Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 68 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 66 67 68 69 70 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,225
Points 27,610
Agnes replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 9:58 AM | Locked

Angele:
That is more than a valid reason why there are no new quilts.  Loosing the person who shared so much in your life is very hard.

Angele-Thanks for the HUG. Actually to quilt or not to quilt is almost a double edged sword. DH was always so supportive of my quilting that I know he is pushing me from afar. The sadness comes that I can not have him beside me to share the progress. Living in a 55plus complex is a real bonus. We have made many friends here and they are a constant support..

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,225
Points 27,610
Agnes replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 10:11 AM | Locked

Caryl:
She doesn't look for a cure, just time to be spent with family and friends. 

Caryl and Diana--Cancer is such an unrelenting disease that there comes a point when looking for a cure is no longer reasonable. DH had pancreatic cancer and it was detected early enough that he benefited from surgery in Feb 2011. This was followed by chemo. However, in June upon its return there was only one road to follow and that was for comfort care. My consolation remains that he is no longer suffering.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 11:14 AM | Locked

OH Agnes I can so understand ,MY DH passed from prostrate Cancer  we caught it to late and it had already spread to his bones. they did little treatment as there was really not much of a point.  his last few months  were hard as I know he was in more pain then he let on. I hated that he is gone but at same time I so happy he is no longer suffering. His last few months he did not let it stop him form doing the things he loved. I still miss him every  day,but I also sometimes feel him here and watching over me.  To me that is comforting .You are going to do just fine . I can feel it ..Barbara  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 2,085
Caryl replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 12:28 PM | Locked

Agnes and all those that have been through this terrible disease with their loved ones,

My prays go out to all of you and I thank you for the concern shown.  Palative care is a great way to prepare for the end and they've seen to all the leagalities for my sister and her family.  She started this care over 7 years ago and has continued her fight.  When I go to visit her it is not a sad trip.  We will be rejoicing in her life and enjoying the days given to her.  Of my 6 sisters and 2 brothers she has been more of a mentor for me than the others. 

Lets move on to topics of rejoicing....Loved the pictures of Martha's family and the baby.  It looked like everyone was having fun.  And the horse pictures  posted...still can see myself taking walks and rides in that area.

Caryl In Buda TX

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 2:01 PM | Locked

Well, the picnic is over and we are done in. Had a great time. Too much food, and too much walking. We were at the Dam Area. We were on the point and there is a walk of 1/4 mile around this picnic area. I walked it twice. Yay me!! I got a pic of the lake and a pic of Katie and her orange pumpkin, and my white pumpkin.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 2:20 PM | Locked

What lake were you at Sukochi?

I like the pumpkins you gals made!!!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 2:29 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
We were on the point and there is a walk of 1/4 mile around this picnic area. I walked it twice. Yay me!!

YES, yay you!!!  Great Job!  Be sure and send me your times, etc.

Great pumpkins too...very clever...

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 2:30 PM | Locked

p.s.  I remember blue skies like that...lol!  They will come back to my area eventually...  Beautiful lake and weather you are having!

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,194
Points 238,992
Thea replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 2:33 PM | Locked

Sukochi - beautiful pictures - love the white pumpkin and the scenery - the little young lady is adorable.

As far as cancer goes, we have lost Jay's Mom and my Dad to it in years past.  It is a horrible disease and it is a blessing that they are both not in any pain or confusion anymore.  I still do feel Jay's Mom here with me and she has been gone now 10 years.  My Dad visits me all the time and he has been gone 8 years.  I still remember that last visit i had with him just 6 weeks prior to his leaving us and it is so hard - the memories although wonderful are still very painful for me.  

I hope and pray that my DH never has to feel the pain of cancer and have so much empathy for those of you that have lost your family members to this terrible disease.  it is so so hard.  I know my DH watches over me every day - I don't have cancer of any type but have a debilitating disease anyway.  and I feel so much empathy for those like me that just live in pain day after day.  It is hard but we keep going.  

Agnes, My heart goes out to you and I can only say having lost dear members of my family and my very best friend that it does get easier but the pain is still there from there loss - we just have to be brave and know that God has a plan for us and that they are up there in the mansion readying our rooms.  I have told them that no matter what I am not ready to join them yet - but when it is my time I know I will be welcomed with open arms.  I send warm quilty hugz to you and hope that you find your quilting again and know that your DH is watching you and has his arms around you.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 2:45 PM | Locked

Love the photos, pumpkins so cute. Beautiful weather here. Have a horrible cold.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 3:59 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

What lake were you at Sukochi?

Carters Lake in Murray/Gilmer Counties, off State Road 136.. It is so beautiful there. That picnic area is between two dams on a peninsula. No houses are along the lake shore. there are houses int he mountains above the lake. Some have had their trees topped so they have a lake view. Of course, those are very pricey homes. If you would like to rent a pontoon boat, it is only $350. for half a day. So we just go look at the lake from the top of the dam.

Sukochi

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 2,085
Caryl replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 4:28 PM | Locked

That is certainly a beautiful area.  What state is it in?

The pumpkins are wonderful!  I may have to make one or two for my bench in the garden.

Caryl in Buda TX

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 4:45 PM | Locked

North Georgia Mountains, Caryl. This is sure a beautiful part of the state we live in. We only live about 20 mins from the lake. But, we just never think of going there.

The pumpkins are fun to make. Now that I know the right kind vent hose to use, the next ones will be lot's easier to make.  I will be making more that's a given.

Sukochi

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 36
Points 890
lizbonner replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 5:44 PM | Locked

I am fairly new to quilting but have accepted a job making a queen size quilt for my doctor's children. I have done much research attempting what size to make this monster. I think I way over-extended my abilities but am determined to complete this project. I have approximently 90x106 figured. Thus far I have joined 12 1/2" blocks in 5 rows across by 6 down that I plan to add 5" sashing strips then another 12 1/2" block with same 5" sashing repeated once more. My question is ....Is this large enough. This is for a 5 and 8 yr old girls who share a queen size bed. Anyone willing to assist me I am trying to post a pic in the Gallery and will call it PINK ANIMAL PRINT QUEEN SIZE. If anyone has nay recommendations, suggestions, critiquing...etc I would so much appreciate this.

Liz

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 8:11 PM | Locked

Sukochi, the pumpkins are adorable!! Thanks for showing them off.

DH was diagnosed with prostate cancer 3 years ago. We were lucky and caught it very early, but when the Dr comfirmed his diagnosis, it was probably the most terrifying thing we'd experienced. Ironically, in his case, the cancer wasn't so bad - but the post op infection nearly did him in! The docs told him that there would be no more babies for us and we were mighty grateful that he was still alive to enjoy the 3 we already had.  ... Now we have Sprout.  :D (And let me tell ya, breaking the news that I was pregnant to that dear man was no easy thing!! I wouldn'ta blaimed him a bit if he'd doubted my morals at that point.)

Been a long day, and I am a tuckered out Mommy. I'll see you all in the AM.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 68 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 66 67 68 69 70 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use