Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 97 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 95 96 97 98 99 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 9:33 AM | Locked

Hi all ,we had a nice hard freeze last night here is Missouri, I love it . I think I have become a cold weather person in my old age .LOL I can deal with it so much better then heat.  We made it home form retreat and now I have to unpack and find placed to out all the stuff I don't have room for . We had a good time at the AQS Show and my goodness it is overwhelming all the vendors and quilts ,I did'nt see even half of it . I did buy some nice stuff though and can't wait to get started on some of it . I try and post a picture later of all my good ies I got ..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,323
Points 27,920
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 10:55 AM | Locked

MaxNTopeka:
Ya'll stay warm and stay busy!  I'll check back in when it warms up.

Does that mean we won't see you until SPRING???? 

This wierd weather we have had this year has tricked our bodies into expecting it to be hot all the time!  We cannot adjust to NORMAL temps.  We usually have a killing frost by Sept. 10, but we have had only one light frost that didn't do anything but put a little ice on the windshields so far.  We have been known to have a killing frost on August 23rd!  One year we were with our county's 4-Hers at the New York State Fair and their dairy cattle show was on Aug 23rd.  The parents arrived that morning before the show and told us that they could smell frozen corn all the way to the fair.  It was in the 20s.  That was the earliest killing frost that I remember - around 20 years ago or so. 

It sounds like your Sunday was like my weekend - I fumbled and dropped everything!!  Saturday was especially bad - I wasn't safe around anything breakable or spillable.  I didn't dare sew, I probably would have added fingers to my projects!  It was a good day to catch up on many quilt magazines that have been piling up around here. 

Hope you warm up soon.  You are lucky to have a DH that will fix lunch.  Mine just sits in his chair watching TV and WAITS TO BE SERVED in the chair!!!  He does either drive the truck and handle other people's cattle or cut firewood all day, so he is tired.  What a pampered cat you have! 

Marsha - Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,297
Points 414,019
gini replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 12:52 PM | Locked

Alaska's compooters are down and we are stuck in Seattle,  

Nancy,  I have been to NYC a couple of times on my way to or from somewhere, and have done all the touristy stuff..    This trip is with my two aunts and cousin, it will be a week of museums and shows and much walking. One of my aunts hasn't been there.  We should have fun if we make it.

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 623
Points 9,290
MaggieNae replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 2:14 PM | Locked

Donna, your little Zara is a cutie.  I lost the Did You Work on a Quilt Today thread, so...

Yes I did.  I thought I'd bought extra backing fabric for my cousing quilt.  Used a lot of what we had on the front.  Clean around my sewing area (aka guest bed) and found the bag with the first of the extra fabric.  I went back twice and have just enough for the Queen size quilt.  I've got it laid out on the bad instead of hanging for basting this time.  Working from the center out.  I don't want any little extra folds of fabric on the back this time.  So I should be getting to the actual quilting by this weekend.  I've already made the binding from scraps, but they're still rather controlled.  I will need to add a little extra batting and do some trimming, but this is starting to really come together.  New goal, to have it completely done by the end of this month.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,251
Points 172,988
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 2:22 PM | Locked

Last hibiscus of the season, taken a couple of days ago.  The bush was loaded this year.  something ate the leaves but the flowers were beautiful!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 3:00 PM | Locked

Thanks for sharing your Beautiful flower, Marie!! It's a nice bright contrast to the freezing drizzle outside of my window.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 3:02 PM | Locked

gini:
Alaska's compooters are down and we are stuck in Seattle,

I hope that by now you are airborn and on your way east, Gini. DB and SiL were stranded in SLC trying to get to DEN for the weekend - It took them 3 tries to get to their destination.  I hope your travels are safe and FUN!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 3:17 PM | Locked

I have successfully met my goal today. I've done 2 loads of laundry (still have more to go, but it's a good start) and layered Jr's quilt. When I went to press his top, part of his applique lifted off so I ended up having to re-attach it and stitch it down. We're using fuable web and I think he got that peice too hot and cooked the stick'em out of the glue. Somehow it looks different since i repaired it, and I fear I may not have placed the piece exactly where he had it....? I'll some explaining to do when he gets home. 'Hopefully he'll be Ok with the change. Looking at his quilt with rested eyes and a days perspective has me convinced that he's a pretty darn gifted little artist (Hey! I'm the Mom. I'm allowed to be biased!). I'm gonna treasure this creation for the rest of my life. 'Can't wait til it's finished and i can post it in my gallery!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,251
Points 172,988
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 3:32 PM | Locked

chocake2:
Looking at his quilt with rested eyes and a days perspective has me convinced that he's a pretty darn gifted little artist (Hey! I'm the Mom. I'm allowed to be biased!). I'm gonna treasure this creation for the rest of my life. 'Can't wait til it's finished and i can post it in my gallery!

You sure are CC.  Can't wait to see it in your gallery.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 4:03 PM | Locked

I spent the day getting my goods unpacked from the Leavenworth trip and shoehorning my cutting table into the room.  Spud wanted to see my quilting room so I took some photos.

this is the upper area.  The room was a three season room at one time and the room in the upper left was the sauna.  The owners before us took out the sauna and put in a small bathroom.  In the lower right, thats my longarm, thats where the hot tub used to be before we took it out.  We didn't want to replace it when we did the reno as we didn't use it much and it had started to leak.

This is my new cutting table.  I found out the cutting mat that I had on the green side since I bought it actually has quite a nice dark side.  I have a cabinet on both sides with a bookcase on either side for magazines etc.  I am missing the shelves as I forgot to throw them in the truck so I'll have to pick them up later.

This is the side of the table.  Love the wheels although it isn't sliding around as easy as I had hoped.  It took FOUR grown men to manhandle this into the house.  I am NOT to ask to have it move any time soon.

Some of the things I see out of my sewing room window, which reminds me, I'll have to move the stove pipe from the old fireplace that we took out.  Can't imagine why its never been moved. And finally, a storage suggestion. I use an old wine rack to store paper products and fusibles etc. 

And thats the last time anyone will see a neat and tidy room.  Enjoy.

• | Post Points: 125
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 4:10 PM | Locked

Thanks Vivian... I love your sewing space and your view, I'm green with envy.... I see your quilt top, that you made at the retreat, on your quilt frame; it will be so comfy and warm when you get it done. I did not think you would get that stack of square together so fast, but you did. WTG!!!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 4:16 PM | Locked

Well, I'll be honest with you, I haven't used it as much as I wanted to with work and all.  Now we are retired and my husband seems to want to get the most miles in now that he can travel.  It takes me a while to fluff my feathers and get settled down every time I leave so I don't get as much done as I would want to, but I am getting better and more used to not working.  Lots of people seem to think it will be easy not to go to work every day but it takes getting used to.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 4:19 PM | Locked

Gee, Vivian...How did you ever choose between a hot tub/sauna and a sewing room? It'd have wanted it all!!!!!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 4:21 PM | Locked

Vivian :
Lots of people seem to think it will be easy not to go to work every day but it takes getting used to.

I totally understand, even though I worked at home, it took some getting used to when I retired. Hopefully, you will be able to get all cozy when winter sets in and really give your quilting space a workout...

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 623
Points 9,290
MaggieNae replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 4:22 PM | Locked

Dang, Vivian.  I would have to take over my whole living room and still wouldn't have this kind of space or lighting.  The vaulted ceiling is probably what I'm the most jealous of.  I'd like to be able to put up a Queen/King quilt and hang it flat against a wall, but mine are no where near that high.  Yup, the hardwood floors, your own little bathroom AND a longarm machine.  Add me to the green eyed list.  That reminds me, I have lottery tickets to check.

Page 97 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 95 96 97 98 99 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use