Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 85 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 83 84 85 86 87 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 9:22 AM | Locked

Linda:
Sukochi, it reminds me of poison sumac. Have you gotten a rash from it? Not everyone is allergic to it

Nope, it is Strawberry Bush. Of that I am sure.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,495
Points 47,945
Frances replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 9:24 AM | Locked

Sukochi,

You have a tough week packing chocolates when you have too many orders and not enough staff.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,524
Points 50,990
Ginny replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 9:28 AM | Locked

Who hoo, Barbara. That is so exciting.  I'm sure you will whip thru that dusting and cleaning in no time flat.  I know that I get extra adrenaline juices flowing when I am excited to have visitors coming and whip thru it fast because I think I have so much to do.  Then I'm suprised when I get done so fast.  LOL    Enjoy your time with Thea and Elaine.  I'm jealous, especially with you stopping at the quilt shops on the way.  Are you going tostop at Missouri Star quilt shop?  That one is on my to do list.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,346
Points 241,972
Thea replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 9:33 AM | Locked

Barbara:

Today I have to get my house ready for my house guest coming Monday and Tuesday . Or at least make it presentable  LOL  Thea is coming Monday ,Elaine will be here Tuesday morning .we are gonna hit some of the quilt shops in North Missouri before we leave for Iowa , OH fun fun,   So I need to do the foreign words called  dust  and clean . Ha ha .. Then I need to get my stuff packed up ,so it will all be done . WE should have lots of fun. I'm also trying to actually get some quilting done on some of the quilts I have waiting,to be finished .  So I have a busy day in store for me..

I will start packing the car today!  I still have to make the lasagna - just couldn't get it done last night - I did get the chicken cheesey enchiladas done and ladies you are lucky if I get out of the house with them... I made a small pan to go along with the big one and DH ate 3 helpings and that small dish was gone and he was hungrily looking at the large pan - so I quickly put it in the freezer... he'll just have to wait till I get back home for some more.  Knew I should have made it and had it frozen before he saw it...teehee...

So - I am going to actually rest most of today - just make the lasagna - then have DH help me pack the car tomorrow - all is ready to go in - just a matter of doing it...and I think it is best if I rest today and tomorrow so I have all the energy stored up for this next week... I am so ready in my mind to go - wish my dang body would cooperate.

I wish the most fun to all those going to Washington!  And yes want tons of pictures!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,524
Points 50,990
Ginny replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 9:33 AM | Locked

What is the distance from your new place in Mi to NW Chicago area?   I sure am glad that I don't have to do that drive every weekend like your DH does.  I guess it would be worth it to go to that fabric shop.  LOL   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 9:37 AM | Locked

Ginny OH yeah that shop is at the top of the list.  I go there often as I don't live to far .but its still a good 45min drive for me. We have a lot of nice little shops around here in the outlying towns that are real nice.  So we are not hurting for shops . at all .. As to cleaning , I'm not a housekeeper ,I worked all my life so house keeping was never a top priority for me .I keep it clean most of the time but now that i'm quilting I have no where to put anything .I love in a very old house with absolutely no storage. I have no basement .garage or attic to put anything ,I have lots of totes sitting aorund and no place to put them. I have two tiny itty bitty closets .and that is it.OH well its home and I love it ..LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 9:48 AM | Locked

Sounds like everyone has pleasant weekend plans. I'll be heading out the door shortly to go to work. Now that the season is fast coming to an end, all of a sudden the guys are throwing  me more hours then I know what to do with. My sinus cold seems to be loosening it's grip...pray it continues to improve.

Whatever your plant is, Sukochi, its sure pretty. Love those colors! Lime green,  berry red and cinnamon brown would make a pretty quilt, don'tcha think?

Heard last night that the "landlord" has been moved from ICU to general hospital care and there's talk of moving him to the VA hospital later this week. He's going to need considerable phys therapy.

Now I had better get my breakfast eaten and gather my things to face the day. I useually take along a hand sewing project for the quiet times at the desk. *Sigh* last year I complained because I was in the middle of a move. This year I can't get much hand work done on account of the bundle of giggles I am packing around... My blessings are just so inconvienet sometimes. ;-D

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 9:50 AM | Locked

Thea ,I can just see Jay scarfing down the enchiladas ,to funny,  Tell him we'll all take good care of them LOL, and we appreciate his sacrifice . Yes get some rest today . I think we are both gonna need it . I'll do mine on Sunday so I can watch football .I need to call you later with directions to my house ,its not hard at all . but I let you know then.  I can hardly wait I'm so excited your coming .. up ..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,524
Points 50,990
Ginny replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 10:03 AM | Locked

I know what those itty bitty closets are.  My grandmother had 2 bedrooms with a closet in each one, but you couldn't even hang a hanger in there as they weren't deep enough.  My Grandfather built a fairly good sized room on the back, it held a good sized wardrobe that he built and hooks for his work clothes and a stairway to the basement.  The house originally had an outside cellar door to the basement, which he just included and took the trap door off. I sure don't know how they raised 5 kids there.   Ginny

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 702
Points 11,565
Bev replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 11:07 AM | Locked

Reading about the closets reminded me of the house I grew up in. It did not have any closets, only one chifferobe (?)  and it was small. My Parents had 6 children so we must of not had very many clothes because I don't know where we put them...lol

from TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 11:16 AM | Locked

WOW Bev must have been tuff on your mother . I understnd that closest weren't used much in these old houses ,but for us today its awful .but then I'm a pack rat and I keep everything  LOL 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 702
Points 11,565
Bev replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 11:17 AM | Locked

Hi Barbara,

I know you guys will have a great time on your road trip. Hope MSQC has a good daily deal when you visit there. That is one shop I would love  to visit someday.

As for housework remember Thea's motto no worry no stress....

Here is to a good and safe trip for all of you!!!

Bev

from TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 11:22 AM | Locked

thanks Bev, If you ever get this way and want to go let me know ,I'm close and a good stop off point.  and I'm aways willing to take folks there ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 702
Points 11,565
Bev replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 12:28 PM | Locked

Hi Gini,

i was reading post from yesterday about chickens and eggs (which did come first?) and I didn't grow up on a farm but we did have chickens and it was my job to gather eggs and feed chickens which I loved to do. Good thing I did not have my brothers job which was ..oh take a guess ??

Bev

from TN

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 8:06 PM | Locked

I'm right there with you Barbara. We have 2 small closets in this house. I tease Ds1 that altho his room is small at least it's not a broom closet. He says a broom closet would be bigger.  His room is a converted sunporch and it's just wide enough for his dresser and a bed... and he loves it!

His teacher sent him home with a clarinet this week with instructions to practice it in his room with the door closed. He said he can't close the door - He doesn't have a door. The teacher told him not to lip off and to just sit in his room and play. Then she went on to lecture about posture and how to sit in his chair while he played. He said he doesn't have a chair in his room. She told him to barrow one from the table. He explained that he can't because there's no room for a chair in his room. he came home nearly in tears because she was so mean about it.  This is a child who wants to do thngs exactly as instructed so it never occured to him that he could just practice in the front room. The teacher said he had to go to his own room, and by gum that's what he's supposed to do! He was so upset and confused... Poor guy.  ...Incidently, the kid seems to have considerably more musical talent then his folks.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 85 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 83 84 85 86 87 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use