Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 98 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 96 97 98 99 100 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 9,320
MaggieNae replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 4:25 PM | Locked

Vivian, if you're traveling and ever need a house-sitter...(lol)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 4:40 PM | Locked

Vivian I love your room.  What a fantastic place to sew much more room than Leavenworth, hehe

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 4:44 PM | Locked

My bathroom is so small you have to be a contortionist to use, the shower is full of travel cases for my sewing machines, there are no walls for hanging anything, all windows, which is great but I would like to hang something from time to time.  I am so fully aware I have a great space and I'm lucky beyond belief.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 4:45 PM | Locked

MaggieNae:
if you're traveling and ever need a house-sitter

If I thought for one second that you would come all this way, I'd have you sit the house and feed the cats while I follow my husband around the country(ies)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 4:55 PM | Locked

Wow, Vivian! What a wonderful space and view! Wanna trade? I have a lovely view of a 5 lane street that carries constant traffic...even in the middle of the night. There is always something to watch...high speed chases, drive-by shooters, firetrucks, ambulances, fender benders, traffic jams, etc.

The sun came out today, and it has warmed up considerably. I crawled out from under my stack of blankets and quilts and turned off the heating pad. Much nicer today!

I've been rearranging blocks on my design board trying to find a layout I like. Haven't found it yet.  DH took today as a vacation day so he has been underfoot helping with suggestions about what could go where. I finally asked him if he wouldn't like to go to the coffee house and read for a while. He took the hint (maybe it was my tone of voice?) and cleared out.

And I have been cutting blocks and pieces for another quilt. It is a slow go cause the only 'pattern' is the image in my head. But this afternoon it has started to fall into place and I know sizes to cut the pieces now. I just have to stop about every fifteen minutes and let my hands rest.

And I've been swapping out the summer birdfeeders for the winter birdfeeds. Hummingbird and orioles are gone so their feeders are down. Suet and peanut butter feeders are cleaned and filled. I can't find one of the seed feeders so I'll have to get DH to check in the garage for me since I have trouble lifting the door.

Marsha--you have no idea how spoiled my DH's cat really is! She's 20 years old and needs he heating pad for her joints, needs her food mashed up with chicken broth added to make it moist so she can eat it, doesn't want the same flavor of food twice in a row or she loses her appetite, and needs just a little bit of food every 2 to 3 hours or her stomach can't handle it. We won't even discuss her attitude.  My daily mantra is "she can't live forever!"

Better go start something for supper.  I want baked ham, sweet taters, and green beans. I bet I get soup and rice.

Ya'll have a quilty day!  Oh, here is pic of my unarranged blocks...sure hope I figure out where I'm going with this one...   Max

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 4:58 PM | Locked

The blocks are pretty, it will be beautiful when you get it all arranged.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 9,320
MaggieNae replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 5:06 PM | Locked

Vivian, I didn't realize you're in Alberta.  I'm just outside Chicago.  Maybe if you were more near Ontario.  I'm sure you could get someone to come who would want access to your long arm.  Good trade.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 5:35 PM | Locked

Oh, nonono!!!! No playing with my toys!! Looking is ok but no touching!!! Hahahahaha!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,060
Jacy replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 6:20 PM | Locked

MaxNTopeka:
Oh, here is pic of my unarranged blocks...sure hope I figure out where I'm going with this one...   Max

Max, these are great. I can't wait to see what you do with them!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 6:47 PM | Locked

Jacy, What was the applique paper that you so graciously gave me at the retreat called? And also, did you say that you got it at Walmart? BTW, thank you so much for your generosity and your instructions, I could not have completed my kit without them. We had your soup on Sun and my husband really liked it, I hope you will post the recipe as many have asked for it.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 7:04 PM | Locked

Vivian, I love the pictures of your studio. I was looking at the pictures, and I see the same view outside my studio windows every day. I have two sets of twins and their moms that graze in my yard every day. The does are pitifully thin this year, as our corn and bean crops have all but dried up and they have very little to eat.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 7:05 PM | Locked

Max, that is a great layout.  I love the colors and the way it is so contemporary.  Love to see it when you have it finished.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 7:07 PM | Locked

Cool morning. Spitting rain. Tomorrow morning and day to be even colder then today. Feeling like winter.

Went to Atlanta today. Piedmont Surgical Center. Will have my hiatal hernia surgery on the 23 at 2 in the afternoon. Surg. takes about one to one and a half hours. Will be in hops for only 23 hours. Then will be a 6 - 8 week recovery. BUT.....I won't have this non stop cough anymore, or the hoarse voice, or the acid reflux, or the bed blocked up 4 inches.............AND........I LOSE 10 - 15 pounds. Didn't say it would be easy but I'll take it. Praise the Lord, I will feel healthy again. It has been 30 years that I have fought with GERD and in only an hour, it can be gone. Why did no one tell me this till now??? Oh, happy day. : }

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 7:11 PM | Locked

chocake2:
How did you ever choose between a hot tub/sauna and a sewing room?

I have never been one to like having my face n ihot steamy air, I find it hard to breath and I didn't have a choice as the sauna was gone before we moved in and I used the hot tub a lot when we bought the house, but slowly over the years we used it less and less.  To much upkeep and my DH didn't use it at all. I just couldn't justify replacing it and when we were renovating the house he asked if I wanted to use the room for my sewing. I just said "Shut the front door before the carpenters get away!!"

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,518
Points 50,885
Ginny replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 7:36 PM | Locked

Oh Max, your quilt blocks are very intriqing.  It will be fascinating to see what you do with them.  Ginny

Page 98 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 96 97 98 99 100 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use