to the bathroom while it warmed up (???). He put it on high heat (???). When he got back to it, it was glowing red (!!!!). He tried to cook his egg anyway (???)... Naturally that didn't work too well. He pulled the pan off the burner and set it on my counter(!!??). Then he dumped cold water into it (!!??)  So..the counter is scorched  the pan is warped and the house reaks of burned egg.  I have no idea what he was thinking. Actually, he says he wasn't, and I am inclined to believe him...  Does anybody have any suggestions on how to salvage the counter? he put it right square in the middle of the biggest work area I have...er, had.  Replacing it is not in the budget.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 1:28 PM | Locked

CC, get yourself a nice cutting board you like and keep it over the burned spot. 

At least he didn't put butter in the pan before he left.  I did that once and came back to a fire.  I put a lid on it and put the pan on the floor.  Burned the floor.  In a place where there was no hiding it.  And I was in my 30s.  I couldn't use age as an excuse.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 1:34 PM | Locked

Marie:

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
I got a short walk in this a.m. and Jim said when he put his arms around me afar a morning hug that I FEEL SMALLER!!!!  Yee Haw.

Sukochi, hubbies are so sweet sometime.

Marie, without a doubt, they do have their moments. I think I will make us some popcorn and snuggle on the sofa. Later, laides.......

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,525
Points 177,388
Marie replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 2:19 PM | Locked

CC, I see "happy" was not long lived in your house today.  My suggestion is one of those flat silicon cutting mats that matches your counter, not the burned part.  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 2:22 PM | Locked

Patti:

CC, get yourself a nice cutting board you like and keep it over the burned spot. 

At least he didn't put butter in the pan before he left.  I did that once and came back to a fire.  I put a lid on it and put the pan on the floor.  Burned the floor.  In a place where there was no hiding it.  And I was in my 30s.  I couldn't use age as an excuse.

I was in my early 20's when I did it. :D   Admit it, we've all done something simular.   I guess himself just wanted to get it out of the way early. ;-)

And no...  I did not punish him,  altho he is terribly upset and has "grounded himself from cooking for a whole month."  Right now he's busily scrubbing the dickens out of the stove top and drip pans for me - another of his self inflicted compensations, I guess.  I ain't gonna interfere. That's a chore I loath, so if he wants to do it, more power to him! :)

I set out a bowl of vinegar to conquer the Ode du Egg. The house smells like pickles, but it's still an improvement.

I put the cast-iron pan in the oven and ran it through a self cleaning cycle (needed to do that anyway) and hopefully I'll be able to salvage it. The warp wasn't as bad as the one on the pan I ruined all those years ago. At least he didn't crack it! That could have resulted in serious injury! And we've had a basic metalergy class so now he understands why putting cold water in a hot pan is a bad idea.

I wish I could put a cutting board over the scorch on the counter but it's dead center and slightly toward the front of the counter top...right in that prime work space for  setting mixing bowls, rolling dough, etc. My kitchen is only 8" wide and 10 feet deep so that section of  the counter is prime real estate! Thankfully there are only two blistered spots, each about the size of a 50 cent peice,  and the rest is just discolored.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 2:24 PM | Locked

Marie:

CC, I see "happy" was not long lived in your house today.  :  )

Not True, Marie, Happy lasts despite the inconviences.
Marie:
My suggestion is one of those flat silicon cutting mats that matches your counter,

Now there's a thought...  Thank you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 4:21 PM | Locked

Barb

I have a Bernina and a Janome as well.  Love them both.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 4:25 PM | Locked

CC

Never a dull moment....LOL>   Glad son didn't get burned with that red hot cast .   Nothing like cast iron for holding heat.  Hope you salvage your pan.  I would hate to loose one of mine.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Page 110 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 108 109 110 111 112 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use