Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 77 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 75 76 77 78 79 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 2:14 PM | Locked

I know, we loaned a friend some money once and never heard from him again.  Thank heavens it wasn't a lot of money. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 2:47 PM | Locked

My folks raised me with "Niether a Barrower nor a Lender be...."   It's sound wisdom.

Just hauled MiL's trash. She made it a point to mention (repeatedly)  that we hadn't done it since July 8. I held my tongue. We lucked out today and the dump guy didn't charge us as much as he usually does. Someone musta finally complained about his graft... That's been one of the big reasons we don't haul Mom's garbage that often. He charges us between $10 and $16 a load whether it's 4 sacks or 20, so we might as well get our moneys worth when we do it. (Yes, we pay for it whenever we do her dirty work... not just in fees at the dump but in the 100mile round trip in the gas hog truck) We took her several sacks of goodies fresh from the garden. Hope she uses them... I'd make me sad if my cabbage is rotting in the next load of trash we haul for her. 

On the way home we stopped off at work to see what I could do in damage control.  There's a film crew due to arrive to do a bit on 'us' today and the precious DD was sitting there in a wrickled, stained shirt with greasy un-combed hair. She was so hung-over she could barely move, red-eyed and sallow skinned. *sigh* Bossman seemed un-aware. I made it a point to tell them that I needed to vacate the building because I was a sorry sight after doing MiLs errands and I wouldn't want to make a bad impression on TV (not that they could get me to go in front of the camera on a bet anyway!!)  Bossman 2 thanked me. LOL  He's informed me that I am doing more lab training this winter. We'll see how that works out....

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,884
gini replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 2:50 PM | Locked

chocake2:
(Maybe Gini could come for a visit and take her frustrations out on her.....????

you know, i've seen something that i want to try, and i'm thinkin' my DD and DSIL would't approve.   there was a kid duck taped to a wall, just hanging there.  if you got a screamer taped up, you could always tape the mouth shut, too.   what do you think CC?   do i need more than a roll to get her taped up on a wall?  there are many wonderful colors and patterns, now.     i think you could arrange the arms and legs in interesting configurations, too.   we could make little inside out ducktape balls so the sticky was on the out side and use her for target practice.  just thinking out loud here.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 3:00 PM | Locked

gini a new design wall technique!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 3:29 PM | Locked

gini:

chocake2:
(Maybe Gini could come for a visit and take her frustrations out on her.....????

you know, i've seen something that i want to try, and i'm thinkin' my DD and DSIL would't approve.   there was a kid duck taped to a wall, just hanging there.  if you got a screamer taped up, you could always tape the mouth shut, too.   what do you think CC?   do i need more than a roll to get her taped up on a wall?  there are many wonderful colors and patterns, now.     i think you could arrange the arms and legs in interesting configurations, too.   we could make little inside out ducktape balls so the sticky was on the out side and use her for target practice.  just thinking out loud here.

OOOOOOOOOOOh!! I LIKE it!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,304
Points 29,595
Agnes replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 3:41 PM | Locked

Thea:
Vivian :
The best advice I could give him was to not hire anyone he couldn't look in the face and fire.
Vivian that is awesome advice - if you run your own business and hire friends and family you have to have ice in your veins at work -

We had both sons working for us from childhood into adult hood.. They were the ones who decided to call us by first names at work but addressed us as Mom and Dad at home. As a result there were two different relationships and they didn't cross. Worked well for us. Our older son was not the right personality for our business and without any hard feelings he moved on to another field. He did have my helping hand to make that decision. It never got to to the point of firing. I know not all people in the same situation have been as lucky. When my brother came looking for work we didn't hire him. We didn't need a free-loader who would then also be boarding with us. We saw that as a recipe for disaster.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 4:45 PM | Locked

In this case I really think Bossman was trying to do the right thing by both his daughter and I:  Her drinking was out of control and she made a big show out of how it had cost her her last job just about the time that Sprout was born. It was plainly obvious that I wouldn't be performing my duties on quite as an effcient level with a baby tucked in my arms. Right about the same time as all of that happened, the gal who was hired to do the field work this summer backed out. Precious DD has had a lifetime of experience with it, she needed a job and he hoped to help her get a handle on her addictions by moving her home.  I needed someone to pick up my slack. I'm sure it seemed to him  that he had the perfect solution staring him in the face.  It was obvious from the beginning that she has no desire to sober up,  not to mention no desire to work, and no respect for any of us.  (For pete's sake, she drew "( ! )" on our display cases with a Sharpie last week!!)  If he were to face the facts, I'm sure it would break his big sweet heart, so maybe it's better this way.  I've handled it by simply telling them not to schedule me when she's there  ("No sense paying both of us to do the same job similtaniously") so at least I don't have her under my feet while i scrub perminent marker off the glass...

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 6:20 PM | Locked

gini:
there was a kid duck taped to a wall,

My kids did that to DH sisters youngest.  His family was attending a family reunion we hosted and he was so annoying to his generation, they duct taped him to a picinic table bench.  didn't let him up either.  he wasn't bad to have a round talk wise, but he couldn't sit still!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 7:28 PM | Locked

Actually, We duct taped the boys once - 1 with hands in front and 1 with hands in back (being very careful to keep the tape over their clothing - it'll take skin off!!) and told them to get themselves loose. It was a great exercise in teamwork and they had a blast!!!! It took  them about 15 minutes before they figured out that the only way to do it was to help each other. They actually wanted to do it again.  I do not advocate duct tapeing children! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,560
Points 246,127
Thea replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 8:11 PM | Locked

I am such a kid at heart - and so happy that DH puts up with me ...

My house for the next month....

\\\

The Grim reaper makes sound - the horse whinnies and then he says Your Next and laughs - it is so cool!  

the cat moves it head from side to side... I love decorating for Halloween... and then Thanksgiving and finally Christmas - my favorite time of year!

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 8:40 PM | Locked

Thea ,these are so cool .I love em.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 8:48 PM | Locked

Fini, glad to see that all our proyers were answered.  Matthew is doing better, you made it through without doing anything illegal..  Hopefully the repairs were done soon enough that Matthew will regain 100% of his kidney functions.  Prayers will continue for your family.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580
Melissa Halpain replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 9:08 PM | Locked

Hi Thea,

Love your Halloween decorations. You sound like my sister. She never grew up either. She has been asked to leave Toys R Us at least 3 times. No, she did not have any kid with her. She loves trying all the riding toys and any other toys. She decorations for every holiday even if it is not a holiday. Halloween is my least favorite holiday but I love the decorations. I really love yours. I'm sure if we had those available to us out west, she would definitely have them. Happy Halloween.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 9:23 PM | Locked

Thea I love your Halloween decorations. We don't really decorate too much for Halloween.  My FIL passed away during that time. We decorated when the boys were young.  Now I put out a scarecrow and pumpkins, hand out goodies bur as for dressing up and boogie,  na my heart just isn't in it. 

I do love to see the decorations though.  and I do love all the excitement. So thanks for sharing.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 10:14 PM | Locked

Thea:

Ooo, I love the big, scary cat!  Glad those chairs are there so we get a sense of scale.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 77 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 75 76 77 78 79 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use