Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 64 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 62 63 64 65 66 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Sep 22 2012 10:40 AM | Locked

Barbara:
no a/c running now for about 7 days . nice to have the windows open.

The "windows open" period was very brief for us - not because the heat returned but because it's getting darn cold already!  I guess we'll get our Indian summer starting mid-week - just as we're leaving town to travel to the smoky state.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Sep 22 2012 10:41 AM | Locked

Nancy Have fun on your trip . Look foward to your wonderful reports ..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Sep 22 2012 11:00 AM | Locked

Congradulations Kelli! She's a beauty!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,208
Points 16,210
Susan replied on Sat, Sep 22 2012 11:01 AM | Locked

Nancy& Barbara, Im so envious of the cool-cold weather you are having. Its still HOT here in Florida, Oh, how I miss the Fall weather I use to so enjoy up North. Enjoy!                                                                     Vivian, Your quilt is BEAUTIFUL!!! How will you be able to give it away?    Susan

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 96
Points 2,025
Barb S replied on Sat, Sep 22 2012 11:25 AM | Locked

Kelli -- What a little love!!!  You must be so proud!  I just got a new granddaughter in July -- Rachel Elizabeth -- I was so lucky to be able to be there with my daughter and her husband for the birth -- and she was born in the same hospital I was born in -- so exciting!!!  We both have a new reason to make dozens of quilts in the coming years -- don't know about you, but i am already envisioning some beauties for my new little princess!  Grandmas are the luckiest people on earth!

Barb S

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,447
Points 243,702
Thea replied on Sat, Sep 22 2012 11:28 AM | Locked

Kelli:

I went to bed last night just a mom and I woke up this morning a grandma!!!! I'm too excited! I can't wait to meet her in person. Kaitlyn Nicole a perfect baby :D

Welcome to the Grandma club Kelli - it is a wonderful one and that is a sweet baby to help you with the requirements...teehee... Congratulations - now the spoiling begins and believe me that is the real fun part!  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Sep 22 2012 11:37 AM | Locked

Kelli, have you made that little cutie a quilt yet?? Congratulations to you and her parents!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Sat, Sep 22 2012 11:44 AM | Locked

Thanks everyone and heck yes I've made her a quilt in fact I have made her 2 quilts and am planning a 3rd now that I know for sure she is a she LOL

I have all kinds of plans for spoiling her. I just wished she was closer to us. ;-(

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Sat, Sep 22 2012 12:03 PM | Locked

Congrats Grandma Kelli, she is a beauty

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Sat, Sep 22 2012 12:04 PM | Locked

Congrats to you also Barb S, on your new little love

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Sat, Sep 22 2012 12:56 PM | Locked

congrats kelly,   grammahood is the best

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 702
Points 11,565
Bev replied on Sat, Sep 22 2012 1:57 PM | Locked

On most Saturday mornings you could find me watching several cooking shows on PBS. On one show today they were making Morning Glory Muffins. So since I had not had breakfast yet I went online to get a recipe for them to see if I had the ingredients. I had all but a couple things so I made them and wanted to share this recipe with you guys because my DH loved them.  I did not have apple butter so I just used butter. I used chopped dates for the raisins (later I found the raisins). I only used 1 cup of grated carrot, and I probably used more than 2 Tablespoons Walnuts which I toasted along with some coconut for the topping. I did not toast the wheat germ but just sprinkled it on top before the walnut/coconut. I consider the wheat germ as optional anyway but since I did have some I added it.

These may sound healthy but they are good!!!

you can find it here  ----    allrecipes.com/Recipe/Morning-Glory-Muffins 1

from TN

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 702
Points 11,565
Bev replied on Sat, Sep 22 2012 2:01 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Barbara:
no a/c running now for about 7 days . nice to have the windows open.

The "windows open" period was very brief for us - not because the heat returned but because it's getting darn cold already!  I guess we'll get our Indian summer starting mid-week - just as we're leaving town to travel to the smoky state.

I agree Barbara, I had my windows open a couple of days ago while I was making some placemats and it wonderful to get the benefit of fresh air since I did not want to go fishing with DH.

from TN

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 702
Points 11,565
Bev replied on Sat, Sep 22 2012 2:10 PM | Locked

Congratulations Kelli and Barb S. on your grandaughters. I love both names! Very classy....

from TN

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Sep 22 2012 2:16 PM | Locked

The former owners of the house were just here to raid the orchard. They got a nice big bucket of plums from the tree next to the patio (- thus saving me from having to clean them up later!) and promised me a jar of jelly. The kids were more then happy to help them pick fruit. DS1 keeps them supplied with fresh eggs, too.

The lady in charge of the animal shelter asked me to make her more ear-rings for fund raising. I made puppies and dog bones when we adopted Jenni. This time she asked for some kitties too. ...Do any of you remember "Bloom County"?  All me felines look like Bill the Kat... ACK!!

(This pic doesn't show their googlie eyes very well, but you get the general idea, I think..)

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Page 64 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 62 63 64 65 66 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use