Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 106 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 104 105 106 107 108 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,543
Points 51,255
Ginny replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 12:48 PM | Locked

You go girl.  Have fun with that machine and make something great with it.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 243,987
Thea replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 12:55 PM | Locked

Nan - you are definitely in my prayers - all of you!  I hate to hear about sickness...been there doing that - lol

I have been up since about 5:30 - but went to bed last night before 11 so that was a good night sleep for me... looked at my kitchen floor after Jay went to work - just before 8 and decided it needed a scrubbing - so down on my hands and knees and scrubbed the floor - shoulders are telling me about it now - but that is the way it goes - I have to clean it - no one else around to do it... then after scrubbing it - got out the floor steam cleaner and steamed it to get up all that last bits of soap from the scrubbing - now just have to wax it - but will wait till after Mom goes in a couple times for her lunch and snack so that I know she won't walk across the wet waxed floor - oh yes - could tell her I was doing it and then for sure she would go in and tell me she forgot - so better just to wait till the 2nd trip in after lunch...

yep figuring her out...

just before lunch got the little spot steam cleaner and cleaned up the carpet near DH's chair - I so wish he would leave his work shoes in the garage - but nope I can't teach that old dog that new trick...teehee...

after that - loaded Brandon's kindle that I am giving him for his b/d with all our books - he will be able to keep them and just deregister from my name and register in his when he gets it.  

So now - I am resting till I get up and start working on the SS project that I have going... I am wanting to finish it as I got this great fabric for a stack and whack quilt while on my way to retreat and the books arrived yesterday and found an awesome pattern for one... so am itching to get cutting on it...lol...

So that is my day - now to rest...teehee...see the smiles are coming back - thank you for all the prayers - they are working!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,543
Points 51,255
Ginny replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 1:03 PM | Locked

Thea,  you are definitely beginning to sound like your old self.  But boy, I wouldn't get down on my hands and knees to scrub any floor.  My steam cleaner does a great job at that, I just follow along with a large microfiber towel under my feet to dry everything up as I go and my floor shines without waxing.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,543
Points 51,255
Ginny replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 1:08 PM | Locked

Oh my, Nan I guess it's a good thing that the kids didn't get sick and could take care of everyone.  Hope thing improve uickly for all of you.   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 243,987
Thea replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 1:10 PM | Locked

Ginny, I use the mop thingie almost every day but about once a month I need to get into all those corners and my DH walks with his shoes on and those little pieces of cat and dog food that fall on the floor get ground in and drive me nuts - Mom also walks across them with her walker - so about once a month you will find me on my hands and knees getting in the corners and scrubbing close up all those little messes... I wish my steam cleaner would get it clean enough for me - I wish so much that I wasn't so compulsive on how clean it has to be...My DIL would call it my compulsive side...teehee...

But it only gets done about once a month so not too bad - if I was truly a compulsive cleaner it would be done every day - NO WAY...teehee....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 243,987
Thea replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 1:15 PM | Locked

Caryl Anne:

so true max...
and on a PLUS note, I am going to pick up a Janome 11000SE as a loaner since my machine has been in the shop 3 weeks today. good news bad news great opportunity knocks. Mark called to say my tension unit came in and he put the machine together for me last night, BN; the unit doesn't work, GOK; I get a loaner that just came into the shop as a trade up. Yippee!! I see a fun afternoon learning the machine I want but can't afford, & now I get to use.
Don't ya just wish you were here to play with me today?

Oh Caryl Anne, What fun!  To have an upgrade loaner - whew - maybe it will be 3 more weeks before your machine gets fixed... not that we don't want your machine fixed but what fun!  Have a great time with it!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 1:23 PM | Locked

Barbara:

Caryl Anne sound like you are having a frustrating day ,hope it all gets worked out.

OMG No frustrations now I am going to get a practically new machine to play with for the next few weeks while my machine stays at the hospital.. I have a Janome 10001 9 years old, but my work horse, now I can use the Janome 11000SE until mine comes back fixed. I say I am having a Blessed Day.

Thanks Thea, you got the drift.. lol leaving in about 10 minutes.. ooh ah

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 1:30 PM | Locked

LOL Thea, you won't catch me on my hands and knees scrubbing floors very often. I'm content to do a quick mop now and again...  With all the little feets tramping through here day and night I'd never get up off the floor if I was as inclined as you are to keep it shined and polished.

I just put the bread in to bake; Got the mail -laughed when the Post Mistress told me about watching the kids rush to get to he bus this morning; and started the laundry. I suppose now I oughta go mop my floors... *sigh* Thea's such a bad influence.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,349
Points 28,485
Marsha-SM replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 4:07 PM | Locked

Thea:

just before lunch got the little spot steam cleaner and cleaned up the carpet near DH's chair - I so wish he would leave his work shoes in the garage - but nope I can't teach that old dog that new trick...teehee...

That sounds like Rich.  He says it is easier for him to put his shoes on and off in his chair!  He stores them on the carpet under his table full of months of magazines, newspapers, and papers of whatever - I  don't dare touch them or I will be the one blamed for his not being able to find the paper he wants!  Of course, he can't find what is so close it will bite him.  His shoes are cleated work shoes and the cleats are usually full of mud and stones.  Guess where they (the dried mud and stones) end up - - - on my kitchen floor and in front of his chair.  The dried mud ends up as fine sandy dust which clogs the vacuum cleaner's filter!!   If I used a steam cleaner, I would have mud again.  It is impossible to get up all that fine dust.  Being on a dirt road doesn't help.  I walk barefoot, and those stones hurt!!!  I didn't plan on MALE bashing, but guess I just did!  They are all the same!  Just part of the common male beast. 

Time for me to get back to quilting.  Thought I could finish the binding on a quilt for our 17 yr old grandson's Senior class Auction, but had 3 Amish men here putting in a cement slab for our new-to-us outside wood stove.  Maybe SOME of the inside dirt will disappear if at least the wood chips and sawdust aren't inside the house to be added to the dirt and mud.  I had to fetch tools and answer questions all day.  I would have the binding finished if I had ridden in the truck with Rich today.  I usually do on Thursday, but had to be here if they needed anything and pay for the cement when it came.  The slab will be a room added to the house where I had a greenhouse that collapsed in the s**w many years ago.  They added 8 feet to the original 12 x 16 slab that was the greenhouse.  The outer 8 x 16 foot section will be for the stove and some wood with a wall and door dividing it from the rest.  They added 3 inches to the old slab so we won't have to drag our ancient bodies up a 10" high step.  Rich says the big 12 x 16 area will be for me!!  Now I have to design it (with a pathway from the laundry room door through the middle to the stove).  I plan about 6 to 8 feet of windows on the sunny side and a bench for a sort-of greenhouse.  I miss having one.  Maybe the rest will be for a much-needed small hot-tub, the dryer so that it will vent directly outside, and room for SEWING!!!  That is something I desperately need.  I am tired of a cutting table and machine in the middle of the kitchen.  It would be nice to be able to shut the door on the mess when I want to!  (Maybe I shouldn't be male-bashing after all!)

Thea, hope you feel better soon.  You do seem to be adjusting to your mother's quirks.  I detect the smiles in your writing.  Keep it up.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 4:25 PM | Locked

Thea, corners? We are supposed to CLEAN the corners?  Hmmmmm........! I think I have chased a couple really big dust bunnies out of corners once before.

Went to that Dr. appt. today. When I first went in, I had to pay the $153 for the "shot" of iron, up front. Then, the sweet girl called me back and put in an IV. She said I was getting an iron infusion. So, OK, I guess. Then I see the Doctor, remember, "Call me Jennifer"?  She said my iron level is extremely low and had I had a colonoscopy or Endoscopy in lately. Yes, to both but no blood found. Then she said my liver enzymes were way off. I have to have a CT of the liver and pancraes. I had the iron "shot" which really was a shot, but, it is put into the vein. Dr. Jennifer said the price I had to pay was totally out of sight. Why do they always act like they have NO idea what things cost???  Don't all Doctor's have a Rip off the Patients 101 class in Medical School? Then, she finds out, that, had that done as  an iv drip for this iron, it would have only cost $40.00, bu,t I would have to sit in a recliner, right in front of the TV, for 4 hours. Well,,duh?  Of course, I am going to sit there and save all that money. But, they coundl't do the first one as all the ordering had been done and blah, blah, blah. Next Weds.. I will take a book and sit for 4 hours. Only problem is my sister, who only visits me twice a year and only 3 days each visit, comes next Weds. And, Jim has an appt. to see about his cataract surgery. GRRRRR!!!!

So, it hasn't been a great day. But, not too bad either. We went to downtown Blue Ridge to look for two more chairs for the new table, and found them. So, all in all, guess it was OK.

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 629
Points 9,365
MaggieNae replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 5:17 PM | Locked

Sukochi, if you're just going to be sitting there for hours, can't they do this on Tuesday?  Then you'll feel the effects on Wednesday.  I'm sure they could squeeze you in just to run an IV.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 6:28 PM | Locked

Maggie, Afraid not. It has to be a certian number of days away. I will work it out. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,421
Points 415,844
gini replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 6:53 PM | Locked

Hi deermor, welcome to the group. I live in sandpoint

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,578
Points 47,550
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 6:53 PM | Locked

Did you ever get the feeling you're supposed to be doing something  but you have no idea what it is??  I have that feeling...

Tomorrow after a long meeting I'm going to the store where I bought my Janome 7700 to see if they have a playmate for her!  It's coming close to the time where I'll need to bring Julia in for a checkup and with the way I've been sewing, I'll definately go through withdrawals without a replacement.  It needs to be light enough, cheap enough and not be bottom of the line so it can be a travel machine and something to let other people use who come over and want to sew.

AND... I just got an email telling me I won a $10 certificate in the Aug Fab shop Hop!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 7:24 PM | Locked

Boy Marsha, I remember the days!! DH worked for 11 years in a saw mill. He wore lug soled "corks" to work and came home covered from head to toe in fine black pwdery dust. The boots tracked in half the state on the soles. And the dirt!! Oh My! I couldn't vacuum it - it poofed away from the machine; and it turned to into black streaky mess if I tried to mop it up. When he'd strip off in the bathroom to shower after work, all the dust from his clothes went every where and combined with the steam. Every surface in that bathroom was grey by the end of the week. The washing machine had to be wiped out with damp towels after I washed his work cloths, and then they got sent through a second time to get them clean(er). I woulda sold my right arm for a mud room... Not that he'd have used it. LOL I'm so glad that is passed history!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 106 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 104 105 106 107 108 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use