Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 39 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 37 38 39 40 41 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,239
Points 239,682
Thea replied on Tue, Sep 11 2012 2:25 PM | Locked

Hope it works great for you - how was your class - didn't you go to one recently?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Sep 11 2012 4:59 PM | Locked

Well, I think the QCA problems are rolling westward...I haven't been able to get on here for almost 5 hours.  In fact, I was surprised when I just tried and it came up...LOL!  This morning, when I first had problems, I was getting "server error" messages - hadn't seen that before!  I too hope they are working to get their issues resolved, because this is becoming annoying for me too.  The courtesy of a "Down for Repairs" etc. notice would be really appreciated!

The strong west winds have died down here, but the consequences are smoke from the fires east of us are rolling back into our valley.  It's getting pretty hazy right now and we have closed all the windows and doors.  Luckily, the temps are moderate so we won't be sufficating...lol.  Hope Patti is doing OK...there are at least 5 or 6 fires between here and her house (about 50 miles).  None of the fires around here are threatening homes - at least that I know of.

Oh yes, and fall is now official here in the Methow Valley of Washington!  We had below 40 temps last night.  Our garden survived with only the tops of the basil suffering...and the zucchini plants- which I am ready to toss on the compost anyway.  So, I am up to elbow in basil right now...picking leaves to make pesto.  I just washed the leaves and will let them dry a bit before I start processing them.

Now, I get to work on my quilt project for awhile!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Tue, Sep 11 2012 5:29 PM | Locked

Donna B:
but I LOVE cucumbers

Oh, Donna, have you ever sliced cucumbers into cold water, like people do lime or lemon? I have done that on my Doctor's recommendation. So refreshing and so healthy. Guess I should go back to that. Interestingly, when we went to stay at the Holiday Inn Sun Spree Resort in Panama City Beach 4 years ago,. they had, in the shade, big containers, with spigots, of cucumber water and fruit water for those out by the pool.At  no cost, and that is saying something for that place, where the breakfast buffet is $25.00!!! And, nothing special.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Tue, Sep 11 2012 5:43 PM | Locked

I went to the optometrist this morning.  I had an appointment for 10:50 and they phoned and asked if I could come in early, which I did, so I could sit for 45 minutes, almost to the time of my original appointment!!  Never again.  I rushed and I don't like that.  I have drops in my eyes and am being driven everywhere,  Its kindof nice. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,262
Points 173,163
Marie replied on Tue, Sep 11 2012 5:51 PM | Locked

Margaret Weber:
The last month has been awful.  Today we had to make the heartbreaking decision to put my DH's dog to sleep

Margaret, I am so sorry to hear this.  Wasn't it your dog that died a few months back?  Prayers, that your days ahead will be better, are going up.  God Bless.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Tue, Sep 11 2012 6:17 PM | Locked

Donna, I got on facebook and QCA couldn't get on either, they were getting the same message I was getting

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Sep 11 2012 6:50 PM | Locked

Dave and I went to Luray Caverns today.  Very pretty formations and so huge!!! 

Talked to Nana and we are planning to get together and have breakfast on Friday at Cracker Barrel.  I am hoping to get over to the Patchwork Place tomorrow but will probably have to haul Dave to that emergency walk in clinic in the morning.  He isn't getting any better.  Now his nose is running like a faucet!  Seems like lately he gets sick every time we go on vacation. Bummer :o{

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Tue, Sep 11 2012 7:14 PM | Locked

Vivian, I hope you said something to the Office Mgr and the Doctor. There is no good reason for that.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Tue, Sep 11 2012 8:53 PM | Locked

I am working in Moses Lake for 3 days.  But DH is home and would tell me if the fires were getting close.  But I am going to call him tonight and tell him to cover the tomatoes as it is supposed to get even colder tonight. 

Margaret, I am so sorry about your dog.   That is a difficult loss. 

Take care everyone, I will take time to catch up on posts when I get back home.  I've put in 11 hours today, so I am going to the hotel.   Watch some TV to relax.  Forgot to bring the fabric I needed to do some hand work. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Tue, Sep 11 2012 9:11 PM | Locked

Ugh...Am I ever gonna get ahead?? I put up 14 pts of 'mators yesterday and 22 more today. I ran out of jars so I get a  day off tomorrow before i have to finish em up. Think I'll get another 9-12 jars out of what I have left.  By the time these tomatoes are done, the plums will be ready. ...and then my own  tomato plants will start. LOL I almost hope that they get frosted. Almost.. I''ve been blanching and peeling every week since Mid- Aug. My hands are a fright!   ...but we are well set to face spaghetti season!! LOL  And the Chickens are loving all of the scraps!

Marge, I hope Dave recovers quickly and you can enjoy the remainder of your vacation.

We had west winds all day today. Thankfully they are moving too fast for the smoke they blow in to linger but it's scary to think of what they are doing to those fires they are fanning! Praying for you Patti and Donna.

I had Dh dig out all of my stash bins today so my friend could go through them for a quilt she's making. Her eyes got huge when she saw them. She was fretting about "short changing" me when I told her to come on over and grab what she needed. Once she saw what I had availible, she stopped worrying about it.  LOL  (For the record, compared to many of you, My stash is small. It still fits under my bed.) Her hubby asked mine how come he lets me have so much when it's obviously more then I'll ever need. Hubby replied "Are you kidding? She needs every scrap and then some!!" ....I do love that man!!

Jr got home from school and saw all those bins of color stacked in the livingroom and just lit up. He's been thumbing through them all evening and planning all the quilts (and totes!) he'll make.

I haven't been able to get warm today. I keep wishing I had a nice big bathtub inviting me in for a soak, but I'll just have to make do with our dinky shower.  And then into bed with a cozy quilt!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Tue, Sep 11 2012 9:22 PM | Locked

CC, I will be working up maters, in the morning.  Had 15 gallon bags in the freezer, I didn't get worked up last year. Will make some mater juice with them

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Tue, Sep 11 2012 10:40 PM | Locked

chocake2:
he lets me have so much

Let's??!!??  My husband dosn't say anything about anything that will allow him to do what he wants without my interference.  One hand washes the other. Let's......sheesh.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 925
Tamra replied on Wed, Sep 12 2012 7:12 AM | Locked

Well Quilting Class on Tuesday night was so exciting, started putting together my blocks and they look beautiful, will definitely post a picture of my quilt when I am done.  Hope everyone has a great day.

Tamra

Happy Quilting

Tamra

replied on Wed, Sep 12 2012 7:56 AM | Locked

Reading some posts this morning and wish I was home sewing.  Working FT for the mouse here in FL.  My late husband loved to help me pick out colors and suggest designs for quilts.  Miss him lots, but I'm still sewing.  Waiting for some cooler weather down here too.  Saving my pennies to get some half way decent material (Joann's prices go up but the quality isn't the same on some fabrics). 

When I cut fabrice I keep every piece (except selvage).  Do any of you have a minimum size you keep?  I keep some of the real small stuff for applique, but I have a hamper full and then some of stash!  Wondering if I should make a rule to have nothing less than a fat quarter in size.  Just curious.

Have a nice day everyone!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Wed, Sep 12 2012 8:02 AM | Locked

Keep that selevage!! It is fabric too. You can make quilt from it. You could make strip pot holders. Anything you can dream of. I am thinking a selvage border for a small quilt would be so cute. After, reading a blog I folow this a.m., I am really seeing the great uses of all the scraps that accumalate.

Sukochi

Page 39 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 37 38 39 40 41 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use