Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 100 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 98 99 100 101 102 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,790
Jacy replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 10:20 AM | Locked

Spudgrandma:
We had your soup on Sun and my husband really liked it, I hope you will post the recipe as many have asked for it.

here's the recipe and it is SO simple and quick but always turns out great.

CHICKEN TACO SOUP

1 can diced tomatoes

1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies

2 cans chicken broth

1 can refried beans

1/2 cup corn (I use a whole can, drained. You can use frozen too)

1 can black beans, drained (optional)

2 cups shredded cooked chicken

Add all but the chicken to pot and simmer 5 mins, add chicken, heat through and serve. You can also put in the crock pot and heat on high 2-3 hrs.

We like to serve it over crushed tortilla chips and sprinkle shredded cheese on top.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 11:44 AM | Locked

Jacy,

The recipe sounds like something my DH would enjoy.  Do you know if it freezes well?   I am always looking for things that I can cook up a batch of, then divide into single-serving sizes that get frozen for later use. 

Max

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 11:50 AM | Locked

This soup is soooo yummy Jacy.    I bet you have some great easy recipes with your busy life --  any other recipes you'd like to share?  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 12:28 PM | Locked

Jacy, what size cans do you use? This sounds so what we love to eat. Thank you so very much for sharing this with us.

HAPPY DAY! Wil be meeting nan and Maddie for the day at the Prathers Mill Country Fair on Saturday. Can't wait for that. YEE HAW! :o}

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 12:58 PM | Locked

Maggie:
went flying in all directions.

Including inside my quilt top to be found after when some of the pieces were still missing.  I had actually contemplated doing it again in celebration of finishing my quilt top but felt that it was simply a reaction on actually finishing something at the retreat. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 1:00 PM | Locked

Agnes:
May come visiting near to and in Calgary some day.. 

Calgary is a bit of a drive from my house. I am west of Edmonton close to Jasper.  But welcome any time you feel the need to get away.  We can have our own retreat.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,252
Points 239,972
Thea replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 1:09 PM | Locked

Jacy, your recipe sounds delicious - I am going to write it down and make it probably next week.

I am going to try and read back through all the pages that I missed while on retreat - but for the moment am very exhausted again - I did post some pictures and that is what probably has tired me out.

I would like to ask you all for your prayers.  those that were at the Walnut Retreat know what is happening but I do not want to post here for anyone to read - I would like to ask for your prayers because I am going through a really tough time and it is stressing me out quite a bit.  My b/p is not doing well and I am in tremendous pain from all the stress - so please just say a few prayers for me and I know the Lord will hear them and all will somehow resolve and be okay.  

I will be back to my smiley self in no time.  Warm quilty hugz to all!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 1:13 PM | Locked

Hey Thea,

Just wanted to say that I hope you are feeling better soon.  You're in my thoughts.  <3

All the best,

Carolyn

Raleigh, NC

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 1:57 PM | Locked

Thea, while I have no idea what is happening in your life now, you have been through so much this year alone.

I will pray for you. I will pray for God's healing for both your healt and heart. I feel so close to you, Thea. You have made me smile when I was down and belly laugh when I needed a laugh. I wish you all the best, my dear Thea.

I am so glad that you were able to get away and have such a fun time with those who love you. Laughter is good for the soul and I bet there was so much of that at the retreat.

Sukochi

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 2:02 PM | Locked

Maddie and I will include you in our nightly prayers.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,252
Points 239,972
Thea replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 2:24 PM | Locked

Nan, I started my cat blocks while I was in Iowa.  I don't blame you for not wanting to take on this quilt - it is difficult but I can't wait to see the end result - I do owe you a quilt for Maddie's projects so let me know what size as I seem to have forgotten with everything else.  

I do thank all of you for your prayers - my smiles will be back soon - I just know it... 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 2:24 PM | Locked

Thea,

Good thoughts being sent your way for strength and courage.

Hugs to you.  Max

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 2:38 PM | Locked

My eyes could never do the watercolor cat but I bet it turns out beautiful! 

For Maddie's donation quilt we prefer about 42 inches by 48 or lap quilt suitable for school age child. But nothing exact, it can vary. We are quite flexible. Have gotten some smaller ones and just sent then to younger kids. It can be kiddie style, traditional, scrappy or whatever.

thanks,

Nan and Maddie

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 3:31 PM | Locked

Gosh Vivian, i didn't realise you were so close. I could almost be there in time for supper ( well, a late supper...)!!

Had to go to town today. i made Dh get a proper haircut. He's been shaggy for a while and has gotten in the habit of having me "trim him up"... I ain't no barber and it shows. Glad to have him lookin' good again. While we were there I hit the thrift store in hopes of scoring stuff for Halloween costumes. I got skunked on that but I did score the cutest little wool Pea Coat for Sprout! It cost me a whole dollar...but he's worth it. On the way home we stopped off at the gardens and got the winters supply of spuds and onions. The guys let me have my tators for $30. Not  a bad price for 100lbs!! And all cuz Sprout smiled nice and let them hold him... Heheheh

I put the binding on Jr's quilt so now it's ready to diplay with the others.  Now I can focus my attentions on making Spook Day costumes.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 3:47 PM | Locked

CC, how do y'all eat 100 pounds of potatoes before they go bad? How do you store them?

Great deal on the coat for Sprout.

Sukochi

Page 100 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 98 99 100 101 102 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use