Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 102 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 100 101 102 103 104 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,476
Points 244,297
Thea replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 9:53 AM | Locked

MNnancy:
 I'm at a community leadership retreat at a local resort
Nancy - do not know how you do it - I am still in the recovery mode from Walnut Place - to do them back to back - energy you have a lot of!  Have a good time Please!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,476
Points 244,297
Thea replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 9:55 AM | Locked

Donna B:
.I am in NYC!  Zara (aka Taz) actually never let out one peep
 Donna - hope you have a great time and that must be fun traveling with Zara... have tons to fun Zara...

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,476
Points 244,297
Thea replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 9:56 AM | Locked

Margaret Weber:
Well quilting for me will be on the back burner as for the next three months
I hope the quilt making withdrawal period goes by fast for you - many prayers sent for a great class for you - you will do wonderfully!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,140
Points 14,755
Dawn replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 10:00 AM | Locked

at the office for a bit today, then off to PT then lunch and bowling w/my mom.  Hope to work on a quilt tomorrow.  My arm was not happy w/me on Monday after finishing Nolans quilt, but I got it done.  I need to find a lighter brown for a border, I am thinking, so will be going to the LQS soon too.  Have a great day!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 10:32 AM | Locked

Maggie:

You know its not too late to take him back home with you........Didn't Nancy say she'd be happy to pet sit for you??????

Yaa, right...LOL! I don't think so!!!

I doubt we will get off without having her for "visits" again at home, but hopefully that will be after a few months.  Although the plane ride turned out OK, it still was one extra carry-on (and counts as such) and I usually have more along with me than I should anyway!  So one less bag on the return flight will be welcomed.

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 10:33 AM | Locked

Margaret Weber:
I am already panicked but then school does that to me,

As an adult, school did that to me also. I felt like I had to be perfect, so I hope you will be able to relax a little and enjoy the process - I know you will do great and you may even find a little time to quilt once in awhile.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,591
Points 75,975
Karla replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 10:42 AM | Locked

Spent the last couple of weeks getting the yard ready for winter...mowed, fertilized, pruned the roses, planted bulbs (what possessed me to buy over 200 daffodil and tulip bulbs), planted mums in the front garden, pulled out the tomato plants, canned some more fruit.  Helped DH finish putting up the rain gutters and down spouts (why, I don't know, when we get so little rain, not even 4 inches a year).  Today we still have 2 down spouts to install, and I've got to dig and separate my iris bulbs as I have promised some to my DD's and DD1's mother-in-law.  

Have managed to get one quilt block per day done in the evening, after taking 2 of the GS's to TaeKwonDo lessons (they go from 5:30 to 7:00 pm, 4 days a week).  No one told me that being a retired grandmother would be so much work.

Gotta' run, must start the laundry and get a shower to start this day off right.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,905
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 11:14 AM | Locked

Donna

Have a fun time in NYC.  Glad Zara did well on the flight. The TSA guys were swabbing your palms checking for any contact with explosive materials.   Glad to know that quilting supplies aren't explosive.....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,905
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 11:17 AM | Locked

I am still trying to recuperate from the Leavenworth retreat.   I do ok on the flight to Washington and the gaining of 3 hrs but the flight home and loosing 3 hrs really messes me up.  Jet lag big time....LOL>   It seems I can't decide when to sleep or eat so I sleep most of the time.    I still have piles of stuff laying all over my sewing tables.   I really need to start putting stuff away....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 12:00 PM | Locked

Not such a good day. Maddie's mom went by ambulance to hospital at 1 am due to gallbladder, turns out it is functioning at 9 percent! So she will have surgery today, son came home from work early with the flu and is very sick. Tried to convince him to go to Dr soon enought to get Tamiflu but men...........

I am ready to go to my Dr and Maddie will need to go with me.

Nan

Cleveland,TN

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,476
Points 244,297
Thea replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 12:16 PM | Locked

Nan - Prayers are with you - had that gall bladder problem back in 99 and love not having it anymore - mine was completely done for - so many stones they were in the tract leading to the other organs - not good!  But much much better!  And I bet she feels better too!  I had surgery at 5 a.m. that time and was released home at 12 noon - good pain pills kept me going as I was in Mississippi taking a class for the AF and didn't want to repeat it so stayed there - my Commander called me Iron lady!  She will feel so much better shortly.

I agree MEN - we can't live with or without them and they never listen until it is too late...teehee...

Thoughts of you at your doctor - hope is very good news!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,476
Points 244,297
Thea replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 12:19 PM | Locked

Karla:
planted bulbs (what possessed me to buy over 200 daffodil and tulip bulbs)
Karla - I do that every few years when I forget what it is like when that package arrives in the fall with all those bulbs to plant - I wish I would remember after a few years and not do it again - lol - now I am thinking of the days when I will be unplanting all those bulbs for the move to MN... such fun!!!  But don't want to leave all that money in my front yard...teehee... I'll reduce the size of my garden and leave it pretty for whomever buys the house...teehee...We have several people already interested and asking exactly when we are going...hmmmmm

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 12:21 PM | Locked

Margaret, Like your hubby, I think you will do right by your classes.  You already have experience in the line of work you are taking classes for. So don't panic and I wish you all the luck in the world to get thru them.  Am sending a prayer up for you too.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 12:31 PM | Locked

Oh my, Nan. Seems that it doesn't rain but what it pours at your house lately.  Hopefully Maddie's mom will come through with flying colors.  Hope your son's flu stays with him and that he doesn't pass it around.  Good luck.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 12:34 PM | Locked

Nan, looks like Saturday at Prather's is off. Not to worry..

Y'all just hunker down and get well. Once the GB is out, it is easy from there.

Sukochi

Page 102 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 100 101 102 103 104 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use