Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 62 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 60 61 62 63 64 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 7:29 PM | Locked

Happy Higgy Day to you to, CC.  Give Sprout a (((HIG))) from me. ; }

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 7:31 PM | Locked

Rossvrs:

What is a squishy?

A squishy is a gift of fabric, etc. in a mailing envelope. They are "squishy" when you squeeze them. Happy Higgies to you, Rossvrs.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 7:43 PM | Locked

Thea I am a little late but hope you had a Happy Birthday.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 115
Points 2,475
Clare replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 7:49 PM | Locked

Thea, not sure if I'm a day late cos I can't figure out the time difference from Sydney to where you are - my brain isn't functioning too well. But the sentiments are still the same a BIG happy birthday to you even if it is a belated one or on the right day! Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you Happy ........... I'll let you sing the rest as my voice isn't too good lol.

love Clare.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 9:03 PM | Locked

Happy Birthday Thea!!! Have a piece of cake for me.  Don't forget the ice cream.  :o)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 244,002
Thea replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 10:43 PM | Locked

Clare - it is still my birthday so you were on time and thank you 

and thank everyone for the well wishes - it was a wonderful day - coming to an end now but I am smiling and feeling wonderful.  

thank you all for everything - for being here on QCA and being wonderful quilting women!  I have learned so much from all of you and my spirits have been lifted - it is wonderful!  

Happy Higgy's to all...lol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 10:56 PM | Locked

Thea, did you get a cake? Did you get something from Jay?

I never get anything form Jim...ever. Of course, we don't exchange gifts at any time cause we just get what we want anytime through the year. The new floor was my Christmas present....forever. And the driveway was his birthday present.....forever.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 11:14 PM | Locked

Clare you are a full day ahead of us.  but we are real close to the same times in the midwest. I use to have a friend in New Zealand and we would talk on the phone at Christmas time. She was always a day ahead of me .  You are pretty close to the same areas .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 115
Points 2,475
Clare replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 11:48 PM | Locked

Barbara, thanks for that now I know that if anyone has birthdays I'll get in early & be the first to wish them a happy birthday LOL. I can easily work out the time difference for London/England, because my daughter is liivng there  & I've had 14 months to get used to that. But when daylight savings start it throws me for a day or two.........

Clare

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 42
Points 882
Rochelle replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 1:44 AM | Locked

Margaret, if the sinus won't drain and it gives you a lot of pressure headaches, you can use a Neti pot to flush out and moisten the sinuses. If you don't have a Neti pot a large towel and a large bowl with steaming hot water will do. Place the bowl on a table near your chair and hold the towel over your head to capture the steam . Breathe as deeply as possible. It should moisten all the mucus so it starts flowing out. This is great for your skin, too! You should feel better.

Rochelle

Rochelle

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 7:00 AM | Locked

Oh, Margaret, so sorry about the sinuses. That can be so painful. But Rochelle's advice is spot on. Run with it.

Today is lunch with the high school girlfriends. So exciting. This is two of our group of four. We can't find the other one. So sad. Last know address is not a good one. Hmmm.  Going to the Marietta Fish Market for lunch. Oh, yummy. I love fish. Broiled with a salad will be my choice. Eating healthy is not hard.

I am loving life these days. Healthy and exercises changes your whole outlook and how you feel, physically and mentally.

Got a sweet email from Ron last night. I guess Lea told him what I said. He said, of course he was joking and he was so sorry I misunderstood. ask for my forgiveness. Said he really enjoyed my participation in our church. So, all is well in the world. At least, my world.

We went over to Rona nd Lea's yesterday after church. Lea has a new girls cave. So pretty. Jim and Ron walked around the yard and looked at stuff, rocks and things. He told Jim that his has this little boat as he likes to go fishing by himself. We have a trailer we don't use and Jim said he could use it anytime for his little boat. Guess it barely fits in his little truck.

Tomorrow, while the kids are here cleaning the yard, one of the girls, with major help issues, is going to help me. we are going to make pumpkins out of DRYER VENTS!!!. It looks like so much fun and Katie needs some fun in her life. Excited about that. Will get pictures. Found them on Facebook, came from Pintrest. There are so many great garden decorating, crafts, storage, etc, etc. things on Pintrest. Posted the pumpkin instructions on my Facebook Wall. If you have FB, check it out.

Have a wonderful day. Will check in later.

HIggys to everyone!

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,452
Points 176,408
Marie replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 7:17 AM | Locked

Thanks Thea, I'll take a look.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 5:23 PM | Locked

It has been a while since I checked in and I am saddened that you have lost your husband Agnes. I'm hoping you are starting to adapt to the empty space in your life. 

I have been helping to set up the quilt show in town.  For those of you who go to shows and enjoy them, let me tell you that you know nothing of the process setting one up.  Huge fun, lots of hard work, heaps of pride to see it look so good.  I'll post pictures when I get them taken.  We set up until 1:30 last night and the ladies continued this morning and it was completed when I got back to the hall this morning.  The show opens at 4 and will be all day Saturday.  Tear down at 6 saturday.  The vendors have set up and the ladies had a wonderful time pre-browsing.  I have two quilts on display that I can hardly wait until the one is back on my bed.  It is smoken hot here in the day but at night it cools right down.. Perfect from where i am.

I finally finished quilting a charity quilt I have been working on for some time.  Tension problems, vacations interupting, but it is done and handed off to the binder person.  I'll get it back and use it as an example when I go to Salt Lake City for my HandiQuilter class in November.  I put one of my own quilts on the frame and had that puppy stitched up in two sessions.  It would have taken one session but the best and brightest (me, in case you were wondering) loaded the quilt with the wrong orientation with the wide part going up and down instead of side to side like I loaded the backing. I  had to unload, cut an extender piece of backing, stitch it on and press it. Reloading the quilt took no time with the Leader Grips I'm using and POOF it was done.  Now, just the binding and one more completed.  It's such a pretty thing I'm not sure if I'm going to give it away or keep it. 

For those who have suffered the loss of another year, as my husband says, think of the alternative.  He isn't a birthday kind of person.  I say, have many, many more.  Lots and lots.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 8:27 PM | Locked

Vivian :
Now, just the binding and one more completed.  It's such a pretty thing I'm not sure if I'm going to give it away or keep it.

Now that's a delema I hope we all have, Vivian!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 8:49 PM | Locked

This is the quilt in question.  The quilting turned out so well I am still enjoying looking at it.  The binding will probably take me a month to put on!!

• | Post Points: 155
Page 62 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 60 61 62 63 64 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use