Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 67 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 65 66 67 68 69 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 239,992
Thea replied on Sat, Sep 22 2012 5:45 PM | Locked

Barbara leaves all her typos - I have to edit mine - teehee - I am happy that you won the "pig" prize and you will have fun!

It has cooled down but is not cold - just the right temperature for a nice first couple fall days.  If it stays like this till next summer, I will be very happy... the electric bill will be wonderful and the furnace and a/c units will get a nice break.

I have been working on my retreat house blocks - nothing like waiting till the last minute for everything lately but they'll be done before I leave to go.  Then mostly just keeping my feet up in the air and taking a break today.  I did do my EQ7 class work for QU.  Fun to take this class and I am learning a ton.   having a lot of fun - I am designing my sampler with halloween fabric - I am on that theme right now doing the sew spooky quilts and I rec'd my squishy from Jacy - all Halloween fabrics - so great - I can use them to make up a couple of the blocks for my class...and of course, have to order more of these now...teehee... 

Dinner is cooking in the oven - just finished watching Haven with DH - told him we need to move to Haven Maine - love that spooky freaky stuff...lol... going to be a quiet evening in Enid OK...

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,848
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Sat, Sep 22 2012 6:30 PM | Locked

Does that pig prize get a hig????

I am worn slap out. 8 teens and 6 adults here today. The youth group did their thing and our woods are all clean, grass is mowed flower beds are put to bed for the winter. It's all done. Yippee!  Of course feeding the all was not cheap. I had no idea we would need 6 pizzas. Those kids eat like horses. $81.00 worth of pizza. Probably another $20 for ice, drinks, paper plates and cups. But it sure was fun. Katie and I spent the time making dryer duct pumpkins. They were a pain to deal with but turned out kinda cute. Found out after the fact that we bought the wrong kind of dryer vent hose. Will be much easier with the right kind. Any-who the pumpkins look cute so all is not lost. then Katie and I tea stained fabric for tea towels to hang on the over door. Katie has heart and kidney problems and can't do a lot but she was a trooper. I kept her in and sitting most of the time. She is 20 and looks 14. She can;t even work or drive. She wants me to teach her to quilt. She wants, more then anything, to make one for her Mama. So, that would be a great thing for the winter months.

Dog tired not and heading to bed. Up early to get ready for church/ church picnic at the lake. I have to take a veggie tray and was too tired tonight to do anything about it. Have to be at Church at 9:30 so have to get up and to the store really early.

Y'all have a great night....and don't let the bed bugs bite. Maybe I shouldn't say that anymore, huh?

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Sat, Sep 22 2012 8:33 PM | Locked

Gosh, Sukochi, $80 sounds pretty cheap for  the amount of work you had done! I'd say you got one heck of a deal there!! Send that crew my way next! And please  post a pic of those pumpkins. They sound pretty darn cute!

Speelin errors?? Not me.  I never make a typo.. Eevr! That's why I have so much fun teasing Marie and Barbara about theirs.  ;-)

Thanks All for your kind comments on my beads. The only saving grace with them is that I can do one or two while Sprout naps. On the down side, if I'm interupted in mid-bead, it's a done deal. There's no salvaging glass. I really should have been cutting out more GFG patches today, but I promised the shelter lady those bobbles before their next monthly meeting on the 1st, so...   

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Sep 22 2012 9:10 PM | Locked

You are all so great for putting up with my typos.  You know half the time I hit the right keys but I don't punch on them hard enough and they don't print. I'm serious ,I have done that so many times . LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,261
Points 28,525
Agnes replied on Sat, Sep 22 2012 9:17 PM | Locked

Rattling around the house today the sewing machine snagged my attention. Two side borders to stitch and a top is ready. Next I have to do the math and then piece the back. Cut the binding tonight so slowly I am again making some progress.

Now I shall settle back and read until the bed calls me.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sat, Sep 22 2012 9:52 PM | Locked

I've said it was a LEMON sine it arrived. Kinda sad as we had such big ideas. I hope it all comes back once we get going.. I practically forget how to work it but Miss Maddie will remember!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,499
Points 30,510
Diana replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 6:56 AM | Locked

Hello Gang,   I'm still in Upstate NY but will be heading back south in the morning.  Had a great time and saw lots of family.  FIL is not well but it's still a wait and see.  If this round of chemo doesn't help, they will call in hospice.  It's sad but he's 83 and we think he's had about enough of all the poking, prodding and feeling so lousy with the chemo and such.  

I tried to stay out of the LQS but it just called to me and forced me to come in.  Then it was all over...lol  My credit card got a bit of a workout.....

Huggs to all and hope you're having a great weekend.

Diana in East Tn.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,848
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 7:14 AM | Locked

chocake2:

Gosh, Sukochi, $80 sounds pretty cheap for  the amount of work you had done! I'd say you got one heck of a deal there!! Send that crew my way next! And please  post a pic of those pumpkins. They sound pretty darn cute!

CC<,we made a $100.00 donation to the youth group, too. Jim groused about it and I told him God thinks it is worth it. First time I ever saw 8 teens come together, at their own decision, for prayer, before lunch. And one of them prayed. I am so proud of our kids. They rock. And, the guys are very cute. One of them came up to me and put me in a big hug and said, I love you so much, Mrs. Sukochi and I am so blessed to be able to help you and Mr. Jim. A teenager said that?!!?  Amazing.

Off to church, and to picinc at the lake. In 60's dergee weather? Jim will freeze.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,840
Nana replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 7:24 AM | Locked

Marge

I don't remember Mary posting in awhile.  I hope all is well with her.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,840
Nana replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 7:26 AM | Locked

Barbara

Congratulations on your wins.  You have quite the haul there.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 7:28 AM | Locked

Agnes:

Thanks, Angele. It could be a while before there are any new quilts. My absence was dictated by DH's health. Now that he has passed away I am dealing with all the legalities involved. Reading and occasionally commenting in discussions is helping with the transition to actually think of quilting.

Oh Agnes, I'm so sorry.  That is more than a valid reason why there are no new quilts.  Loosing the person who shared so much in your life is very hard.  I hope that you have friends or family close by with whom you can share good memories and ths sad moments you go through.  Here is a big HUG going your way. 

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 8:28 AM | Locked

Vivian your quilt and your quilting are beautiful.  If I lived closer to you, I would sew your binding on for you.  It is a process I enjoy.  Call me crazy but it's true!  For me this is when I can say Yes! My quilt is done!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 8:30 AM | Locked

Barbara,once again you win great prizes.  Hmmm, maybe I need for you to buy me tickets.  That way I might get lucky enough to win something...LOL. Now to see wha beautiful things you will make...

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 8:37 AM | Locked

Wow what a busy day for all of you.  Katie sounds like a very nice person.  Now will you post some of those pumpkins you made?

Thea, happy belated birthday.  I only come on the site about twice a week.  The last time I was on was to say you will get your squishie this week as I was slow for that too... Work is really getting in the way! But then no work...no quilt :-( 

So for the next few years, I owe, I owe, so off to work I go!   

Congratulations on becoming a grandmother Kelli.  She looks beautiful in the picture.  Give her a hug from me when you see your granddaughter.  Love her and spoil her... After all. That's what grands are for no???

Angèle  from NWO

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 2,085
Caryl replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 9:47 AM | Locked

Diana,

I'm in a similar situation with my sister.  She goes to Nashville each week from NC for cancer treatments. She is only 70 and has had many forms for cancer and beat them.  This time she has been on every trial she can join and the lungs just don't respond any more.  She is in her last hope treatment. She doesn't look for a cure, just time to be spent with family and friends.  We will be meeting them in Nashville sometime soon to visit before her treatments.

Caryl in Buda TX

• | Post Points: 35
Page 67 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 65 66 67 68 69 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use