Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 80 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 78 79 80 81 82 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Points 30,250
Diana replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 8:01 AM | Locked

Thank you Thea for that idea.   I wanted a machine that has that needle-down option because it takes the strain off the shoulder having to reach all the time.  Arthritis and tendonitis can be flared up really fast with that motion if I'm sewing for a long time.   I'll take a look at Walmart the next time I'm in there.

We're waiting for the next update on FIL.  DH is mowing while I man the phones.  His dad was taken with pneumonia on Wed. night or early Thurs.  He had a bout of de-fib yesterday so he's now on a heart monitor as well.  He just wants to go but he claims MIL won't let him because she doesn't want to be alone.  It's a really sad situation.  Dad keeps holding on even after his daughters have told him that she won't be alone, they will all make sure she's taken care of.  We live 800 miles away so it's hard for us to just sit by the phone.  That's why we went up there for 2 weeks in late July and Aug.  He also has cancer which is spreading so we know it won't be long now.  We're both packed and ready to go at a moment's notice.  DH can't drive those kind of distances so it's both of us going.  Thank goodness I have a housekeeper that is local and she has keys to my house so she can take care of fur babies at a moment's notice too.  Thanks for listening to my jibberish. 

Diana(Bink) in East Tn.  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 8:31 AM | Locked

I love this site, but I have about reached my limit with the problems it has been having.   Some days it will work just fine then the next you can't get on and if you do it takes forever to load the threads hard to get into the groups, it is really starting to get on my last nerve.   Now I have found when you try to email admin, it goes to a site called    FOGBUGZ and they give you a case number, but then you never get a response from anyone.

You know it has been doing this for a while now And I don't understand what is taking so long to get it fixed.  This is the only site I have trouble with, It is almost like they have got a big virus.  who knows, can't even get any info from FACEBOOK now.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 65
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 798
Points 12,294
Joan L. replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 8:37 AM | Locked

Leslie, I agree with you. Enough is enough. Right?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,041
Points 169,863
Marie replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 9:02 AM | Locked

Thea, your display is so fun!  My neighbor decorates on a big scale for Halloween and she'd be green with envy if she saw this.  Everyone going by your home will have a smile on their face.  I'm a kid at heart as well, you go girl. 

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,041
Points 169,863
Marie replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 9:06 AM | Locked

Gini, I remember that incident, happened in day care, poor child.  

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,373
Points 48,745
Ginny replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 9:07 AM | Locked

Well, I had to call them last week because I was using my old computer and couldn't remember my sign on name or password.  Someone answered right away and helped me and I was back in business immediately.   The only problem I forsee is that I will have forgotten what I signed on with on the new computer when I get it back. LOL   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 9:08 AM | Locked

Ginny, too funny lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,041
Points 169,863
Marie replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 9:09 AM | Locked

Linda, sweetie, you need to stay on your feet, now more falls for you.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,041
Points 169,863
Marie replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 9:13 AM | Locked

Susie, I'm so sorry you are being let go from your job, not fair.  Wishing you good luck in your new job search.  T&P coming your way.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,041
Points 169,863
Marie replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 9:25 AM | Locked

I hear you Leslie, I wasn't able to get anywhere yesterday, it was so slow.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 9:27 AM | Locked

gini:
  They cut out the bad part of the tube, reconnected it and put a shunt over it.   They will go bAck and remove the shunt in a month

shunts work well.   Glad that is all he needed.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 9:30 AM | Locked

Diana, it is not your FIL or MIL's decision when he will pass. It is God's decision. When we die is predestined. When God gives us life, He also has our date to return Home on the books. It is so hard on those left behind. But, when ever I have someone close, I first think of what they are seeing now, where they are. Give this advise to both of them.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 9:37 AM | Locked

I bet I have 500 crows, out in my pecan trees, right now all cawing,  giving me the heebeegeebees, reminds of the movie, THE BIRDS, don't want to walk outside afraid they might attack LOL

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,041
Points 169,863
Marie replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 9:41 AM | Locked

Just remembered, I won an eBook from Stitch This.  I answered the Quirky Question of the week, "If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the title of that book be?"  I entered, "How Quilting Saved my Sanity."  I chose "Quilts From Grandmother's Garden".  How cool is that, my winning?

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 9:42 AM | Locked

Susie:

If anyone hears of a payroll position, please let me know! (I am open to relocating)

Thanks!

I don't know if Fresenius has any openings posted now, but seems they are always hiring.  Just google and you can look at postings by state or position I think.  Most of payroll/financial is done out of Tennessee or Texas,  I think.  But there may be jobs open in other states for similar positions as well. 

Fresenius is I think now the largest dialysis company in the world.  and continually growing.  And from my opinion, their payroll department could really use some help.  They forgot to pay me for 6 weeks.  When I temporarily went to full time, I went from hourly to salaried, (so they could have me work 50 hours and get paid 40)  And since our pay stubs are electronic I didn't know until it was almost too late.  I could have had a lot of bouncing checks.

The next biggest company is Davita.  Some of these big companies have websites just for hiring.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 80 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 78 79 80 81 82 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use