Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 75 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 73 74 75 76 77 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 9:31 PM | Locked

Wow, Sukochi, that is a LOT of concrete!  Isn't it pretty when it's so new and white?!  The kids did a great job on your yard clean-up.  It all looks very nice.  Thanks for sharing the picture!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 9:33 PM | Locked

Thank you , Jesus.  Prayers are being answered for Matthew.  And look at that Gini, You didn't even have to threaten with your scissors.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 9:41 PM | Locked

gini:
They cut out the bad part of the tube, reconnected it and put a shunt over it.   They will go bAck and remove the shunt in a month

So he didn't have to have the kidney removed?  That's good news!  How long will he stay in the hospital?  I'm a little confused because I think you called him your grandson but you called his mother your niece.  Did I get that wrong?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 10:41 PM | Locked

CC

So sweet.  Thanks for sharing.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 10:48 PM | Locked

Gini

Hopefully the surgery and stents will have the kidney back to functioning normally really soon.  In a child that young the recuperative powers are amazingly strong.    Shame on mom and dad to let this get to the point that Matthew was in that much pain before they would even consider surgery.  Sounds like they need a good shake to get the circuits working again.  Seems there may be a short circuit in the ole hat rack somewhere.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 11:46 PM | Locked

nancy, we raised sam's two nieces, their kids are our grandkids.  they call us dubby and papa sam, same as our  "real" grandkids. 

when we knew we were getting the girls for sure,  we sat our two down and explained that  when the nieces  moved in, they were family and would be  treated like and loved as much as our own kids.  not so easy when they were teenagers, but i didn't much like our two as teens either.   they are now all 4 beautiful, independent, and more important, nice  young women.   we sure got lucky.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 8:32 AM | Locked

Here's an oldie. Get so tired of the news. I don't think there is any GOOD news anymore. Anyway,  I was channel surfing and found Ozzie and Harriet.  Did you know it only lasts 20 mins? Seems like an episode lasted longer back in the day.  Sure took me back.....

Thinking of going back down to Woodstock today and getting the four chairs I found yesterday for the kit. table we got yesterday. A friend who deals in antiques said $40.00 for those old chairs is a bargain. So, if I can convince Jim to drive down there again today.

Haven't gotten my Bible study homework done and the class is tonight!! I have started it several times but am just really distracted right now. Don't know what thats about but I have a feeling it deals with this upcome visit to the surgeon.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 8:43 AM | Locked

Gini, proof that God answers prayer. Not that we need proof but there it is......!  So, happy. Glad the Dad embarrassed himself. Bet that made your day. What a disgusting thing to do.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 9:02 AM | Locked

R.I.P. Andy Williams. I will always hum Moon River just as I have since that song first came out. I can remember as a girl, I wanted to marry you. But, when you married Noelle, I loved her so. I miss, still, your Christmas specials on TV. This is a sad day, indeed. : {

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,280
Points 173,388
Marie replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 9:16 AM | Locked

Gini, prayers going up for Matthew and all of you who may need it a bit more than he does.  Scissors, duck tape, sitting on hands, dippity-doo in-laws, passive/aggressive niece, I'm sure y'all need it more than he does.  All kidding aside, thoughts and prayers are with you all.  God Bless and (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 9:20 AM | Locked

Well got the pig loaded up and my DSIL is taking her to the locker plant for me.  She had me covered head to toe in pig S--t, she was being contrary and didn't want to get in the trailer.   Oh but I will get the last laugh, when I have those pork chop frying in a pan

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 624
Points 9,310
MaggieNae replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 9:28 AM | Locked

Leslie,

Weee-weee-weee.  Hee-hee-hee.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 9:33 AM | Locked

Ginny:

Thank you , Jesus.  Prayers are being answered for Matthew.  And look at that Gini, You didn't even have to threaten with your scissors.   Ginny

Ditto that! From the sounds of it, Gini would have found a cork more useful then a sharp object,

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 9:39 AM | Locked

Leslie :
Well got the pig loaded up and my DSIL is taking her to the locker plant for me.  She had me covered head to toe in pig S--t, she was being contrary and didn't want to get in the trailer.

Gee, Leslie...do you blaim her?? I woudn'ta wanted ta go neither!!!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 9:55 AM | Locked

Last night DS1 started yelling like the world was coming to an end when I sent him in to get ready for bed. A stampede of concerned parents and siblings rushed to his aid...where we discovered the source of excitment was a young mouse cowering under his bed. He'd startled it and it startled him.  Chaos ensued.

Poor little thing - when all those big people feet came stomping in it made a frantic dash for the heater grate. Hubby's one quick dude. He flipped the grate closed and trapped it before it could go into the duct work, and then fetched a leather glove and ever so gently removed the little critter from the house. It's safely foraging in the big wheat field out back, where it belongs. Meanwhile, after the kids went to bed, Mom set out a trap and caught the sibling...

It was finally chilly enough last night that the furnace came on. Boy, am I glad that rodent didn't succeed in it's escape attempt! We'da had a house stinking of roast rodent.

Sprout seems to feel much better this morning. He had a low fever most of the afternoon/evening yesterday. I hate those danged shots...

Meanwhile, on the job front, no one seems to know when I am scheduled to work and when I am not. Bossman seems to have suddenly realized that I got screwed this season while he catered to his DD's whims, and he's trying to make up for it - It's either that, or he's succeeded in getting himself in so far over his head that he suddenly realized that he needs my help. He's made quite a mess for himself this month and his princess  is no help at all. (Maybe Gini could come for a visit and take her frustrations out on her.....???? It'd make us both feel better. ) Sometimes  It's easier when I just set my own schedule and don't worry about what the calender says I shold be doing.  I'll go in today and fix what I can.

• | Post Points: 50
Page 75 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 73 74 75 76 77 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use