Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 96 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 94 95 96 97 98 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 4:12 PM | Locked

Brrrrr!!!!  The cold air CC sent South has arrived in Kansas.  We had our first hard freeze overnight...27 degrees for at least 4 hours.  All the achy joints are complaining. I've spent most of the day trying to get them warm.  The thermostat says 69 degrees, the body says it feels like 39 degrees! Sweatsuit, socks, fingerless gloves, and a fluffy bathrobe and I'm still cold. No sewing for me today. I've given up trying to rearrange blocks on the design board cause I keep dropping them...along with the cat's food bowl, coffee cup, two spoons, and one kettle (empty). Can't grip or hold anything today!

DH was sweet and fix lunch...said something about not wanting scrambled eggs. I pulled out the cat's heating pad so she can sleep warm. And I put the big comforter on the bed. Looks so inviting I think that's where I'm headed. Might even take the heating pad for my hands.

Ya'll stay warm and stay busy!  I'll check back in when it warms up.

Max

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 4:22 PM | Locked

Goodness Max, 69 sounds toasty. It's in the upper 50s here and a beautiful sunny day. I'm enjoying the sunshine!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,616
Points 119,510
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 4:38 PM | Locked

MaxNTopeka:
.27 degrees for at least 4 hours.  All the achy joints are complaining. I've spent most of the day trying to get them warm.  The thermostat says 69 degrees, the body says it feels like 39 degrees!

It's miserable to feel cold and not be able to warm up. Max, you would be very uncomfortable in our home. We rarely get the inside temp above 68. The AC comes on if it hits 72! Even when it's below freezing outside, we turn the heat off at night and have the windows open with a fan going in the bedroom.

Max, maybe you're coming down with something?  I recommend hot toddies, piles of warm quilts and lots of rest. Pamper yourself.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 4:42 PM | Locked

Donna B:
she is a little tazmanian devil disguised as a dog!

I will certainly vouch for that!  I'm wondering if Donna's seat neighbors will make her ride in the bathroom with the dog carrier.  

Donna, hope that little fluff ball settles down for you as I've seen it do when sitting in your lap!  When is your flight?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 4:43 PM | Locked

Gini, the sleeping arrangements sound like a challenge, but I hope you'll enjoy your trip.  Have you been to New York before?  What's on the agenda?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 5:16 PM | Locked

Y'all are just making me shiver. It is 60 here and to get down into the upper 50's over night. We can't have a fire in the wood stove bcause "someone" forgot to get the chimney sweep in here before the temps lowered. I think we didn't think they ever would go down. I think we might get a  real winter this year. Cold, and everything that comes with it.

Donna travel safely. Hope all goes well on that airplane. 

Gini, take a sleeping bag for the cousin. You get the bed.!

Still sick, now I have twisted my bad knee and having pain walking. Took a nap, awoke to a awful tooth ache. Jim refuses to take me out back and shoot me. MEN!!!

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,616
Points 119,510
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 5:27 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Still sick, now I have twisted my bad knee and having pain walking. Took a nap, awoke to a awful tooth ache. Jim refuses to take me out back and shoot me. MEN!!

Well, Sukochi, glad to see you still have your sense of humor. LOL

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 6:53 PM | Locked

I for one like the cooler weather.i got out a king size quilt someone made my mom about 45 yrs ago..it is Dresden plates, very heavy. It needs restored but will keep me warm. I did shut the windows though. And I love sweatshirts!

nan

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,531
Points 51,085
Ginny replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 7:51 PM | Locked

Oh man, I went up north 2 1/2 hrs to my 88 y/o Aunt's house to visit with her for the weekend.  She took me shopping.  I could hardly keep up with her.  The sudden cold and rainy weather up there set my arthritis off. 

We went to Gaylord to shop on Saturday.  There was a quilt show in town but my aunt didn't feel she could walk thru the show without a walker so instead we went to a local quilt shop called Delphine's .  It was a great place, but there were so many ladies in there shopping before the show.  I did pick up 1 piece of sale fabric that was less than a 1 yard length and a new seam ripper, mine is getting dull,.  While we were there we went to the local Ben Franklin store that is going out of business.  Well, the quilt show goers were there too and there wasn't anthing left in the fabric line for my taste.  We stopped for lunch and the quilters had taken over that restaurant also.  It was great though because my aunt saw so many ladies that had been her customers when she worked at a quilt shop several years ago. 

All in all, it was a great time because I haven't been able to go see her for several years until I got my new car last month.  She is the only older relative that I have left and we have always been quite close.

The fall colors were at their peak all the way up north, It was just a gorgeous drive.    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,550
Points 46,960
Debbie-do replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 9:05 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Still sick, now I have twisted my bad knee and having pain walking. Took a nap, awoke to a awful tooth ache. Jim refuses to take me out back and shoot me. MEN!!!

Well, you DID say satan was going to come at you after your baptism last week.  Looks like he's gunnin for ya!  Stay strong, my sister!!  Have Jim make some soup and tea and bring you ice wraps for your knee.  Much too messy the other way!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 9:36 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Donna B:
she is a little tazmanian devil disguised as a dog!

I will certainly vouch for that!  I'm wondering if Donna's seat neighbors will make her ride in the bathroom with the dog carrier.  

Donna, hope that little fluff ball settles down for you as I've seen it do when sitting in your lap!  When is your flight?

Believe me, they may!!! 

I bought a dog-carrier for her at Petco in Wenatchee on the way home from Leavenworth.  Yesterday and today have been "training" days getting her used to the carrier and doing her business on a wee-wee pad without the astroturf.  I started out yesterday luring her into the carrier with salmon cat-food and increasing her stay each time.  In the afternoon, we drove to Twisp, went through the car-wash, and drove back.  (The car wash was a recommended experience for dogs that have not been on a plane before.)  She did very well...  Today she went into the carrier on her own (no lure this time) and we took a one hour drive with her in the carrier all the time and she managed very well.  Also, I bought a kong toy for her.  You stuff food and treats inside it and the dog chews and works on rolling and licking in the hole until they get all the treats out.  That kept her very occupied and quiet for almost an hour...Yay!

If any of you ever have to travel by plane with a small dog, you need to go to this blog:  www.dogjaunt.com  which has a lot of tips to make your and the dog's life easier on the plane.  One tip was (if necessary) taking the dog into the airplane bathroom (with the door locked), put a wee-wee pad on the floor, take the dog out and let them relieve themselves on the pad, toss the wee-wee pad into the garbage, return dog to carrier and return to your seat....with everyone feeling a whole lot better.  Lots and lots of great suggestions on this site!  I cannot imagine doing this without some information from people who have traveled this way!

By Wednesday, this whole experience will be a memory (good or bad), but I will let you know how it went!  DH has been pleasantly surprised at how well she has adapted so far to the carrier and the wee-wee pad.  (We also took her into the grocery store yesterday [in the carrier] and she spent the whole time just looking at the world going by.  The only problem we had was with people wanting to see her...which got her excited - and Nancy knows what happens then.  I should have heeded the advise on the blog and told them I was not going to open the carrier because of her excitement level, but I didn't.  So, I learned a lesson too!!!)

Our flight leaves Sea-Tac airport at 7:10 am PDT on Tuesday 10/9...so will be at JFK around 4pm EDT.  That will be a long day for a puppy in a box...lol!

So, here is a picture of the little T.Devil...aka: Zara...all ready for her trip:

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 8:34 AM | Locked

What would life be without Kong's?? Jenni has the super duper Heavy duty Monster Kong. She's succeeded in ripping one corner off, but she still has to work at it to get her cheese. I'm hoping that it'll hold together til Christmas when I'll get her another one.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 8:40 AM | Locked

Kinda cool and drizzly today. The clouds are blocking the sun and mornign is slow coming...

My goal today is to get Jr's wall quilt layered and do some of the quilting on it. I think he should do most of it, but I do want to stabilize it a bit before he starts.

I got an order from the lady who owns the rock and gem shop to do some wire-wrapping for her, so I'm fiddling with that a little. She sent home a few trilobites and silver wire for me to mess with. *sigh* I so wish I knew something about metalergy and solder. I have some neat ideas but I have no way to exicute them...much less lack the knowledge to do so. Heck, I don't even know for sure if they'd even work.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 8:44 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Sukochi, you crack me up. 

Donna, just don't forget to take her out of the bag before it goes through the x-ray.  :)

Raleigh, NC

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 9:12 AM | Locked

Carolyn:
Donna, just don't forget to take her out of the bag before it goes through the x-ray.  :)

Yes, I am aware of that.  The blog I mentioned had lots of little details like this one.  This is going to be a real adventure!

Winthrop, WA

Page 96 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 94 95 96 97 98 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use