Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 109 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 107 108 109 110 111 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,542
Points 51,250
Ginny replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 8:22 AM | Locked

That's it, Agnes  Thanks so much.  I had that saved on my old computer,but not on the new one.  I'm going to send for new ones so I don't run out so often, as I could only find three to return at this time.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,542
Points 51,250
Ginny replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 8:29 AM | Locked

No, Nana he didn't use any of those drugs.  He also uses kenalog. He has never ordered any meds from that company.  I know how scary this problem is with the fungal meningitis problem though, there are at least 3 facilities in southeast Michigan that used that.  So far 3 deaths and  many folks hospitalized due to the effects right now.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,542
Points 51,250
Ginny replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 8:34 AM | Locked

I suppose that is possible.  I know that my daughter's SO grew medical marijuana for his pain control.  He was up and about and functioning as a normal person until the end.  He used only that until the very end when they had to give him liquid morphine for the last week of his life.  So I don't knock the use of that at all for medical purposes.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,449
Points 176,348
Marie replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 9:18 AM | Locked

Sukochi, praying extra hard that all turns out well for you.  God Bless.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 9:33 AM | Locked

Thanks, Marie and all of you for the prayers.

I am focusing on my sisters visit to us on Weds next. She and her DH are fulltime RV'er so they only get back this way twice a year. Their home based is Tullahoma, TN. She make a brief visit to me Fall and String. So she will be gone again Sat. week. Lots to get done

I am just going to take this whole thing one day at a time. If I worry about all that will happen nest week, it will ruin each day until it gets here. So, thinking of Sat. and no farther.  Jim said "We don't know what will happen in the next 15 mins. Live life for today."  So, I am trying to go with that.

I got a short walk in this a.m. and Jim said when he put his arms around me afar a morning hug that I FEEL SMALLER!!!!  Yee Haw.

Have a quilty day.  (((HUGS)))

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,447
Points 243,717
Thea replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 9:51 AM | Locked

Sukochi - don't worry about anything but the near future - just drives us crazy to think beyond that - at least it does me - I am happy if you are happy that you are smaller - we will love you no matter what you are.  I am shrinking but not sure why... DH says it is because I don't eat - but I think when looking back that I eat all day long - just not a lot at meal time... oh well... I don't get the exercise I got when I was younger so I don't need all those calories - do I?  

I am up - no pain pills yet but I should take them - just putting it off - hate actually taking them and depending on them to exist day after day - why can't they just fix me and get it over with.  No one should wake and first thing feel pain - 12 years now - it is getting old and wears me down from time to time - I am lifted up right now though - with lots of smiles - I have a new project to do - a stack and whack quilt - now next week when I am no where near the end and complaining about why I ever started this project remind me that I wanted to do it...teehee...

And I have a new bundle of fabric on the way to me - oh so sweet - could not - just could not pass up that sale - batiks for $8 - how do you pass that up - Kaufman, Hoffman, Michael Miller - nope not me - my CC was hot from retreat and was cooling down had to heat it up again...teehee... if I die tomorrow who is going to get my stash...teehee... they would love it... I do...teehee..

Well, those pills are waiting and I am ready to get up and do something so off I go for a day of adventure in my little house using my little sewing machine...teehee... 

Oh before I go - those Nascar fans did you hear about Jr - out for 2 races- I am so proud of him though putting health and well being in front of racing... 

And lets see - Football - are my Bills ever going to win again or become that team that is feared... can't figure them out!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 10:01 AM | Locked

No Nana, I doubt it was live plants. I think they have to have special permits to grow it... but then I thought they were limited to the quantities they could have on hand,too.  Oh well...not my business.

Jenni came in full of "boing"  this morning. 80 lbs of bouncing dog springing around the livingroom is not a sight for the weak! The kids have decided that she reminds them of "Toothless" in How to Train your Dragon.

Sprout is so full of happy this morning that he's just overflowing with giggles and grins. Between the baby and the canine, it's chaos! LOL

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,578
Points 47,535
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 10:25 AM | Locked

Just ordered a gift for my SS and now it's time to get to know the newest member of my family, yet to be named.  She'll be my backup and travel machine.  Hope I made a good choice!  It's a DC2012.

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,542
Points 51,250
Ginny replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 10:33 AM | Locked

Conrats Debbie-do on your new addition.  I have the Janome 2010 for a back-up/travel  machine.  More travel than backup.  My old pfaff is my go to machine for  back up.  I still love her.   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 10:36 AM | Locked

OOOOO Debbie - I like your new toy!!!!!  I wish I would have spent a little more and got something more versatile than my Babylock BL9. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,760
Points 66,990
Bonita replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 10:44 AM | Locked

Debbie have fun with your new baby.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 10:47 AM | Locked

Ugh!  I really need to crank up the computer more than I have been doing lately.  Had almost 200 e-mails in my inbox over there.  Had to go back i don't know how many pages here to see what has been going on.  I have been worn out when I get home from work this week.  Thank goodness for Dave taking the doggies for a walk on those days.  I hate it when they give me those big sad eyes when I take them supper and tell them "Sorry - no walk tonight".  Friday I spent the day at the "other" quilt shop sewing for the HS.  There were only 4 of us again but we did get a lot accomplished.  I pieced a top for Jeanne that she hopes to get finished to take to the quilt show.  The show has given the shops that do the Atlanta Shop Hop a booth to promote next year's shop hop.  They want to display charity quilts.  I think Scarlet Thread is taking Quilts of Valor.  The top I put together for Jeanne is far from perfect.  I started with 12 blocks someone else made and they weren't squared up nor perfect.  I just added sashing with cornerstones and borders. 

On my way home, I swung by Scarlet Thread to see the gals at retreat.  Since I went to the first 3 retreats, I know a lot of the regulars.  I also picked up some patterns that I have had my eye on.  Oh, Thea - you would like the one that I got over at Quilts N Fixins.  It is called Buster Does Halloween.  I had already bought Buster Does Christmas.  Buster is a black cat. 

Celeste and Jaimie got back from visiting the other Grandma.  Celeste was shocked on Thurs. when they were shopping.  Apparently someone hacked her debit card and cleaned out her checking account plus overdrew it by $400!  Fortunately the bank backed her and all the money has been replaced into her account.  They gave her a new pin number but she says she is going to get a whole new card next week.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,137
Points 14,725
Dawn replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 11:03 AM | Locked

I bought some InvisiGrip by Omnigrid, hoping it helps me w/my cutting.   I did some cutting and it seems to be pretty good.  I didn't feel like the rulers moved!  Will have to keep testing it out.  I did get one border on Nolan's quilt, but my arm isn't happy right now, so time for the ice pack and figuring out what I want for lunch.  DH is at work, for how long, who knows. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 11:21 AM | Locked

Debbie, Congrats on the new baby. Sweet!!

Thea, I was shocked when I heard Jr.'s interview. But, you know Dale Sr. had lots of concousions and look what that final hard hit did for him. Jr. is so smart to listen to his Dr.' s, and stay out of the car. I would so hate to see him go the way of his Daddy.  But, he was just doing so faitastic this season. It make me sad that he has to back out. Better safe then sorry, though. That was such a scary wreck 25 cars. WOW!. I am surprised that Smoke did not get hurt.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 11:26 AM | Locked

This is really cool......

http://www.youtube.com/embed/XlyCLbt3Thk?rel=0>

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 50
Page 109 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 107 108 109 110 111 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use