Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 101 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 99 100 101 102 103 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 4:59 PM | Locked

I'm off to make binding and, hopefully, work on another label... wish me luck LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 5:16 PM | Locked

I'm back.....  Finally got caught up in this thread.  It doesn't take much to get behind.

Sunday night Celeste and I helped David unload a Model A project car from his flatbed trailer.  It was parked on an incline so we had to push uphill to get it off the trailer.  No sweat.  BUT "Grace" managed to mis-step getting off the trailer and ended up on the asphalt driveway.  OUCH!!!!  Scraped up my left elbow really well and have a huge lump just under the elbow.  On Monday I felt like I had been run over by the Model A!!!  Feeling much better today.  When I limped into the house and asked Dave to check out my elbow, he just shook his head.  I am known for taking nosedives.  :o(  The dogs always think it is great fun when I manage to trip over something and end up on my backside when we are taking a walk.  They think it is time to smother Mom with sloppy dog kisses. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 6:22 PM | Locked

Oh, Marge, I can sympathiize with you. When I go for a walk in the woods, it never occurs to me to look DOWN. Fall over roots, get thrown up against  tree trucks and hurt my back. I don't go into the woods anymore.

Also, Was chatting with Nan, by email, a few ago. I had told her, earlier today, that I had gotten down on my knees to get something out of the file cabinet. I badly hurt my already hurt knee. So, I just get a reply from her and she said "Why would you get down on your knees?  I haven't been down on my knees in 3 years". I laughed till I cried. Are we getting old or what?

So glad "Grace" has left the building. Keep her out of your life from now on.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,330
Points 36,660
Linda replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 7:36 PM | Locked

Yes we are getting old...it's the bare fact. I have't been on my knees for 5 years. But let's keep grace in the building. If I ever did get on my knees I'd need God's grace to get back up!!!!!

Hugs, Linda

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 9:13 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

CC, how do y'all eat 100 pounds of potatoes before they go bad? How do you store them?

We have a cold cellar.... And a lot of mouths to feed.  I figure that 100 Lbs of spuds will last us til about Mid Jan.

Incidentally these spuds are huge. I used 3 tonight and made enough mashed tators for supper, plus left-overs!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,653
Points 37,355
ls2116 replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 9:46 PM | Locked

Marge hope your ok!  One little fall can change a life.  My DH aunt fractured her elbow.  Have it checked out.  I say this while thinking to myself I need to get new lenses.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 10:11 PM | Locked

Hi all!  It feels good to get online.  I'm at a community leadership retreat at a local resort and they are keeping us really busy during the day.  We have a few hours in the evening to ourselves, but the Internet in the cabins is hit and miss.  This is the first night I've been able to post.  I did get through a Quilt University QE7 module, so even though I'm not sewing, I've still got quilting on the mind!  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 10:50 PM | Locked

Hi everyone...I am in NYC!  Zara (aka Taz) actually never let out one peep the whole trip on the airplane!  I think she slept all the way.  I took her into the bathroom at JFK and laid a wee-wee pad on the floor,  plus offered her a little water.  She came out of her carrier, drank most of the water and went right back in the carrier.  I think she was overwhelmed by all the people and noises.  I am happy to say the flight was very uneventful!!!

Wedding is tomorrow in Central Park, then we will see what we will do...

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 10:54 PM | Locked

Oh yes, we ended up checking one bag...so my scissors went in there.  Didn't think it was worth the chance as long as we were going to check a bag.  However, my needles and pins didn't create any issues...went through TSA without any comment.  I was selected to have my palms swabbed.  I don't know what that was for (never heard of that), but whatever they were checking for, I didn't have on me.  BTW, I was holding Zara during this process and she kept trying to lick the swabs...very funny!

We are exhausted...off to bed...

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 11:14 PM | Locked

You know its not too late to take him back home with you........Didn't Nancy say she'd be happy to pet sit for you??????

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 11:18 PM | Locked

Marge, I hope you are feeling better. Take care...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 11:19 PM | Locked

Hi Nancy, I cannot believe you are at another retreat without a break in between. Hope you have fun!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100
Margaret Weber replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 9:43 AM | Locked

Well quilting for me will be on the back burner as for the next three months my life will revolve around the two Early Childhood courses that I am taking online.  I finally got my student ID yesterday a day after classes started and wow iis there a lot involved in these classes.  I am already panicked but then school does that to me, this time though I have DH to keep me focused and on track, for that I am thankful.

Margaret

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,239
Points 239,682
Thea replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 9:50 AM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
I'm back.....  Finally got caught up in this thread.  It doesn't take much to get behind

Marge - I wonder if I will ever be caught back up - so far behind.  I am so sorry that you fell - I am also called Grace - I end up in all sorts of predicaments so empathize with you greatly.  

I am getting caught up on my rest - sleeping better finally - not much energy yet but am feeling it returning.  I do have most of my stuff put back away and the new things have places on the shelves.  My fabricoholic warehouse - lol - grew but the old stuff welcomed the new stuff...lol

Don't you love those sloppy doggy kisses!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,239
Points 239,682
Thea replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 9:52 AM | Locked

chocake2:
Incidentally these spuds are huge. I used 3 tonight and made enough mashed tators for supper, plus left-overs!
Oh CC I can see twice baked potatoes with those spuds...yummy... I can make a whole meal with just one of those - can I send you my address....teeheee

Page 101 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 99 100 101 102 103 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use