Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 91 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 89 90 91 92 93 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 7:39 AM | Locked

CC - you sure did start it! DH & I took 2 vacation days to camp this weekend and now they're calling for a nasty weekend with lows in the 30's! Dang it!! Since I won't let horses stand on a picket line in 30 degree weather, I guess we'll be doing work at home instead. ~sigh~

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 9:03 AM | Locked

I didn't start it, Sheila - Someone else gets the credit for that. All I did was report it. :>P

Poor DH. He's on early shift today. Should have been out the door about the time the kids were getting up, but the battery on his car  was dead. That put him in a good mood right off the bat...

The kids came home yesterday and reported that they were all late to school because the bus was behind schedule. There was hardly any snow in the towns where they go to school, so the route driver didn't know she'd be hitting bad roads in our part of the county, and started at her regular time. The plows weren't out yet (same story). When DD got to school, the power was out. They have to have a certain number of hours in school to get funding for the day, so the kids sat around in the dark and twiddled their thumbs - Teachers can't teach without smart boards. They had cold tuna and cheese sannies for lunch, and were just getting ready for the announcement that they could go home (Buses were already lining up) when the power came back on. There was a whole lot of groaning going on (probably most of it from the teachers, truth be known).

DD takes an on-line class and the sight server has been down all last week. She was supposed to have a test yesterday but with the power out, that was not an option. So She's failing in that class, even tho there's not a thing she can do about any of it. She's worried she'll have to take the class again next year to get full credit and she's annoyed because it's a waste of her time now. Why do these issues always come up AFTER parent teacher conferences??

DH & I barrowed BM1's trailor to get firewood when DB was here. Db hit a foriegn object and dented the rim on one tire. It's been in for repairs for 3 weeks... meanwhile the trailor is here. BM called in a panic last night. He'd just noticed that it wasn't on his lot (observent, huh?) and was worried that it had been stolen.  So DH had to confess our sin against his tire (I wanted to do that the day it happened!). Bossman had a good laugh over it, especially when DH told him that I had been standing there telling my brother that if he did things his way, there was gonna be a problem. BM's reply was  "never argue with a woman - they're ALWAYS right." ....  At least on guy in my universe has things figured out. I wonder how long it took Mrs BM to teach him that?  

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 9:18 AM | Locked

Chocake, I can't imagine the anxiety of borrowing a trailer from your boss, damaging it, and then having to wait 3 weeks for the repair without having said anything.  I'd go crazy.

But then, I still have a wedding dress that I borrowed a year ago now.  I haven't damaged it (well, there was a small snag, but I told her about that) or anything - Just haven't gotten around to having it professionally cleaned and restored and whatnot.

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 10:00 AM | Locked

Mornin' all, Slept in really late this a.m. and didn't enjoy it one bit.

Flu shot has made me royally sick!! Every time this happens, (every time I get a flu shot!), my body does this to me. But, you watch, next year, I will be the first in line for that flu shot. My LM (notice there is no "D" there) always made me get a flu shot, after that China flu came out. I think that's the one. Way back when I was in my late 20's. And, though married and on my own, I did what I was told. If she wasn't already dead......

Almost time for making homemade soup t eat and freeze. Can't wait for that. Yummy.

Found a great board n Pintrest. Quilt tutorials. This lady has lots of quilty stuff on her boards. I will have to get her name for those of you on Pintrest. Do we have many of us n there? I am totally hooked.

Better get cleaned up

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 10:18 AM | Locked

chocake2:

...I didn't start it, Sheila - Someone else gets the credit for that. All I did was report it. :>P...

Ah, CC - sorry to shoot the messenger. I'll forgive you this time.  LOL!

Why is it that the first S^@% of the year always makes folks forget how to drive??

Maybe your DH needs to have that converstation with my DH! 38 years and he still doesn't "get it". No matter how many times he's proven wrong, he persists. Tsk, Tsk.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,273
Points 173,293
Marie replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 12:38 PM | Locked

Sukochi, I had homemade soup as well.  My son who is a health nut made a garlic, tofu, onion, spinach and Japanese noodles soup, to die for!  Just what the Dr. ordered for my cough, which is much better today.

I joined Pintrest but damn if I know how to use it.  I need a visual of how to get around it.  Sometimes I "pin" a name because I liked what I saw and every once in awhile I get an email that she posted something new.  ANYONE INTERESTED IN TEACHING THIS OLD DOG ?

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 1:02 PM | Locked

Sheila:

Ah, CC - sorry to shoot the messenger. I'll forgive you this time.  LOL!

Oh sure...this time. Next time your gonna clobber me, huh?

Sheila:
Maybe your DH needs to have that converstation with my DH! 38 years and he still doesn't "get it".

My Dh don't get it. It's my boss thats figuring things out. I'm hoping it'll rub off on DH... :D

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 1:07 PM | Locked

Sukochi and Marie, it must be something in the air. I dug out a package of round steak this AM and put on a pot of soup. I invited my guys over for "Boiled Bits of Beef" but so far haven't heard a reply. LOL Marie, you are so right. My brother makes a garlic soup that is just to die for and it really does do wonders on a nasty virus. Maybe Sukochi needs a bowl. I think I posted his recipe here..... ?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 1:10 PM | Locked

Carolyn:

Chocake, I can't imagine the anxiety of borrowing a trailer from your boss, damaging it, and then having to wait 3 weeks for the repair without having said anything.  I'd go crazy.

I can assure you that this in NOT a pattern of behavior I am comfortable with. DH has been going crazy trying to get the tire shop to hurry up with the repairs, but theres always some new excuse. They are the only game in town, and they know it.  We knew BM wouldn't be upset over the tire - he'd just get it fixed and go on with his day - but since we broke it, we wanted to fix it.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 1:12 PM | Locked

Marie:

Sukochi, I had homemade soup as well.  My son who is a health nut made a garlic, tofu, onion, spinach and Japanese noodles soup, to die for!  Just what the Dr. ordered for my cough, which is much better today.

I joined Pintrest but damn if I know how to use it.  I need a visual of how to get around it.  Sometimes I "pin" a name because I liked what I saw and every once in awhile I get an email that she posted something new.  ANYONE INTERESTED IN TEACHING THIS OLD DOG ?

No but, if you figure it out, how about passing the word around the rest of the pack??? LOL.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,273
Points 173,293
Marie replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 1:23 PM | Locked

Sheila:
No but, if you figure it out, how about passing the word around the rest of the pack???

ROFLOL  Will do Sheila.

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 1:46 PM | Locked

where the heck is it snowing???? we are having a wonderful day high today just 89 yesterday was still 92, low tonight in the mid 70's. gotta love fall in Texas, except the trees don't change color and i do love to see that. Ii have enjoyed the past week seeing photos of the country changing colors from facebook friends.

FYI anyone interested in a project that needs to find a new home I have posted in the marketplace. a full kit with patterns and fabrics from Patchwork Party Fall 2007 http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/groups/quilters_marketplace/forum/t/35916.aspx  have a look see and let me send this one out of my closet
Have a Blessed Day!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 1:46 PM | Locked

8228.Garlic soup..doc

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,273
Points 173,293
Marie replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 3:18 PM | Locked

Today I finished my snowman blocks for the swap, worked more on the backing for my DGS quilt.  Feeling pretty good and very little coughing going on.

Frances, I worked on my 1/2" hex flower last night, took me over an hour to get that little bugger together.  Not sure I'm going to enjoy making this size, will do one more flower and then decide.  Here's a pic.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,259
Points 28,470
Agnes replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 3:27 PM | Locked

Caryl Anne:
where the heck is it snowing????

Manitoba, up in Canada, for one place. Started with rain  and as predicted temperatures dropped and it turned to snow. So it's a wet slushy mess out there. Quite a few areas are so thankful for moisture, whatever the form, to put out the wild fires and be able to go home again. There were a few houses lost. Those poor folks have to find a new home. On Sunday we had the most gorgeous warm mid summer temperatures. Today we need to find the winter jackets.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Page 91 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 89 90 91 92 93 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use