Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 70 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 68 69 70 71 72 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 10:34 AM | Locked

Angele:
It is a process I enjoy.  

Angele, I'm going to take the quilt to the knitting group today.  Its the same faces, doing different hand work.  I'll work on my quilt and they'll knit or crochet or do bindings like I am.  I don't mind it once I get going on it. I just have to find the right position, the right needle and the right size finger thingy.  I don't or haven't bound a lot of stuff lately so it's spread all over the place.  It takes me a while to find my rhythm so this time I may work right through the placemats that have been slooooooowly worked on for the last year.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 11:19 AM | Locked

gini:
i want to be adopted by you.  you get more snow in you neck of the woods

Maybe we should trade off - I'll adopt you for one week, you adopt me for one week, and so on. Lately we have no snow. In fact we haven't even had a good hard frost yet!! It's a most unusal year.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,545
Points 417,024
gini replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 11:35 AM | Locked

that sounds good CC.   bring all the kids, too.   we have had an unusual year, too.  we can still swim in the big lake.   i haven't had a frost here at the condo either.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 1:42 PM | Locked

Caryl, prayers going up for your sister and her family that her time with them be extended as long as possible.  God Bless.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 1:57 PM | Locked

Thanks for the pics, Sukochi, beautiful area, love the pumpkins.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 2:22 PM | Locked

Well I've said this before, Gini, but I'll say it again, my life is so pathetically boring compared to yours.  I need to have some Gini excitement in my life, how do I start?  Could I get in on the adoption deal you have going with CC?  Maybe, just maybe, living in your homes for a week will cure me of thinking boring is bad or I may just extend my stay and only come back home for a couple of weeks a year.  What do you think?  Spending too much time in front of this computer.  Which means I'm not getting the backing done for the quilt I'm sending Barbara or the other 6 Snowmen blocks for the swap.  I need a good swift kick in the you know where to get me going, any takers?

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 2:53 PM | Locked

mememememememe Marie I will

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 3:03 PM | Locked

Leslie :

mememememememe Marie I will

Leslie, how did I know you'd be the first to offer?  : )

Get aiming, bending over now.........................

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,530
Points 31,115
Diana replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 3:05 PM | Locked

Hi Gang,   I just finished driving 7 hours and I'm almost 1/2 way home.  I'm in Green Castle, PA at a hotel.  I'll drive about 8 hours tomorrow and be home.  I had a great time but I'm ready for my own bed, DH and my fur babies.  I miss all of them. 

Huggs to all,   Diana in East Tn.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 3:19 PM | Locked

Marie:

ROFLOL, did you feel it

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 3:36 PM | Locked

Went to the Hematologist this morning. Waited 2 1/2 hours to see her. "Call me Jennifer" walked in and I was about ready to tell her what I'd rather call her, but, she was GOOD!! She thinks my hives....might not BE hives. Drew about a quart of my blood for labs I have never before heard the names of either. She  examined me form stem to stern. Then referred me to a dermatologist for a biopsy. But, didn't tell me what she thinks it is that I need a biopsy. She said hives are no palpable and these are and always have been.  So, I see her again on Oct. 11th, three days after I see Dr. Mims to schedule the surgery on my hernia. Oh, boy. Gonna love that week.

As I got a new camera, I thought I would show y'all a few sights around Ellijay, Ga. So here the pictures are.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 3:40 PM | Locked

By the way. Can anyone tell me if this is an Alpaca or a Llama Mama? 

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 4:01 PM | Locked

Leslie :

Marie:

ROFLOL, did you feel it

WAIT A COTTON PICKING MINUTE UNTIL I GET UP OFF THE FLOOR!  DID YOU REALLY HAVE TO KICK SO HARD??????????

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,545
Points 417,024
gini replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 4:04 PM | Locked

i'm guessing it's an alpaca because it is smaller.  i'm guessing that by how hi the fence probably is.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,713
Points 248,447
Thea replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 4:08 PM | Locked

I always have a smile when I come to QCA - between CC, Gini, Marie, and Leslie - you always give me a good smile.

DH irritated me last night - I had a bad weekend so asked him if he had a uniform for work this morning on Saturday - he said Yes,... so I told him I was going to hold off on the laundry till today... I should have looked for myself but he is an adult and should have known since he gets one out each day...argh - late last night as he is getting ready to go to bed he informs me - no uniform - so this means I have to wash his uniforms late last night - stay up and dry them - make sure they get dry and then fold them so they look nice - can't leave them in the dryer as they wrinkle bad... so was up late late late...

So decided why not work on the satin stitch on the house blocks for the retreat in Iowa... argh... thread kept breaking - top thread was showing on the back - you couldn't even see the  bobbin thread... bird's nests... I got my applique paper and started with one piece - am now using 3 pieces for each block - sewing very slowly and changing needle every 3 blocks... 

I know it is my own fault for making a block that was mainly applique'd in place... but they were so cute - yes they have 5 windows a door and a chimney plus the roof that had to be satin stitched down... 1 hour for each block... but it made the time go by as the washer and dryer were doing their thing... but then DH gets up late this morning for work after I had stayed up so late to do his uniform - and rushed out of the house telling me I had to get up and feed the animals...WHAT!!!  so no sleep ... I am down to 4.5 to go though on my house blocks...

the snowmen blocks will fly off the sewing machine after the house blocks and that will be wonderful...

The day is winding down now - not doing anything else and when DH walks in the door he is being told to make dinner... as I am going to veg all evening - anyone want to take bets on if he does...teehee... he better!!!  

Monday night football and maybe a couple more house blocks tonight - if I can sit at the sewing machine - have heat on lower back and legs at the moment... 

smiling!  not big but smiling!

Page 70 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 68 69 70 71 72 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use