Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 90 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 88 89 90 91 92 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 6:03 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

Leslie --- how much longer until you can retire?  I highly recommend it.  :o)

12 long years Marge   :(

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 6:46 PM | Locked

Ugh! I feel for you.  You sound like you have a farm going on to with the big garden and livestock.  When do you get time to quilt?

If I wouldn't have been "downsized", I was thinking of working until 70 to get the max SS benefit.  Employer changed all that and I ended up filing for SS at 65 instead after my severance package and unemployment benefits ran out.  DH had planned to do the same but spending 6 months in the hospital took care of that plan.  We would be in trouble if we didn't have his military retirement benefits. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 6:57 PM | Locked

The weather forecast this AM called for an "Agressive Cold Front" to move into our area by this afternoon. We had to go to the city earlier in the day. We laughed as we left our last stop because the thermometer in the car said it was 71 degrees. Ha-ha some cold front... By the time we made it to my work the temp had dropped 5 degrees. Hmmm. There could be something to this...  10 miles further north and the temp was 55 degrees. Right now the clouds are just streaming past the window. Thankfully the wind is all 'up there' and it's pretty calm down here at ground level. They say we might have snow in the AM. Maybe  should go gather up the last of the tomatoes before they get frozen...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 8:24 PM | Locked

Marge, not really a farm I raise chickens, and usually a pig every year to butcher.  but I do most of my sewing during the winter.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,548
Points 177,653
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 8:41 PM | Locked

Boy Nan, it's one thing after another for you.  So sorry, my thoughts and prayers are with you.  one good thing I see is that Maddie's mom is starting to help in a big way, pray that continues.  God Bless.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,452
Points 47,765
Angele replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 7:02 AM | Locked

Nan, I'm so sorry that you are still having health issues.  I'm glad you caught Maddie's reading difficulties early.  Having all your attention she will progress in leaps and bounds.  

Leslie, I too am very frustrated with work.  I just wish I could take a leave for six months or so.  It would give me time to appreciate what I do at work more. I love working with kids it just gets too much sometimes.

to all travelers today, be safe on the road.  Have twice the fun at the retreat for us who can only be there in spirit...

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 8:17 AM | Locked

We have the 4 letter 's' word this AM. About 5-7" of very heavy wet S***.  YaY!! It's Sprout's first s***.  So exciting! It'll do the wild fires west of us a world of good and will help clear the are of all the smoke. I'm looking forward to breathing again.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 9:07 AM | Locked

Nantenn - You're surely having more than your share of troubles! Keeping positive thoughts for you and sending healing vibes your way! Glad you caught the reading problem, too. Isn't it great to see that light bulb? It just lights up their whole being, doesn't it? My DD had written comprehension problems and she didn't "qualify" for help in Ohio or Virginia but, she did in TN and that extra little bit of help did wonders for her. She's now a voracious reader!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 9:10 AM | Locked

chocake2:

We have the 4 letter 's' word this AM. About 5-7" of very heavy wet S***.  YaY!! It's Sprout's first s***.  So exciting! It'll do the wild fires west of us a world of good and will help clear the are of all the smoke. I'm looking forward to breathing again.

ACK!!! We had such a mild winter last year here that I recently told a co-worker this one will begin before Halloween and last until Memorial Day (probably!).

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 9:17 AM | Locked

Ginny:

I got mine in late August.  My Dr had just gotten them in her office the day before.  I just hope it lasts the whole season.   Ginny

Got mine the last week of September at the Doc's. I don't feel the "warm & fuzzy" going to the drug store for a shot. Just seems wierd to me. Knock on wood, I haven't had the flu since the year my niece (infant at the time) brought us the flu from He!! at Thanksgiving. Since she's getting ready to graduate high school, that's certainly a good accolade for them IMHO. I haven't even really had a cold since then. A few sniffles but, nothing full blown - definitely needed to knock on wood for that comment! Of course, it helps that I'm not usually around school age/day care kids.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 9:28 AM | Locked

Retire??? Oh, how I wish! It scares me that DH will retire (again... since he's already retired from Uncle Sam's Canoe Club {aka US Navy}) before me. He's the world's most vigorous procrastinator. I'm at the point in my job where I'm ready to walk. The Temp agencies will pay me almost as much as I make here and I don't have to worry about staying late, coming in early, working weekends...just saying.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,548
Points 177,653
Marie replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 11:05 AM | Locked

I'm happy for Sprout and you CC but not Kris.  Block your eyes Kris!  : )

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 12:00 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

Nan - the shop is open until 4 on Sat.  There are plenty of hotels around McDonough. 

Sukochi - are you going to the Quilt show with Nan and Maddie?  Nope, my DS will be here for only three days. Her bi-annual vsit to me. We plan to go on Thurs. and go to see the Southern Living Idea House in Senoia, on Friday. Figure the quilt show won't be quite as crowded on Thurs. hat will probably be a wrong assumption on my part, but what the hay.

Got a call this a.m. that shook my world. The Hematologist that I see is going to give 4 injections of Ferheme. It treats iron deficiency anemia in patients with chronic kidney disease. Cost of these injections is 153.00............EACH. nd, the surgery coming up. I told Jim to just take me out back and shoot me. It would be cheaper. 

CC...S___! Already? Really? Oh, my!  It is cool here today but a high pressure system is coming in so, maybe, that will ruin the cool temps of Fall, for awhile.Well, out won't be so bad. Lower 80's. and Sunday, it will be 68 in Atlanta, which means our temps will be a bit lower then that. Sweater for church for sure, Sunday.

Off to Library. Got a cal that a book, of Jim's, is over due. And to get the third B-12 injection. Fun!!  It is embarrassing to get a past due fee when I was an employee at the Library. I should know better.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 12:00 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

Nan - the shop is open until 4 on Sat.  There are plenty of hotels around McDonough. 

Sukochi - are you going to the Quilt show with Nan and Maddie?  Nope, my DS will be here for only three days. Her bi-annual vsit to me. We plan to go on Thurs. and go to see the Southern Living Idea House in Senoia, on Friday. Figure the quilt show won't be quite as crowded on Thurs. hat will probably be a wrong assumption on my part, but what the hay.

Got a call this a.m. that shook my world. The Hematologist that I see is going to give 4 injections of Ferheme. It treats iron deficiency anemia in patients with chronic kidney disease. Cost of these injections is 153.00............EACH. nd, the surgery coming up. I told Jim to just take me out back and shoot me. It would be cheaper. 

CC...S___! Already? Really? Oh, my!  It is cool here today but a high pressure system is coming in so, maybe, that will ruin the cool temps of Fall, for awhile.Well, out won't be so bad. Lower 80's. and Sunday, it will be 68 in Atlanta, which means our temps will be a bit lower then that. Sweater for church for sure, Sunday.

Off to Library. Got a cal that a book, of Jim's, is over due. And to get the third B-12 injection. Fun!!  It is embarrassing to get a past due fee when I was an employee at the Library. I should know better.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,452
Points 47,765
Angele replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 6:54 AM | Locked

Hey CC, they are predicting some in our neck of the woods including northern  and I think north central Minnesota for today and tomorrow.  I'm not really ready for that Asia do outside supervision at school in am and pm.  I need warm boots.

have fun with the s%#€...

Angèle  from NWO

Page 90 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 88 89 90 91 92 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use