Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 108 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 106 107 108 109 110 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 4:27 PM | Locked

Oh Sukochi, I hear you loud and clear about all the medical things swirling around in your life right now.  I know it can be very disconcerting- if not down right scary, but you have the Lord on your side.  He certainly does love you and I am praying that he helps you keep everything perspective and please don't worry too much, Just ask the Lord to guide the doctors in the best way to help you in all of this.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 5:56 PM | Locked

OOPS!"  The reserve fed-ex driver was just here. Jenni was going bonkers barking at her so I was consintrating  more on restraining the dog than anything else. DD has been expecting a package and the box she held was about the right size, so I assumed that was what was being delivered. The driver confirmed our address (Correct) and had me sign her  scanner doo-hicky thingamabob. Not easy to do while keeping the dog from climbing the gate... It was only after she handed me the box did I realise that it was emblazened with  the shippers logo : interesting  leaves overlayed with  the word "HERB"   HUH?????? I checked the address a little closer and learned It was for the next door neighbor.  Methinks she must have a medical merijuana card and I just took delivery of about 3 pounds of wacky tabaccy! I think somebody musta been smoking their product when the made ut the address on the order....

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 6:07 PM | Locked

Ok, CC, don't keep us in suspense. What did you DO with this package. Did you tell your daughter she got a suspicious package and you would show said package to her before she can touch it. That you would really need a good expanation to get you to give it to her. Just rattle that girls chain for a few mins. Can I come?. This sounds like lots of fun. We could call it  "Scare the makeup off the teenager's face"

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 6:25 PM | Locked

Sukochi sending good thoughts your way and praying, praying, praying that everything will be fine.

CC..that is so funny.  I just live to read your posts, they are always so entertaining.  Always something going on in your life, LOL.

Thea, I hope your hands are better by now.  Our weather is turning cooler and I can always tell because that is when my right knee and hip start giving me problems.  Sometimes the hip is so bad that I  have a hard time climbing in and out of the truck.

As for what I've been up to today...finished the laundry that didn't get finished yesterday, took the boys to their all-day TaeKwonDo camp, put a pot roast in the oven, filled gas in the car and got it washed, went grocery shopping and all before 10:00 am.  The rest of my day has been spent in front of this computer or the sewing machine.  I sew for awhile and when the shoulders and neck start hurting, I move to the computer.  So it's just back and forth, back and forth.  Have to go pick the boys up in another hour or so.  I think they are going to their Dad's over in Sacramento this weekend.  It's not his weekend, but he hasn't taken them since Christmas break.  He's a deadbeat Dad, but he is their father and they love him.  Glad I don't have to see him anymore, though.

Well, back to sewing for a while.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 7:06 PM | Locked

oooOO! You are so evil, Sukochi! I can just see th total panic on DD's face if I asked her to explain a package like that!! LOL  But, alas, I didn't think of it. I just hurried and called the neighbor and explained that her package had been delivered to me by mistake. I swear, she was here to get it before I got the phone hung up!!  What I can't figure out is why it weighed so much if my assumption was correct about what it contained. Gosh that box musta been 2.5-3 lbs!! My experienceis pretty limited but I always thought they sold it by the oz....

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 7:46 PM | Locked

What am I up to today?   Well, just too much.  Went to my quilt group this morning.-- after I had a dissagreemwnt with my Dr office about why they didn't call my prescription in 3 days ago as asked .  I as out of my blood pressure meds this morning.  This afternoon I called my arthritis Dr and got a late afternoon appt. as I could no longer sleep due to shoulder pain.  So saw him and he injected my shoulder and both thumbs.  Now maybe I can get some more quilt sewing done.  Picked 6 Siberian tomatoes off of my only surviving tomato plant.  That thing was a monster plant.  It went up and over the six foot trellis and around it and under the bay window.  The tomatoes are still green, but they will ripen on the counter.  Suppossedly they are supposed to survive very cold weather.  They are just as green but my other tomatoes have been affected heavily by the frosts that we have had.  I just wonder how cold it has to get to affect this Russian tomato plant.

I had started  a simple row quilt 5x9 piecs separated by a 2 inch strip.  Well, wouldn't you know I did a real stupid thing.  I had been eyeballing my 1/4 " seams and the part way thru, I switched to my 1/4 " foot instead.  Shouldn't have done that.  My eyeballing wasn't accurate.  Now I have to tear out 2 1/2 rows and resew every block.  Grrr, how stupid.  Like changing horses in the middle of the stream.  Just doesn't work.    Heigh ho, heigh ho its off to work I go now.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 8:36 PM | Locked

Hi everyone, I am at a small inn in western Connecticut tonight...and the fall leaves are beautiful!  There was some wind last night and rain this morning, so some leaves had fallen, but it still was a nice show on the hillsides.  This Inn is gorgeous...designed by Mizzner(?) who designed the Palm Beach, FL pink palaces.  Beautiful building and grounds.  It has real re-production Morris wallpaper throughout and one of the huge cast-concrete fireplaces that Mizzner is famous for.

I found one quilt store in our ramblings today and they had the perfect fabric for the beach sand that I have been looking for to go with the log-cabin fish blocks I did at the Leavenworth Retreat.  Only problem was that they only had one fat-quarter left and I don't know who the designer or manufacturer is (the FQ I got did not have the selvage section with that info).  The DH was manning the store while I was there, so I am going to call back tomorrow morning and hope to get the owner so she can give me the info.  Two other quilters were in the shop and told me of another shop where they "think" they saw more of that fabric....about another hour and half north of where we were.  I am still hoping to get as far north as Keepsake Quilting, but DH will have the final word on that as we need to be back near Bradley Intl Airport (by Hartford, CT) by tomorrow night. Our flight leaves for Seattle at 6:10am Sunday morning.

I'll post pictures when we get back home...

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 9:03 PM | Locked

Okay, I am back.. Does anyone have the name and address of the company that resharpens the rotary blades?  I am out of Olfa's and I tried using those rug cutting blades from that tool store.   Sorry, I don't remember the name of it now.  Guess that I don't want to those blades are no good.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 10:42 PM | Locked

CC

Maybe the plants are still in the pots and she is going to start growing her own....hmmmmm

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 10:49 PM | Locked

Ginny

Sure hope your dr doesn't get his steriods from the company with contaminated meds.   There has been 184 reported cases of fungal meningitis and one case of joint issues from the injections in the state of Virginia.  We have had 44 deaths.  I was really a little disconcerted to learn that the place that did my MRI used those drugs and had several cases of meningitis reported from their injections.   Thankfully my surgeon has an interventionalist in his practice and they only use kenalog and none of the compound drugs.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 11:06 PM | Locked

Donna B:
the perfect fabric for the beach sand

Donna, I have half a yard of some beach fabric that has sand, rocks, a few shells and starfish and beach grass.  You are welcome to have it.  I picked it up a long time ago, but have no plans for it.  Is the fabric you have just sand or does it have anything on the sand?

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,261
Points 28,525
Agnes replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 11:48 PM | Locked

Ginny:

Okay, I am back.. Does anyone have the name and address of the company that resharpens the rotary blades?  I am out of Olfa's and I tried using those rug cutting blades from that tool store.   Sorry, I don't remember the name of it now.  Guess that I don't want to those blades are no good.    Ginny

?

Is it http://www.lpsharp.com/3.html that you are looking for?

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 6:52 AM | Locked

Today My Quilting Guild is haveing our quilt show ,so I'll be gone till later afternoon. we REally have it set up great and I hope we have a good turnout. We are expecting storms today so I hope this doesn't keep floks home . I have pictures I'll post later .. Have a great day all .barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,119
Points 14,425
Dawn replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 6:53 AM | Locked

I hope to get the borders on Nolan's quilt today, then figure out the quilting that I want to do.  DD may be coming out and we will hit a new cupcake store and then try a new cheese store!  We love our cheese!  Ordered some patterns from KQ and can't wait to get those. 

Pretty tired lately, DH has been working 11 hour days.  I get up w/him and see him off, I just like to do that . . . He works so hard.  Praying his hours aren't this nuts for too much longer.  Poor guy.  He wants to work on the house yet, and then DDIL's dad is in hospice, so they have asked DH to make his urn.  Kinda hard thing to make.  DH has our double vanity to make, our new closet and some nightstands.  Plus he needs to figure out how to do our new snail shower, which is actually round like a snail shell. 

I am so tired, but I know he is more tired.  Made him pizza last night, he LOVES my pizza!  I think if I wanted to open a pizza place he would help me.  :-)  Well, better get my breakfast and finish laundry so I can feel better about quilting!  LOL! 

Praying for all those who are sick or dealing w/health issues.  May the Lord hold you and give you peace and the doctors wisdom.

Have a great weekend!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,358
Points 414,944
gini replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 8:08 AM | Locked

Auntie and I saw Annie last night.   There is a huge difference between broadway and Spokane productions. WOW.   We had a wonderful day together while the princess cousin and my other aunt were off on their own.     To day we see jersey boys, go to the top of the empire state building after dark and tomorrow, we are headed home to rain and snow, which we sorely need.      The weather here has been perfect.  Not too hot, not too cold,  not too wet, just right.   After two weeks gone, I will be so glad to spend some time at home.   And, my sweetie arrives home tonight, so he will be waiting for me.

gini in north idaho

Page 108 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 106 107 108 109 110 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use