Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 92 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 90 91 92 93 94 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,624
Points 36,865
ls2116 replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 3:47 PM | Locked

In mi. were near 80 one day then plummeting at night to 50s.  no snow yet but the scratchy throat thing is going around.  loading up on popsicles pickles chicken noodle soup and vitamin c... it usually helps me.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 46,655
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 5:18 PM | Locked

Marie:

Today I finished my snowman blocks for the swap, worked more on the backing for my DGS quilt.  Feeling pretty good and very little coughing going on.

Frances, I worked on my 1/2" hex flower last night, took me over an hour to get that little bugger together.  Not sure I'm going to enjoy making this size, will do one more flower and then decide.  Here's a pic.

Sure glad to hear you're feeling better, Marie.

You sure got me beat for size!  The big ones take about the same amount of time but may be easier to hold on to!

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,639
Points 65,320
Bonita replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 5:36 PM | Locked

Marie and Debbie-Do both hexes are look ing good.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 7:33 PM | Locked

Ditto What Bonita said. Y'all are great Hexie makers.

Bad as I felt this a.m., when we went for B-12 #3, we stopped at the City Park for a walk on the way to WalMart. I walked, or Jim drug me one and a half miles. Thought I would die before we were done. Then we saw, and talked to, an 80 year old lady walking. She said she walks everyday...3 miles...all by herself. And, then there was the sweetest man in his wheelchair with his little hot dog dog running along behind him. So, I will do my dead level best to do this every day. Except for the fact that the sewage plant is across the river from the park, it is a pleasent walk along the river...if you HOLD YOUR NOSE!!!! But, a flat walk, beats my road with two steep hills, hands down, stinky or not.

Off to bed. Gotta get up early if I am going to get to the park just after all the teenage drivers are in school. The park is across from the high school and Middle School on the other side. Moms walk after they drop of the ones without drivers licenses.  Oh, and the sweet 80 year old will be there. She was walking this aft. cause she just cound't get out this a.m.

Jim called the handy man this a.m. When he called back late this evening, he said he had cut his hand very badly and will have to put our painting back a week. Which means it won't be done till just before my sister gets here. But, hopefully, he can do it then. I feel bad for him. He is so busy, at this time of year, with everyone trying to get things cleaned up before winter.

Have a quilty night.   Bedtime prayers being said.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 7:47 PM | Locked

Marie, does that teenie tiny hexie flower mean you surgery was a success? I couldn't even hold something that small, much less stitch it!! Way to go!!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 6:47 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

So, I will do my dead level best to do this every day. 

Good for you, Sukochi!  You can do this!  If you keep posting about it, I'm sure you'll be an inspiration to us all.  :)

Raleigh, NC

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 7:13 AM | Locked

Oh Carolyn,

You really need to get that wedding dress cleaned ASAP.  It may not show stains but there are prespiration, skin cells, perfume, anti-perisperant...many thingsthat will set in and even cleaning cannot remove. 

Just FYI, not a criticism, just responding to your thread 10/4 at 10:18 AM

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 8:30 AM | Locked

Thank you, Joni!  :)

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 9:58 AM | Locked

Thanks Debbie.  I think I like your size much better, more to hold onto.  One good thing came of the smaller size, the numbness on my left hand which had the carpal tunnel surgery was not present but the right hand did.  I have that surgery scheduled for the 22nd.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 10:01 AM | Locked

Thanks Bonita, I have to work on my stitching not showing as much.  Any tips out there?

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 10:07 AM | Locked

Thanks Sukochi.  I for one am very proud of you for keeping up your walking regime, you must feel really good about that, not to speak of the benefits you must feel.  I have been trying to get into my walking around my pool several times a day but it's still sporadic.  You inspire me to get out there so keep it up and soon it will be a habit for me as well.

Hope your painting job gets done soon.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 10:10 AM | Locked

Thanks CC.  Yes, the surgery was a success, no numbness and problems hanging onto that small hexie Having the other hand done on the 22nd.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 11:12 AM | Locked

You have inspired me to renew my search for my hexie ruler.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 46,655
Debbie-do replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 11:26 AM | Locked

Marie:

Thanks Debbie.  I think I like your size much better, more to hold onto.  One good thing came of the smaller size, the numbness on my left hand which had the carpal tunnel surgery was not present but the right hand did.  I have that surgery scheduled for the 22nd.

That's great news, Marie!  I wish the numbness would leave my feet after my bunion surgeries!  Not that I sew with my feet or anything... just sayin...   LOL  How long do you have to wait after surgery to be able to sew again?  Are you right handed??

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 12:08 PM | Locked

Debbie, I am right handed and that's the one I'll be having done on the 22nd.  I was able to sew after I had my stitches taken out about 8 days after surgery.  I don't know if that will be the case with my right hand, I'll have to see.  All my commitment sewing is done and I'm hoping to join MQ7,  which should be starting soon.  I'm hoping I can gather fabric for it and get it cut before the 22nd, time will tell if that's possible.  I think I read somewhere it should start mid month,

Millbury, MA

Page 92 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 90 91 92 93 94 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use