Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 89 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 87 88 89 90 91 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 4:00 PM | Locked

Oh happy day, Went to CVS and picked up the B-12 for my injections. Went to Dr. office and got the first shot. I have to give myself, or Jim has to give me, the last tow shots. Not excited about that. After I get the 7 shots in a row, then have 1 shot a week for a month then 1 each month. I have ask our Dr. to give me B-12 for years. It just gives you so much energy. 

Came home to find one squishie in the mailbox. My block from Elaine. Thanks, E. Two quilt mags and my new book by Jennie Allen, who is the creator of the current  study the Weds. night ladies Bible study doing. this is Anything: The Prayer That Unlocked My God and My Soul. Can't wait to start it.

Also, had an attempted attack by Satan, which God stopped in in it's tracks. I love when that happens. Jesus shut the door!

What a blessed day. Hope y you all have had a blessed day also.

Barbara has Thea safely arrived to your door?

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 4:58 PM | Locked

OOOfta. what a day.

Kids started the AM off on the wrong foot. Mom fallowed suit and lost her temper.  I got them to the bus but not without tears and frustration. Sprout was the opitamy of crabby baby this morning." Don't set me down. Don't feed me. Don't change my diaper. Why aren't you feeding me? Walk me! Rock me. Feed me!...."  It took two hours to get my morning coffee.

When I went to bed last night the house was neat. Then Hubby came home from work...   I got up to dirty dishes and newspapers scattered hither and yon, and dirty clothes and wet towels heaped where they landed.  Then the kids added to it with their morning rush. THAT took forever to straighten up while trying to cope with my royal  prince poopy pants.  *Sigh*... He finally went back to bed and I dashed to the PO to get th bills mail before they were late and ended up listening to every gripe my neighbors have ever had. When I came home, Hubby and Baby were sitting on the sofa, glaring at me. How dare I leave them both sleeping peacefully to run errands?!  The very idea....

And that was just the morning... 

Oh, did I mention that when I made the middle of the night pit stop last night, the bathroom floor was wet? I assumed it was residual damp from the boys taking showers and tracking puddles. Then this AM, DD screamed because one of her brothers missed the potty (A very rare occurance--they are house broken, after all).  When I finally got to use the  facility after they'd all departed, there was a rather large puddle next to the toilet. Odd... I mopped it up and gave it no more thought until I returned from errands and went in to tidy up...and that dang puddle was back!! When i told DH that bit of news, he errupted with a stream of obsenities like I haven't heard in a while. The silly man though he was gonna have a peaceful day off...!! Tomorrow we'll replace the wax seal on the toilet.

Last week when I took some things down to the cellar I noticed a joist showing serious strain issues. So as long as he was cussing anyway, I drug him to the basement and pointed it out. Poor man. He hates it when I am right. ...So, while we were in town buying the wax seal for the toilet he got a floor jack... Funny how much more solid the floor feels now that it has some support! Himself cussed the expense, but I suspect that that little repair is probably gonna save us a fortune in other small repairs over time.

On the way home we stopped off at the shop to tell bossman why Dh wouldn't be spending his days off digging dinos, and found him cussing a blue streak. He wasn't havin g a good day either. In fact, he was about to call Dh and tell him that work in the quarrie was postponed due to his own crisis. LOL While they discussed that I ended up taking a passle of tourist through the gallery (better then having them stare at the frustrated paleodudes!) So much for being closing the museum for the season yesterday. Ah well, I enjoyed them. They were a neat bunch of folks, and very apreciative of me opening up just for them.  

I wish I were in Leavenworth....

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,452
Points 176,393
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 5:09 PM | Locked

CC, hope you have a better day tomorrow, sounds like you'd get a rest in Leavenworth, either one of them at this point.  : )

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 5:11 PM | Locked

Well made it thru work today, it was tough being off for 7 weeks then going back.  when It came time for my nap I thought I would cry lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 5:43 PM | Locked

How about if we visit your shop on sat afternoon? How late do you work? We could spend sat night closer to your shop.

Nan

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,545
Points 51,265
Ginny replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 8:08 PM | Locked

Ohh poor CC. Sounds like bad day.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 10:18 PM | Locked

Had the first B-12 shot. then went to CVS and had a flu shot while there to pick up more meds. While the pharmacist was giving me the shot, serum just spewed everywhere. Bad syringe. But he got a bit under the skin. They gave me another shot. I have a terrible headache. Flu shots do make me feel bad for awhile. But, I don't think they have live flu in them anymore. Must be a mental thing, I just know it will make me feel bad, so it does. Does any one else have flu shots?

Oh, I didn't tell y'all, but, after this hiatal hernia surgery, I can no longer vomit...ever. What you do about that when you have the stomach flu, I have no idea.

Went to bed but this headache is bothering me so that i had to get up. Tylenol to the rescue.

Sukochi

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 12:23 AM | Locked

More health issues..I certainly am being tested. I lost wt so old c/s scar became a loose skin fold and after 27!!!! years has decided to try to open it self and be infected!. Went to doc last week got antibiotic cream and meds for yeast but it is getting worse so going to another dr tomorrow as mine is on vacation. It is acting like MRSA ( super staph) it also has my rt ring finger infected at nail.

Tired of this one crisis after the other. home school still doing well. She is so far behind in reading and writing I have no idea while she was not getting special classes. She di actually sound out some words today on her own and you could see the lightbulb go on over her head.

Now crafting, sewing, quilting, painting, even playing music on IPAD..she does so well. She wants to do appliqued quilts now.

I am getting the word out about her charity..another family with home fire that belongs to our home school umbrella.. getting details. Her mom has started to help out moreand we have sorta started taking turns cooking dinner, never discussed it..just happened. She runs to do errands for me all the time. And she has started to read with Maddie in evening. Huge help!!

Nan

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 8:20 AM | Locked

Sorry you are having all this trouble with that scar. That my be terrible.

So great about how well Maddie is doing. that is just great news. Give her a big hug from me.

Guess you will be able to donate some of the quilts you have received now. 

Have a blessed day. Tell Maddie I am so proud of her.  It is great that DIL is stepping up to the plate.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,545
Points 51,265
Ginny replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 1:09 PM | Locked

Nann, I am so sorry to hear that you now are having some infection problems.  That is certainly nothing to be ignored.

I am glad that Maddie's Mom is a help to you and that Maddie is coming along wll with her home schooling.   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 2:03 PM | Locked

Actually worked in the sewing room this morning.  Making better progress on putting our quilt top together now that I am working with the right layout that I drew.  Yesterday when I started I grabbed the wrong one and was sewing the blocks together wrong.  Luckily I caught it when I started on the second row.  Threw away all of the "reject" layouts now so I won't make that mistake again.  Decided to take a little break and work on some other things.  There are multiple parts to the quilt and my brain was getting tired of thinking.  :o)

It has been a ton of fun lurking at Leavenworth!  Tomorrow Iowa starts so we get to lurk at two retreats!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 2:06 PM | Locked

Sukochi - I haven't bit the bullet and gotten a flu shot yet.  I usually get one and so far haven't had any adverse reactions other than my arm being a bit sore.  Dave can't take them since his bout with GBS.  I figure I should probably get one seeing as I am working with the public now.  I sure don't need to bring the flu home to Dave!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 2:07 PM | Locked

Leslie --- how much longer until you can retire?  I highly recommend it.  :o)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 2:09 PM | Locked

Nan - the shop is open until 4 on Sat.  There are plenty of hotels around McDonough. 

Sukochi - are you going to the Quilt show with Nan and Maddie?

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,545
Points 51,265
Ginny replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 2:14 PM | Locked

I got mine in late August.  My Dr had just gotten them in her office the day before.  I just hope it lasts the whole season.   Ginny

Page 89 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 87 88 89 90 91 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use