Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 103 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 101 102 103 104 105 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 1:02 PM | Locked

ARGH!! Men!!!!!!! (That should be a 4-letter word!)  I'll take your sick son over my husband today, Nan. 

Sprout had a rough night last night, didn't sleep at all well. Yours truely was up with him more then I was in bed asleep...and then DH, who has the day off, gets up complaining about how he didn't get any sleep last night! He got up and got the kids off to school this monring and I'm supposed to think he's a great hero for "letting me sleep in, again."  He's been stompin around here snarling about every little thing today...especially since my DB called and announced that he's going to be coming through and kidnapping me for a day next week. Hubby doesn't do well when I travel without him for some reason. It always puts him in a growly mood. Dumb DB had to go and tell him about it before he told me... 

All last month I nagged about getting the outside chores done before the weather turned. Did he do any of it...?? Now he's cussing because there's so much to do and winter's staring us in the face. But is he doing it??? I was just out putting away all of the yard tools that he left out all summer (How hard is it to hangup pruning shears in a shed, anyway??)  and draining the hoses, etc. 

He just left to go run a few town errands an do a few things at the office and I'll tell you what, the silence is most welcome!! Now maybe I can get a few things accomplished around here before the baby wakes up from his nap.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,582
Points 75,645
Karla replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 6:13 PM | Locked

chocake2:

All last month I nagged about getting the outside chores done before the weather turned. Did he do any of it...?? Now he's cussing because there's so much to do and winter's staring us in the face. But is he doing it??? I was just out putting away all of the yard tools that he left out all summer (How hard is it to hangup pruning shears in a shed, anyway??)  and draining the hoses, etc. 

He just left to go run a few town errands an do a few things at the office and I'll tell you what, the silence is most welcome!! Now maybe I can get a few things accomplished around here before the baby wakes up from his nap.

I think husband's are all alike.  The rain gutters and down spouts (which we bought last March) are just about up now.  The paint needs retouching where he moved some things to accommodate the down spouts, but today when I went shopping with DD2 to Costco (a $300 mistake, but at least I got some Christmas shopping done), it didn't get done.  In fact nothing got done...I found him sitting in the same chair in front of the same television when we got home.  He says he couldn't find the paint...funny he had to move it out of the way to get into the garage.  He did get the lawn fertilized though so I guess I can't complain too much.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 9:04 PM | Locked

MEN.......can't live with them and can't SHOOT them!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 9:40 PM | Locked

nantenn:

MEN.......can't live with them and can't SHOOT them!!

Oh Yes I can!! I can shoot just fine... It's the consiquense of the action that I don't much care for.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 9:46 PM | Locked

I knew you'd be the one to write that!!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 9:49 PM | Locked

chocake2:

Incidentally these spuds are huge. I used 3 tonight and made enough mashed tators for supper, plus left-overs!

when we had a garden a couple of years ago, the potatoes were big enough that one would feed me and the old guy for supper.  Thats if they didn't go hollow. Hate it when they do that.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 10:31 PM | Locked

chocake2:

ARGH!! Men!!!!!!! (That should be a 4-letter word!)  I'll take your sick son over my husband today, Nan. 

Sprout had a rough night last night, didn't sleep at all well. Yours truely was up with him more then I was in bed asleep...and then DH, who has the day off, gets up complaining about how he didn't get any sleep last night! He got up and got the kids off to school this monring and I'm supposed to think he's a great hero for "letting me sleep in, again."  He's been stompin around here snarling about every little thing today...especially since my DB called and announced that he's going to be coming through and kidnapping me for a day next week. Hubby doesn't do well when I travel without him for some reason. It always puts him in a growly mood. Dumb DB had to go and tell him about it before he told me... 

This must have been the day to have "man problems" it was horrible here too!I I especially like the consequence  remark CC... Mine guy's favorite saying is " You can't shoot the stupid one" and today I was almost to the point of him being that "one"!

Hope it will be better day tomorrow for everyone!

Good Night all, and thank you for the laugh!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,589
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 10:36 PM | Locked

Making progress, I finished another label, made the binding for the last two quilts, and started gluing the binding on grandson #3's planet quilt. I feel like I actually accomplished something... woo hoo!!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,289
Points 413,919
gini replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 10:47 PM | Locked

My man and I are in different parts of the country, so no problems on that front.   The cousin front is going a bit rocky.   My eldest aunt asked my youngest aunt and I to please be nice, as cousin is in a. Snit and in a passive aggressive mode.   Fun fun fun.   My two aunts and I have been doing things without her as cousin doesn't arise from bed until 10 .  That means it is noon before she is beautiful enough to head out.  

We have walked to central park and back two days in a row, eating our way both directions.   We have done the natural history museum, tiffanies twice, fao Schwartz, and a ton of other things.  It's only been two days.   We went to the play, The Book Of Morman tonight,  done by the southpark creators. It was pretty funny.

I'm tuckered, and my feet are a bit unhappy.  Tomorrow, the memorial at ground zero and Ellis island, wall street and hopefully a quilt shop.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,589
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 10:59 PM | Locked

Made me tired just reading Gini....

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 11:10 PM | Locked

Me and mine are in different rooms watching TV, have been for two days.  It has been quiet.  For now.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,698
Points 436,385
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 11:14 PM | Locked

Gini

It sounds like you are seeing and doing lots of neat things.  My feet hurt just listening to you.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 6:56 AM | Locked

gini:

My man and I are in different parts of the country, so no problems on that front.   The cousin front is going a bit rocky.   My eldest aunt asked my youngest aunt and I to please be nice, as cousin is in a. Snit and in a passive aggressive mode.   Fun fun fun.   My two aunts and I have been doing things without her as cousin doesn't arise from bed until 10 .  That means it is noon before she is beautiful enough to head out.  

We have walked to central park and back two days in a row, eating our way both directions.   We have done the natural history museum, tiffanies twice, fao Schwartz, and a ton of other things.  It's only been two days.   We went to the play, The Book Of Morman tonight,  done by the southpark creators. It was pretty funny.

I'm tuckered, and my feet are a bit unhappy.  Tomorrow, the memorial at ground zero and Ellis island, wall street and hopefully a quilt shop.

gini, sounds like you are really have a super time considering lol!

xoxoxo,

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,327
Points 46,255
Angele replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 7:10 AM | Locked

Oh Thea I just want to wrap you in a quilt of prayers.  I know you have to be in so much pain to ask for this.  Wish there was a way to take it away from you.  Health is something that I've taken for granted for so long, now I know that I need to appreciate and respect my health and work to keep what I have.  So Thea, I will pray that your pain goes away, and that your BP drops to a healthy level.  

My friend, take care of yourself. Wishing I was close enough to take care of you.

big quilty hugs

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 7:22 AM | Locked

chocake2:

ARGH!! Men!!!!!!! (That should be a 4-letter word!)... 

Oh, Goodie!! Male Bashing! Ooooh-La-Lah! Can I join in or is this a restricted club?? ROFLOL! Yes, it should be a 4-Letter word, CC! How about this...A-MEN! I believe they are all cut from the same cloth - in fact, I read somewhere once upon a time that when a male child is born (Hey, there's another 4-letter word "Male") a surge of testosterone goes through their brains and severs some nerve endings...or some such thing. In fact, I'm firmly convinced it severs a lot more than "nerve" endings - try brain cells, common sense, organizational skills, gumption, and more. I can so identify with you and, Karla, you just described any given day at my house. The hay that was cut & round-baled in late June is still sitting in the field where it came off the baler because DH keeps "forgetting" to call someone to come fix the tractor. In fact, the tractor is sitting in the lean-to in parts where my DB took it apart to get something off of it - tools still on the ground. ~sigh~ honestly, wouldn't the world be a better place if women were the only...well, maybe not but, most days, I'd like to give it a whirl. And, Karla, there's hope - honestly! DH finally took a pile of old paint cans to the dumpster that's been sitting in front of the garage for 3 years! :-)

Page 103 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 101 102 103 104 105 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use