Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 95 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 93 94 95 96 97 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,545
chocake2 replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 9:59 AM | Locked

Gini, I can't believe it's illegal to rent the condo. Maybe it's an assoc rule, but certainly not an actual LAW! I hope they at least come up with hide-a-beds and inflatable mattresses for you if you're paying for sleeping space. Even that's pretty tacky...

Jr finished his quilt top yesterday. It's coming out pretty cute. He wants his Big Sis to quilt it for him. She's a whiz at FMQ so I can see his point... but I'd like him to get a little experience in that area too. We'll see how it goes later today.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,784
gini replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 10:23 AM | Locked

CC, a lot of places have rules about sub-letting.  there's a bellman there, and we were told to tip him well, he has to know whtat's going on, wink, wink.   he probably goes home at night and howls at all the bad liars coming in and out.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 10:32 AM | Locked

Well, we checked last night on the hotel DS booked us into and TripAdvisor had lots of negative comments.  It does have a bed (double against the wall) for the two of us, but apparently the bathrooms are smaller than those on airplanes.  Gini, we just need to consider this an adventure!!!  (I don't have any good feelings about this trip either, sigh.) 

But, count your blessings.  At least your not taking a toy pom on the plane trip too...lol...

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,784
gini replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 11:35 AM | Locked

donna, i think an idiot cousin trumps a toy pom

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,265
Points 173,178
Marie replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 11:43 AM | Locked

Gini, I'll be glued to the six o'clock news every night next week expecting you to appear nightly.  :  )

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 12:14 PM | Locked

gini:
i finally got my pilot light lit.

Well, that explains a lot... :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 12:19 PM | Locked

Patti:
Went to the Mennonite country auction and relief sale today.

Wow Patti, as much work as you did at the retreat and preparing for it I would think you would be resting, but the auction sounds like fun.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 12:24 PM | Locked

Today, I am going to work on labels for the quilts I have made for my grandkids. Then if I don't run out of gas I'm going to try to get the binding glued for #3 and make the binding for 6 & 7

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 12:28 PM | Locked

Vivian :

It seems to me if there is only one bed, you pull straws, except for the cousin who is automaticly sleeping on the floor!!

Sleeping on the floor i dont think so, vivian you are too kind good job im not there or the cousin would be sleeping outside the front door with no covers.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 1:45 PM | Locked

Well they just might need a doorman for the condo.  she would fit the bill. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,545
chocake2 replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 2:08 PM | Locked

Hope the doorman gets well compensated, cause he'd gonna need all those tips to live off when he gets canned for turning a blind-eye to the comings and goings from that Condo. You just know eventually one of the busy-body neighbors is gonna report it.  :S

Had to go down and load bones for a traveling exhibit today. The boys were big helpers. I was impressed when they didn't get distracted into popping bubbles while we were wrapping the display! Bubble wrap and little boys ...it can be a bad combination! Now we are home and as a reward for their hard work, they get to clean their rooms!! Bwhahahhah

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 3:06 PM | Locked

chocake2:
Nancy, I waved as you went passed. You probably didn't see it with that snow blowing in your face, tho. :S

Funny CC!  The snow Friday night wasn't much of an issue, but we dealt with thick fog for the first few hours of driving early Saturday morning leaving Billings.  It was still dark, and lack of visibility was a serious issue which set us back on our progress home.  It felt great to sleep in my own bed last night!!!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 3:10 PM | Locked

gini:

donna, i think an idiot cousin trumps a toy pom

Don't be so sure...you haven't met this one yet...LOL!  Just ask MNNancy, she is a little tazmanian devil disguised as a dog!

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,326
Points 27,965
Marsha-SM replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 3:25 PM | Locked

gini:

i bet they are losing a lot of potential members. i wouldn't have joined if i had this much trouble in the beginning.  it was down for hours today and it isn't running real fast now.   i think they should offer a significant discount to returning members for all the down time we have had.

I haven't been even reading posts on site much lately because It is either so slow letting me on or is down!  I have many more quilts that need posting, but I get too tired waiting for the pictures to post.  I have some of the 30   I pictured last week in my gallery, but quit posting because it was so slow.  I have not even tried to post any more since.  Hopefully things will start looking up soon.  I do have the pictures on my computer, so if things get better, I will eventually post them.  I read whatever posts do make it to the site, but do it from my email.  The times of the posts gives me a clue as to how things are on-site.  Sometimes down as much as 12 hours - often in the mornings when I have a chance to check.  Usually get an error message when trying to access from email as I usually do.  Quite frustrating!  I would miss our time together and agree we need a discount for this aggravation!  I have paid ahead 1 year, so will stay at least that long.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,326
Points 27,965
Marsha-SM replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 3:40 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
Somehow I managed to renew twice so I am here until 2014. 

Marge, that is what happened to me!  I don't know how I did it, but before I knew it, my expiration date was also 2014.  I think I renewed 3 times!  it has been a long time since I renewed.  Where was my head?  At least I don't have to think about it for now, and since I don't use the "perks", I probably won't renew.  That cost would buy many scraps for my wheelchair project.  I can't use QNNTV because of our slow internet, and only go to JoAnn's on line.  I have only used the discount once (in Texas)  and once online in 3 years! 

Marsha - Western New York

Page 95 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 93 94 95 96 97 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use