Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 107 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 105 106 107 108 109 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 7:27 PM | Locked

Sukochi, I'm glad you are getting treatments for your iron deficiency. I hope they work well, And pray that they soon find the cause of the problem.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,697
Points 248,562
Thea replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 8:09 AM | Locked

chocake2:

Sukochi, I'm glad you are getting treatments for your iron deficiency. I hope they work well, And pray that they soon find the cause of the problem.

I totally agree with what CC said - we hope, pray and beseech the Lord to help find an answer to your health problems and to give you answers and relief.

I was up very early this morning - the power went off and on and off and on and off and on - was very disconcerting - we had a rain storm here - nothing big in any way just a normal storm - no high winds but boy did it take out the power here in little ole Enid.  The house was black and so so dark - I stumbled around - fell over the dogs who just couldn't seem to get out from under my feet and I couldn't see them at all - but found the candle lighter - DH had moved it - argh!  Got some candles lit so Mom wasn't upset and we could see a little bit in the house... Know what I used to get around before I got the candles lit...lol... my Kindle... I could see pretty good with that light.  Cracked me up - the house got some scent this morning though - different scents in each room... 

Then the power came back on...and there was light!  

So the house smells different in each room and that was kind of nice for the senses and DH is up and out the door and a cool wet breeze is blowing outside!

Ready for some quilting!  Maybe some breakfast first!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 9:50 AM | Locked

Yippee!  We had some rain last night, not much mind you, but any rain is welcome here.  It's also going to keep me from applying Thomsen's water seal on the back patio so it can be a quilt day.  Gotta' take the 2 grandsons to an all day TaeKwonDo  camp in a few minutes and fill the truck with gas (that'll cost a mint since gas is now over $4 a gallon here in Nevada).a

nd then the day should be mine...of course, unless DH comes up with another project like canning the apples that are still sitting in a box in the middle of my kitchen.

@Sukochi...glad you're getting iron treatments.  My DH had them last year and he is feeling much better now.

@Thea...hands and knees, no way.  

Gotta' run and get the boys picked up...be back later.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,697
Points 248,562
Thea replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 9:58 AM | Locked

Karla:
@Thea...hands and knees, no way.  
 Karla, the knees are okay today - the hands hate me - but when don't they - I have to bundle them up in the warm blanket and just not do anything for them to not hurt... the ankles are chiming in this morning too so going to have to find some socks for them... that little bit of security on them helps a lot.

Have fun today - are all the states getting rain today - we got some here too!  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,665
JodyS replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 10:08 AM | Locked

Woke up to some snow this morning! Sheesh! Today will be putting together sewing table and working on quilting/sewing area. Best to stay inside today!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 11:34 AM | Locked

Jody, that looks so cold, pretty but cold :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,665
JodyS replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 11:41 AM | Locked

Spudgrandma

It was a whopping 19 degrees when I took the picture this morning. Now it's a heat wave of 36! lol It'll all melt off but boy it creates a muddy mess!

JodyS

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 11:45 AM | Locked

Where are you located Jody?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,665
JodyS replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 11:55 AM | Locked

Spudgrandma,

I'm in the Western Upper Peninsula of Michigan  by a National forest. That lake you see is a border lake. The other side of it is Wisconsin. Very pretty, very rural, very quiet and I love it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 11:57 AM | Locked

It is beautiful Jody.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 2:00 PM | Locked

Jody

Beautiful pic but I am no where near ready for that kind of cold.   I probably never will be ready....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,697
Points 248,562
Thea replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 2:13 PM | Locked

JodyS, Very pretty picture and glad you have indoor work to do today!  It is around 70 degrees here today and I am like Nana - not ready yet for winter... nope not by a long shot - you have a very pretty view to look out upon!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,665
JodyS replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 2:23 PM | Locked

Nan and Thea,

Thanks. 70 degrees , eh? Niiice! I lived almost 20 years in SoCal and enjoyed the awesome weather but missed the Midwest area. I grew up in Iowa on the Mississippi and love the change of seasons. Fortunately I'm as comfortable in the cold as in the heat.

So far today we got a king sized mattress switched out...hubs brought my special one from our home in IL & he'll be taking the hated one back there! lol I swear the thing weighs a zillion pounds.

Now we're off to the basement to continue to move stuff around and he's going to put together my new sewing table. I'll be s-o-o-o glad when this is finished this weekend so I can get back to working on my new quilt. The weather being ugly makes it perfect for sewing/quilting.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 4:11 PM | Locked

Oh, Jody, I wish I was You. What a beatiful place to live. I would never get tired of the view. And the snow is OK with me. We lived for 18 years in Northeast Nevada and had tons of snow. Loved it. had a snowmobile and drive all over the place. So much fun.

That you all for your prayers and good thoughts. I got a call from Jennifer's office again today and we have added an extra Iron Insiad thing two days after my surgery. Dr. mims, the surgeon said he had no problem with it but I was going to be extremely uncomfortable and still in a great deal of pain. Oh, well, I have done pain before. And. for this I will be sitting in a recliner for 4 hours so how bad can it be? : {

My calander, for the next two weeks, is down right scary looking. Dr. here, Hospital test there, Dr. there, Infusion here, Surgery there, Insaid here.. Lot of miles going on our car for sure.

We had a scare when they called to say Jennifer has added that third Insaid. We figured something must be terribly wrong. She had talked to my Gastroentrologist after I left there yesterday. So, something he said must have up the ante.  I know whatever it is, God has got this. He is watching over me while I have this cross to bear. He knows that if this is to be a "c", of any kind, that I want to just go home to him with no treatment at all. God loves me so much and He is in me and I am His. If all is well, when this whole ugly chapter in my life is over, I will do as he instructs me, in living as His child.

I don't mean to sound maudlen but, I guess, the smallest thing freaks me out, so a big thing sends me into a tail spin.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,665
JodyS replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 4:20 PM | Locked

Sukochi,

I want you to know I'll be sending you healing thoughts. I wish you a healthy outcome. I have been through so many surgical situations I know what you mean when you say little things freak you out. I think it was bad because I was a nurse! Something about knowing enough to make yourself crazy!

Thanks for the compliments on where I live. We have snowmobiles and if it's too dangerous for my 4 wheel drive I'm on the sled going to town or the post office. That lake out front freezes so well that it becomes a snowmobile trail so I have easy access. This is an amazing place to live and I'm always trying to drag people here! lol

Page 107 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 105 106 107 108 109 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use