Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 78 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 76 77 78 79 80 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 11:14 PM | Locked

Gini,

so glad to hear Matthew is on his way to recovery. 

Thea, love your decorations. I need to get mine out of the attic, maybe tomorrow. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,328
Points 241,717
Thea replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 4:12 AM | Locked

Nancy - yes he is huge - 8' long - DH was in one of the pictures next to the porch but he wouldn't let me post it - he was running around without a shirt  - I told him he knew I had my camera out - but alas I said Okay I won't post you topless...teehee...

I just love decorating I think and it brings the juvenile out in me - I have so much fun - we don't get many kids here trick or treating - most of them go to the churches now for Halloween hand outs... but a few - when we were in Japan they used to bus the kids on and we might see between 400-500 that night - the commissary would give us bags of candy to hand out to them cuz you just couldn't afford it - I bet we gave out between 2&300 dollars worth.

I have my halloween quilts out in the house and my small pumpkins and my stuffed cats and witches... I got a couple new Jim Shore cats for this year to put out - I do have fun this time of year...

This morning not having any fun at all though - the pain woke me up - it is raining cats and dogs outside - the dogs woke when I got up and wanted to go out but the rain was coming down so hard neither of them would go out the door - silly dogs... they are back asleep at my feet...

Mom has a heart doctor appointment this morning so I am hoping it eases up so I can get her there dry - and I need to get my car to the auto place for an oil change... and to start packing it - guess I don't need to take it to the car wash now...teehee...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 6:11 AM | Locked

Hoping to hem the pink quilt for Kelsi, and then possible get her 2 pillows made and completed.

Then time to get some more pillow cases cut out and ready to sew.  Somewhere in this day I need to mow the yard and driveway, clean water barrels, walk a mile and groom at least 2 horses.  Yes I have a wonderful busy day ahead.   Now for my 2nd cuppa Joe and off to ???

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 6:39 AM | Locked

Hi Gang,   Today I'm going to start looking for a new travel sewing machine.  After trying to lift my Bernina last month and throwing my back out, think I need something a bit lighter....ya think??   Anyone have any ideas??  Something that has the needle down option and light for taking to retreats and sewing days at the guilds.  Wish me luck.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 6:54 AM | Locked

Thea. those decorations are amazing! I have never seen a display like it. Our town decorates with Scarecrows all over town. last year, the phone company had a lineman scarecrow on the phone pole outside their office. It is fun to drive around and try to spot them all. One person had one peeking around a bush. That was cool. I don't decorate. Up here in the mountains kids don't come around they go to downtown and trick or treat from the merchants. There is a Halloween parade. I don't do Halloween. I don't decorate for Halloween at all. Just for Fall.

Our STUCK Bible study was so great last night. I love it. Now, this a.m. it is off to Thurs. a.m. Bible Study. It is taught by the Pastor. It is really intense. Love that, too.

After the Study, it is home to make more pumpkins. Fun. : )

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,340
Points 36,800
Linda replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 7:58 AM | Locked

I'm with you Sukochi. I don't decorate for Halloween...I decorate for fall...Oh, that's my kitchen all year!!! Wish I could attend the Bible studies that you do. Since I don't drive I can't get to them. The one that I can get a ride to is the day I have a doctor appointment.

So today Indy and I slept in a little. Looks like a relaxed morning ahead. But once I get a shower, I have a quilt on the machine that I need to finish...my first attempt at free motion. It looks ok I think. How bad can you made ocean waves? I did have to go back and round out the square waves, but other than that for my first try I'm ok with it. We'll see how the other half goes today.

I'm still sore from my 4 falls...mostly the groin muscle. When I get up in the morning, it feels like when I took those first steps when I was learning how to walk again....very scarry. Afraid of falling down again.

Other than that quilt, I'm making Indy a rain coat. My poor little guy is afraid to get his furs wet! I always thought dogs loved running in the rain, guess I was wrong. Everytime he indicated he wanted to go outside yesterday in the pouring rain, as soon as I opened the door he just looked up at me as if to say "your're kidding you want me to go our there and get my furs wet?' He'd just turn around and go back into the house and find a warm spot to lay down. I suppose I'll have to make him a winter coat too! Hope his therapy vest with he badge fits over the coat. Or he and I are going to have a dog to mom talk. I'm mom and he's therapy dog....end of discussion!!

Well guess I better get my day started. Got a lot to do on a quilt and a doggy rain coat before the next time it rains!

Have a happy quilty day!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 9:41 AM | Locked

Thea, I love you Halloween blow ups!! What fun! I'd t-or-t you if we were closer!

I always go a little bonkers for Halloween. it's my holiday. DH does Christmas... Once upon a time we rented a shabby little house with pealing paint, rotting porch, rusting fence and dead or dieing trees all around it. It was the perfect place to really go all out decorating for the little spooks!! LOL  Our kids and one other family with teenagers are the only ones in town here, so we just don't have any trick-or-treaters here. I  have to settle for school parties and the scout's haunted house.

Keepsake Quilts did a Halloween themed kids challenge a few years ago. DS1 and DD made some seriously cool wall hangings for it. I need to put those up this week!! Now that Jr's a little older, I should see if he wants to make one...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 10:50 AM | Locked

Thea - GREAT decorations!! I saw something similar at Lowes the other day and thought they were a hoot. DH doesn't give 2 figs about decorating for anything and I can't physically do a lot of time any more so, I just enjoy vicariously through others.

Linda - Quit falling!! You've got to stay in shape for next year's Buggy Babes retreat! Indy will surely love his new duds if they keep him warm & dry. Even my horse doesn't want to get his feet wet but, I'll be darned if I'm going to make him any clothes.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 11:13 AM | Locked

Been such a crazy week that i haven't been on the computer at all.

Gini - loved both of the stories that you regaled us with.  Aren't you glad that is wasn't YOUR kitchen used for the pie making?

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 11:30 AM | Locked

Fabulous Halloeen Thea, I picked up something along those lines for Christmas Parada one year for the float.  I have them at home now and they are huge.  We have lived in this house for 15 years and have had about 15 kids in all that time.  A couple of years we weren't home, but still the most we ever had in one year was 9.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,544
Points 23,325
Susie replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 12:41 PM | Locked

Today I am cleaning out my office.  I was told yesterday that I have been restructured and the new HR Generalist will be handling the payroll on a part-time basis going forward.  They have a plan for me to work part-time for the next four weeks, and then I will receive two weeks severance.

But in the meantime, I'm gonna be searching hard for something new.  If anyone hears of a payroll position, please let me know! (I am open to relocating)

Thanks!

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 155
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 1:43 PM | Locked

Oh, Susie - That's horrible news! Wish I had some pull to bring you here but, there aren't many openings in my area. I've been looking myself for something new (and improved). Unfortunately, I've been through the same thing 3 times. It doesn't get any easier but, I'm sending waves & waves of {{{hugs}}} your way that you'll find something soon.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 1:54 PM | Locked

Linda:
Wish I could attend the Bible studies that you do

Wish you lived around here I could take you with me. It's a good one. On Thurs. a.m. we are studying Revelations. Now, that well shake you too the core. If you haven't read it lately, read it now. Sure an glad that, as a Christian, I will be on the first flight to Heaven!! Just imagine SEEING God, TOUCHING Jesus. I am so ready. I will be baptized on Sunday aft. and I am so excited.  I was baptized before but, that time, it was to impress Jim's mother. This time, I am being Baptized as a child of God. It doesn"t get any better then this. : }

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 2:05 PM | Locked

Susie, how much I wish there was something here for you. Alas there are NO jobs in Ellijay. Maybe, there would be something in Atlanta.  It would be great to be closer, and there is Marge and Joni down the road from Atlanta.  Move to the quilt South land!!

I would love to have some of the lighted deer that move their heads to put in my woods at Christmas time. I saw some at a yard sale a couple years ago, and wanted them, but it was July and Jim was so not interested. Should get things you love then you see it, or it will be gone. And, the price as awesome.

Something in the are of my esophagus is very painful today. Hurts to breath, hurts to touch the area. I am just a mess. Don't know what this is, but it is a cylinder shaped something that goes across my esophagus under my boobs.

Think I will just go curl up and take a nap now.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 2:15 PM | Locked

Susie

I am sorry that you are having to deal with this.  Try checking out Wells Fargo in Roanoke, Va .   They were hiring.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 78 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 76 77 78 79 80 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use