Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 79 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 77 78 79 80 81 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 2:48 PM | Locked

susie, i'm sorry to hear this,  good luck on a job search.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,580
Points 51,740
Ginny replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 3:47 PM | Locked

Oh Darn it , Susie--well you had a feeling something was in the works didn't you.  I can't offer any jobs, but I can pray that you find something really fabulous --- real soon so you can thumb your nose back at this job.   Good luck girl.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 3:48 PM | Locked

Susie, I'm so sorry I remember when you were telling about training this person you had a feeling this might happen

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 8:00 PM | Locked

I'm sorry Susie. Had you thought of looking in North Dakota? With the oil boom htere, you might find something. Praying you find yourself in a better possition soon.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 8:13 PM | Locked

My day: Thought I'd have a nice quiet afternoon to catch up on chores before going back to work tomorrow. I got the floors mopped, the vaccuuuming out of the way and the shower cleaned...and then the phone rang. Bossman2 was in a panic because I wasn't there (Was I OK!??) . Guess who forgot to tell me that he needed me to come in today...  Nope. not enough stress going around. We better heap some more on and up the chaos quotient while we're at it.  Anyway, I did a quick change act from Mommy the Maid to Super Desk Girl! Dunt-ta-ta!!!!! Here I come to save the day>>>>>   While i was covering for Precious, she came in moaning about how horribly sick she was ("Even my eyes hurt!") She looked a fright, but I doubt it was contagious.!!  By the end of my shift, I was sick. Mine is a virus, I am sure. Jr came home witht he sniffles last Friday. Now it's my turn. I am hoping that it passes quickly.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 8:20 PM | Locked

Diana:
Today I'm going to start looking for a new travel sewing machine.  After trying to lift my Bernina last month, think I need something a bit lighter....ya think??

My dream too, Diana.  My back's okay, but I hate lugging around such a heavy machine and I live in fear of damaging it while traveling.  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 8:24 PM | Locked

Oh Susie that bites ,You had a feeling , shame on them .. I hope you find something soon .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 8:32 PM | Locked

You might consider Chattanooga and area slightly north, northeast. Several big companies adding workers and the are building onto VW plant they opened last year. Salaries are very different,mostlylowerbutsomeco are higher like VW. No state income tax, housing is less,otherwise about average. PM me if you want anymore info.

Nan

Cleveland, TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,452
Points 47,765
Angele replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 8:32 PM | Locked

So sorry to hear that Susie.  As for jobs, my friend had to relocate and move north in the oil sands sites so she could get a job where she could still pay her house and live.  I hope you will be one of the lucky ones to get a job soon. And one you will like! 

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,561
Points 246,192
Thea replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 8:49 PM | Locked

Susie:

Today I am cleaning out my office.  I was told yesterday that I have been restructured and the new HR Generalist will be handling the payroll on a part-time basis going forward.  They have a plan for me to work part-time for the next four weeks, and then I will receive two weeks severance.

But in the meantime, I'm gonna be searching hard for something new.  If anyone hears of a payroll position, please let me know! (I am open to relocating)

Thanks!

Susie, I am so sorry that this is happening to you!  I do not know of any payroll jobs because I am retired but I sure will put my ear to the ground - I think one of my older friends works that kind of job and from what she has told me they can't keep good people working there - she is 70 and was only supposed to work 2 days a week but they keep getting her to work more and most weeks she ends up working almost every day unless she puts her foot down.  

I don't know what you think about Enid Oklahoma though - being a quilter - there are no quilting stores in town and the closest are 20 miles away - we don't have a Michaels or a JoAnn's or a Hancock's - most of the stuff I buy is from online stores.  

Martha works for an Oil firm called Complete Produce... You might check them out online - I am not sure if they have an online site or not but you could try.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 8:51 PM | Locked

I'm in your neck of the woods today, CC.  We were on the road for 13 hours traveling through MN, N.Dakota, and as far as Big Timber, Montana.  Saw this dinosaur museum and thought of you...

Seems really dry in Montana.  Kept seeing signs for all natural, no hormones, no antibiotic, grass-fed angus, but we didn't see any green grass or any angus.  Noticed a smoky haze in the air, too - the Washington wildfires?

There were plenty of exits from the freeway, but as the gas tank got lower and lower, we were alarmed to see that so many of them said "No services."  You'll understand, then, that as the tank hit empty, we were delighted to at least find this station...

Except for the shack the cashier sat in, that is the whole entire station.  No other pumps, no restrooms, no snacks.  Beggars can't be choosers!

We'll be back on the road again early tomorrow a.m.  Darn, Montana is a l-o-n-g state!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,561
Points 246,192
Thea replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 8:54 PM | Locked

Diana - if you are looking for a small machine that is inexpensive but a workhorse and doesn't weight that much - check out the Brother 270D - it is an embroidery/sewing machine - has needle down and has the thread cutter - it is small - weighs between 2 and 5 lbs.  It has a sweet stitch but you can't do any quilting of quilts as it has a very small throat - they sell for about $400 in Wal-mart - but I have bought a couple of them on E-bay for $200-$300.  It does a 4x4 embroidery - no bigger - but I didn't buy it for the embroidery - I did buy one for that to give to my best friend in NY and she used it a lot before she left here... now her SIL has it and loves it too.  It also is a little workhorse.  has quite a few stitches on it and comes with a few feet - I can't remember if it comes with the 1/4" foot or not but think that it does - but don't quote me on that... 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 11:55 PM | Locked

Susie, I'm sorry you'll be out of a job soon.   That was one of my great reliefs when I retired -- no longer had to worry about having to find another job.   By leaving the work force I like to think I made room for someone else.  Good luck -- I bet you find something really fast that pays more.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,388
Points 37,625
Linda replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 6:17 AM | Locked

Sheila:

Linda - Quit falling!! You've got to stay in shape for next year's Buggy Babes retreat! Indy will surely love his new duds if they keep him warm & dry. Even my horse doesn't want to get his feet wet but, I'll be darned if I'm going to make him any clothes.

No worries Sheila. I'll be at retreat even if I have to use my scooter...better get the flat tire fixed first, huh? By the way, your check arrived the other day. Woohoo! There are now 3 of us signed up. We need 7 more. It will be so much fun in that house!! I wonder if we get our own buggy too??!!

Hugs,

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,388
Points 37,625
Linda replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 6:52 AM | Locked

Susie, sorry to hear about the job. If you can't find anything. My doctor wants me to have a live in companion. You would like my spare bedroom. We could quilt together all day. Not sure what the pay would be like but you would have a roof over your head, 3 meals a day, and could quilt to your hearts delight. You can be assured of going to the next Amish quilt retreat. I don't know what the job market is like in the Cleveland area, but you could take your time.

Sukochi, I've been to more Revelation Bible studies than you have fingers and toes. It is one of the most beautiful books in the Bible. I don't understand why people are so afraid of it. The descripton of Heaven is amazing. I look forward to the day I arrive. I was almost there a little over 4 years ago, but God said no not quite yet I still have something for you  to do on earth.

I took 3 years of lay leadership training and have read the Bible forwards and backwards, not to mention Theology, and wrote more homolitics, devotions, etc. During those 3 years there was no social life because I spent all my time reading, writing, and practicing speeches. But every minute was worth it when I was certified as a parish ministry assistant...the second woman in the state of Arizona. My friend Barb is our parish nurse and we went to visit shut ins and did hospital visits. I also handled women's ministries and sat on the board of Christian Witness. Every one of my shuts ins and hospital visits received a quilt and those with walkers received a walker bag. When I was in rehab, I made walker bags for everyone who had a walker. I still send cards to my shut ins back in AZ and bday and anniversary cards to those in the congregation. I'm still in touch with friends in a congregation in a neighboring town. I had made all their banners in their church and even served on a couple committees when I was in training.

Now I go to Sr. Saints Bible study when I don't have a doctor appointment on that day, which isn't often. They are studying Exodus. Afterwards they have a potluck lunch. I only get to go to this one because my neighbors go.

But I read several devotions I receive on email each day. Pastor comes to see me each month for communion and we visit for at least an hour or more. I enjoy discussing theology with him.

Well, it's breakfast time and I'm starving this morning. Happy quilting today.

Hugs.

• | Post Points: 35
Page 79 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 77 78 79 80 81 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use