Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 93 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 91 92 93 94 95 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 12:55 PM | Locked

Marie:

Today I finished my snowman blocks for the swap, worked more on the backing for my DGS quilt.  Feeling pretty good and very little coughing going on.

Frances, I worked on my 1/2" hex flower last night, took me over an hour to get that little bugger together.  Not sure I'm going to enjoy making this size, will do one more flower and then decide.  Here's a pic.

Marie,

Sorry honey i didnt see this last night, you are doing such a great job, its true the smaller it is the more difficult it is to do, just so you dont feel lonely once my book arrives i will join you, i can always have more EPP projects on the go, (i thought it might make a nice christmas present, just not sure which Christmas).

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,448
Points 176,343
Marie replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 2:52 PM | Locked

Frances:
Sorry honey i didnt see this last night, you are doing such a great job, its true the smaller it is the more difficult it is to do, just so you dont feel lonely once my book arrives i will join you, i can always have more EPP projects on the go, (i thought it might make a nice christmas present, just not sure which Christmas).

Thank you Frances and thank you for joining me with the project, misery loves company.  : )

Love to you back.

Marie

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 7:44 PM | Locked

Just catching up - again..  

I was doing so well this morning --- plugging away at sewing projects.  Made some more wonky log cabin blocks for a Project Linus quilt, stuffed some pet pillows and then started to hem some fleece blankets for Project Linus.  First one went like a charm including the applique i added to the corner.  Second one had skipped stitches galore in the zig zaged hem.  Tried rethreading the machine.  Nope - that wasn't it, so I changed the needle.  Now this was a brand new Schmetz needle straight from the package.  Hit the needle down button and the needle jammed against the foot (dang, was the stupid thing bent or didn't I get it tightened enough?)  and the machine did an emergency shutdown.  I took the needle out (which was definitely bent and dulled after hitting the presser foot) and put in another one.  Started sewing again but did not like the noise that the machine was making.  Hauled it over to my Janome dealer.  It sounded just as bad for him.  He started playing with this and that.  The noise went away but he doesn't know what it was or how he got rid of it. :o)  He did fuss at me for letting my boss man do my check-up instead of him as boss man messed up the tension on the bobbin case.  He told me to let Ken stick to repairing Babylock machines and bring my Janome to him.  I came home with some "official" Janome needles and an embroider disc of snowmen but I don't feel guilty because Jim didn't charge me anything for fiddling with the machine and getting her humming along again.  

We are on critter sitting duty again for the weekend.  The kids went camping until Sunday.  Dave will have to do the midday critter visit tomorrow as I will be working.  We have Strip Club in the morning so I will have to be at the shop EARLY!  I will have to get up a lot earlier than usual so I can get all my chores done before heading in to the shop.  Since Jaimie has fall break next week, she and DIL Celeste will be going to see the other grandma who lives in one of the Carolinas - I can't remember which one.  This means I will be helping David by taking the dogs out during the day while he is at work.  It also means taking care of the kitties potties since there is no way David is going to do that!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 8:43 PM | Locked

Marie:

took me over an hour to get that little bugger together.  Not sure I'm going to enjoy making this size, will do one more flower and then decide.  Here's a pic.

That looks great, Marie!!!  I'll bet with practice they will go faster.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100
Margaret Weber replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 11:40 PM | Locked

It is amazing how far behind I get on posts when I am not on here everyday.  With the site being so slow it is hard to catch up.

Well this has been a busy week.  First I was sick on Sunday and Monday, really hate my immune system.  Then I was in a quick rush to get registered and enrolled in Northampton Community College Early Childhood Course online.  This school is in Pennsylvania and they actually gave me 6 credits for my Child Deveolpment certification so now I am taking two classes to get the 12 CEUs that all the child development and daycares are so concerned about here.  DH is paying for this and I am so incrediably gratefful for all he has done so far to support my career choice.  California has been so challenging when it comes to getting a job here.  I am nervous about theses courses as school was always so hard for me and I had to fight to barely get through it.  Sure I have a BA in psychology but that took six very long years full of stuggles and barely getting through.  Yes I am proud of that accomplishment but in this new adventure in school scars me as I really do not want to dissapoint DH.  Oh by the way he loves learning and while we were communicating online before we met in person, he took the FE exam, electrical enginerring stuff.  Then shortly after we were married he took the PE exam and passed on his first try thus giving him a professional engineering license.  He has assured me I will be fine and I know I will the classes are going to be fun and he said he will check my work and help me study so I should not be so nervous.

DH has been on use or loss leave since Thursday as he has so many hours to use up.  This means things get done around the house as he uses this time to do projects around the house.  I love it when he is home, funny but I do.  For the most part he does his thing and I do mine but we also do things together.  Today was about fixing doors and such along with just spending time together as today we have been married 4 1/2 years.  Spending the day together was my idea just because we have had so many challenges since moving to California, it was just nice to remind ourselves of what we do have.

Margaret

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 4:01 PM | Locked

cute hexie, marie. you did good

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,669
Points 120,410
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 4:06 PM | Locked

Finally! QCA is back up and running again. Unfortunately, I'd recommended it to another quilter who tried to get on this morning. She called me and asked if she was doing something wrong. When I said they were having ongoing site problems and were working on it, she decided not to join.

Her loss, but I wonder how many QCA is losing because they can't seem to get a handle on the problems.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 4:10 PM | Locked

i bet they are losing a lot of potential members. i wouldn't have joined if i had this much trouble in the beginning.  it was down for hours today and it isn't running real fast now.   i think they should offer a significant discount to returning members for all the down time we have had.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 4:17 PM | Locked

Nancy, I waved as you went passed. You probably didn't see it with that snow blowing in your face, tho. :S

Jr announced that his Bigs have each made a Halloween quilt and it's not fair that he hasn't gotten to do one, so today that is my focus. He's decided that he wants to make a mummy!  Yeah. Sure. I have to figure out how to do all those wraps... OY...  His brother made Frankenstein's monster a few years ago. Next they'll wanna do Dracula and hte Wolfman...

Dd has gone off to the foundry to play wth new toys and molten metal. Her mentor there got a new dental drill. I shudder to think what they are creating with that!! Whatever they get up to, I know she's having lots of fun and learning while she does it.

Ds1 has been on the computer all AM looking at pictures of nebulas and galaxies. I guess space is his new passion. He's nearly finished memorizing hte periodic table, so I guess he's  to shift his focus... The kid leaves me in the dust when it comes to scientific learning!  If I could only just get him to study his spelling and do his math homework....

And sew...Life goes on in our little corner of the world. :)

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,665
JodyS replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 4:22 PM | Locked

The site problems are definitely an issue with me. I just joined Sept. 17th and have experienced too many occasions where the whole site is down or it loads so slowly my hair grew an inch! }: > But seriously, they need to get a handle on it. It can be aggravating and can have a tendency to not be viewed as a professionally run site. Calling webmaster and IT people!

My friend has been quilting for 3 decades and I told her about this site and when she tried to check it out she gave up. I told her to hang in there and hopefully they'll get it solved. As soon as they deal with this I intend to get her signed up.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 4:34 PM | Locked

When I was complaining this a.m., Jim said he wonders why the sponsors of this site are not up in arms about these constant outages. They lose customers and money when we can't get to their goodies. This lessens the appeal of  membership in the site, and could cause people to say BAH! to the sponsors. HAd I not renewed before this started, I would not have now, for sure. I love you all dearly, but in this economy, my money could be better spent someplace else.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,669
Points 120,410
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 4:42 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
I not renewed before this started, I would not have now, for sure. I love you all dearly, but in this economy, my money could be better spent someplace else.

We don't have to be paid members to have access to this site. The paid membership just gives us the extra goodies like 10% discount at Joann's and QNNTV and some other discounts.

I probably won't pay for the premium membership when it comes due in the spring and I'll be sure to let Admin know why. I figure that will be my most effective way of protest.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,409
Points 47,175
Angele replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 4:49 PM | Locked

Agnes:

Caryl Anne:
where the heck is it snowing????

Manitoba, up in Canada, for one place. Started with rain  and as predicted temperatures dropped and it turned to snow. So it's a wet slushy mess out there. Quite a few areas are so thankful for moisture, whatever the form, to put out the wild fires and be able to go home again. There were a few houses lost. Those poor folks have to find a new home. On Sunday we had the most gorgeous warm mid summer temperatures. Today we need to find the winter jackets.

Northwestern Ontario too!  We got up Friday to a blanket of snow.  The kids at school loved  it and rolled big snowballs. By first break most was melted. But it's still near freezing even with the sun out today.  We also need moisture and will take it in any form.  It is so dry that many people with wells are running out of water. There's no moisture for about 30 inches when you dig.  

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,448
Points 176,343
Marie replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 4:55 PM | Locked

Thanks Gini, good for a beginner, I guess.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,448
Points 176,343
Marie replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 4:56 PM | Locked

A lot I'm guessing, Judy.  Just now got on since last night.

Millbury, MA

Page 93 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 91 92 93 94 95 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use