Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 86 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 84 85 86 87 88 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 115
Points 2,475
Clare replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 8:52 PM | Locked

Barbara:
Thea is coming Monday ,Elaine will be here Tuesday morning .we are gonna hit some of the quilt shops in North Missouri before we leave for Iowa

Have fun ladies & try to behave yourselves! LOL you should all have a blast & don't spend too much money in the shops lol

Barbara:
So I need to do the foreign words called  dust  and clean

Thea make sure you take some white gloves & check out that Barbara really has done the dusting.

Barabara I am sure that Thea, Elaine & you will be too busy chatting etc to notice if you have dusted. Plus housework is so overrated!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 3:43 AM | Locked

I'll say,  Clean enough for health, messy enough for comfort.  Thats my motto.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 7:36 AM | Locked

Vivian :

Vivian, I love your motto.  Think ill make a quilt out of it...llotto all quilt retreaters be safe on the roads. We will be praying for you all. Have fun, laugh lots oh yeah! And don't forget pictures...lots of them and who will be the journalist this time?

I'll be thinking of you all while I'm at work.  

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 10:01 AM | Locked

Clare ,I laughed till I had tears . to funny and I can tell you now I'd fail the white glove test.. LOL  I am just not a house keeper ,My late hubby and I use to have serious discussion about that. He was a pack rat too ..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 10:55 AM | Locked

Barbara, we must be related!  I always have better things to do besides cleaning.  It is usually waaaay down at the bottom of my list.  Have fun at the retreat.  Give Thea a hug for me as we'll as to everyone else.  I am counting the days...no years till I can go to a retreat with you all.  Please keep the pictures and the comments coming.

safe travels.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 11:10 AM | Locked

Angele ,you will make it one day just keep tellling yourself that ,I want to go to all of them ,but can't afford it .  but you will get there I know it .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 11:50 AM | Locked

Thea - Great Halloween decorations.  My older son and wife decorate for Halloween too.  I can see why the huge cat freaked your cats out!!!  :o)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 11:59 AM | Locked

Susie:
Today I am cleaning out my office.  I was told yesterday that I have been restructured
So sorry to read this Susie.  i was "down-sized" in 2009 and had to teach different portions of what I did to 5 or 6 different people.  My boss hated it when corporate told them that I was being let go.  She knew that I did a whole lot more for her than just purchase the chemicals for manufacturing.  I had already taken over the work of two other people that had been downsized over the years.  I hope you will be able to find something quickly and not have to go through the hassle of relocating.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 1:00 PM | Locked

chocake2:
His teacher sent him home with a clarinet this week with instructions to practice it in his room with the door closed
Be thankful CC.  David Jr played the TUBA!!!  That probably wouldn't fit in DS1 bedroom.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 1:01 PM | Locked

Vivian :

I used to have a plaque that said "My house is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy."

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 1:20 PM | Locked

I've been messing with a nasty headache today so DH "cooked" lunch.  He went up to the Subway and got some $5 footlongs.  I ate half of my meatball sub and put the rest in the fridge for supper. 

Since I didn't feel up to going to church, I listened to an online sermon this morning from the church up the road from us.  I am beginning to like his sermons more than my "regular' church.  Union Baptist is even a lot closer than going into town to 2nd Baptist. Hmmmm

It has been a crazy week.  Monday Dave took me out to lunch at Graffiti - a great pizza place - and said "As long as we are so close, let's go and check out this car dealership".  Well - you have probably guessed it.......  We now have a new car sitting in the garage.  So be warned - if your hubby says something like that - RUN!

Tuesday I had to drop off the title for our trade-in on the way to a "class" at the shop with Jodi Barrows.  While I was waiting for the class to begin, I bought the "rest of the bolt" of two bolts of fleece that we have had sitting in clearance for several months.  I will turn the fleece into blankets for Project Linus and pillows for fur babies.  The "class' with Jodi was GREAT.  She does the square in a square ruler stuff.  Such wonderful quilts!  Spent entirely too much money.  :o)  For you Civil War repo fabric fans, she has some great fabrics, especially to use for your quilt backs.  While showing us her quilts and techniques, she regaled us with wonderful historical stories.  

I worked Weds. and Sat. this past week.  Both days started out REALLY slow but then we got so busy.  Didn't get lunch yesterday until almost 1:30.  Ken was a happy camper yesterday --- an Avanti with a 12" table went out our backdoor with a couple who drove up from Florida.  He had talked to them last weekend at the show in Jacksonville.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 1:25 PM | Locked

I too get very frustrated with this site at times.  If they don't find a way to solve these issues, they are going to find a lot of folks not renewing their memberships.  i would hate to see the demise of the site.  I have made so many online friends.  I would miss "talking" to them and hearing what they have been doing. Also would miss seeing all of their beautiful handiwork - even though most of the time my comments won't post on the show and tell link.  :o(

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,363
Points 242,372
Thea replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 2:59 PM | Locked

Marge - that is the truth - where would we go and find our friends - I do not like Facebook for this type of conversation.  I just wish whatever the problem is that they could tell us once in a while something - give us an update - or just explain what is happening.

They would lose a lot of people paying for the site if they keep having problems - why pay when you can't get on... 

I have met so many wonderful women through this site and had so much fun - the retreats - all the groups that we learn different things from... I was just starting to think about joining in and doing the next paper pieced quilt with the ladies - but when you can't get on it gets frustrating.  

On a nicer note... I am resting today - I have my car almost totally packed - just have to pack up those last minute things that have to wait - the cooler - the computer - my hair stuff...lol... my travel cell phone which is charging - we only use it when we travel - and those other few things like that... 

I am excited to be AT Barbara's house tomorrow... Just as soon as Jay puts the cooler in the car in the morning when he gets ready to leave for work - I will be on the road... on the road again!!!  So today - I am resting - feet up - nothing else to do!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 3:22 PM | Locked

Oh Thea I can hardly wait  I'm so excited you are coming ,Paul and I have been cleaning most of the day ,I didn't have any idea just how messy this house was ,,I'm ashamed of myself.Afarid  I'm not gonna get it all done so you will have to put up with some of the mess LOL . I haven't done a thing with packing ,Guess I'll work on that later today.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 3:30 PM | Locked

Very special day for me today. See picture. I am truly blessed to have God in my life....and Cornerstone Church also.

The little short guy is Ron, our Pastor. I was so afraid he would let go of me. But, he hung on. An Elder prayed for the 4 of us who were Baptized this afternoon. He said that this week is going to be the worst week we have had. We made Satan very angry at us and he will do all he can to get us back. He will trow everything he knew of us, at us. But, we have God in us, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. We will just call them for help. 

Went to another church to do this as our church goes to the lake and I refused to do that. I wanted clean, clorinated water. The church we went to has been the church of my 2ND great grandparents almost all their lives. Now, that is special that I was baptized there.

Other than that, it is a really quiet, peaceful day.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 80
Page 86 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 84 85 86 87 88 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use