Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 22 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 20 21 22 23 24 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 9:23 PM | Locked

Took a walk on a pier looking at the fancy boats and happened to notice this sign in the window on one.  We are everywhere and can take over the world at any time!!

Had a great weekend with the inlaws celebrating BIL 50th birthday.  had a good visit with everyone including my MIL, who still insists I don't like her.  Out loud.  Many times.  To anyone who will listen.  I can't say its untrue, just not accurate.  I think shes silly but I don't dislike her.  Anyway, she tends to stay out of my way and into my DH''s way.  Perfect. 

The picture is from Campbell Rive on Vancoucer Island.  We take our plane there for maint and odd fixes.  Just  a small plane we bought a few years ago.  While the mechanics are doing their thing, we either take a holiday or just do lunch.  We just had a short fix so today it was lunch.  Now I'm home and thankful.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 10:12 PM | Locked

Hmmmm.... "Quiter on Board" in one window and "For sale" in the other? They say a boat is just a hole in the water you throw $$ into, so perhaps this quilter has wised up and figured out that it's better to invest in stash.  LOL

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 135
Pam replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 10:55 PM | Locked

thank you Gini, I will try that!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Wed, Sep 5 2012 5:37 AM | Locked
In PA still. Going to see the exhibit of the dead sea scrolls today. Very excited about this opportunity. When not sight seeing have been doing some hand sewing. Applique on my rows for Leavenworth retreat. It is going to be so much fun to see everyone, and see what they have done on the rows. Less than a month!!!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Wed, Sep 5 2012 6:28 AM | Locked

Patti:
Going to see the exhibit of the dead sea scrolls today
  Oh, Patti. Remember everything you see!! Tell me all about it. Get me a brochure, if you can...and read this before you go! Oh, my. Wish I was going with you. Is this a traveling exhibit? Perhaps it will come to Atlanta.   Will have to check on that. Have a wonderful time.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Wed, Sep 5 2012 6:42 AM | Locked

Patti:
When not sight seeing have been doing some hand sewing. Applique on my rows for Leavenworth retreat. It is going to be so much fun to see everyone, and see what they have done on the rows. Less than a month!!!

Oh, Patti, don't remind me!  I'm hitting the road with hand-sewing along as well, but it's not my Leavenworth row so I better get serious about finishing that when I'm back home.  

I'm packing this morning so I/we can be on the road at 1:00 pm for the seven+ hour drive to Madison, WI, for the big Quilt Expo that starts tomorrow morning.  Looking forward to catching up with Eileen from Chicago and seeing some awe-inspiring quilts.  Don't worry - I have my camera!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Wed, Sep 5 2012 6:43 AM | Locked

CC, what can I say? Sprout just keeps getting cuter and cuter. I would love to just wipe that drool off that precious face. Can I come do that?. Not interested in changing diapers though. Do not do diapers.

Y'all sure have some athletic squirrels. My oh, my. Here is a bit of squirrel trivia. Did you know, and this is true, that their teeth never stop growing and if they don't crack enough nuts, the teeth get so long they can no longer eat, and starve to death? We had a dead one in our yard a couple years ago. Being so interested in critters, Jim put on an old glove and brought it up on the porch for examination, of the outside only!. Sure enough, teeth wer so long it could no longer eat and starved to death. Poor critter.

Going to see the Gastro doc today. Afraid I will have to be scoped again. Well, it is really just a nap with a scope my belly. Not so bad when I look at it that way. More medical bills. Hope we don't drown.

Had a dream last night that someone was in our yard, naked, and talking all this crazy stuff. Jim woke me and said I was screaming. Was in the dream!! Dreams are so weird.

Have a quilty day. : )

Sukochi

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Wed, Sep 5 2012 7:07 AM | Locked

Sukochi,

I hope your doctors appointment goes well and they don't have to scope you again.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,698
Points 436,355
Nana replied on Wed, Sep 5 2012 7:27 AM | Locked

Patti

Have fun in PA.  The dead sea scrolls exhibit sounds so neat.  Safe travels and see you soon.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,531
Points 22,970
Susie replied on Wed, Sep 5 2012 8:23 AM | Locked

CC-Sprout is just so adorable!  Thank you for sharing his pix!

MNNancy--I sure wish I could get up to the expo for a little bit.  I'm only about 90 minutes away.  But, I just can't manage it.  I'm on Granny duty while my DD works, and I have to help the girls pick out a birthday present for their mommy.  Plus, do something special for the older one's birthday, which is tomorrow.  I'll be a busy Granny, giving tons of hugs.  Wish I could get to the expo, though.  Maybe next year.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,971
Points 27,675
Ramona replied on Wed, Sep 5 2012 11:15 AM | Locked

Today I'm making pot holders in my embroidery machine.  These will be a door prizes for the seniors at their next meeting and some will  go in our basket at the quilt show that we will sell tickets on. 

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Sep 5 2012 11:22 AM | Locked

Ramona:
Today I'm making pot holders in my embroidery machine.

Beautiful design Ramona.  Did you get that from an on-line site?  Do you mind sharing???

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Wed, Sep 5 2012 11:24 AM | Locked

Susie:
I sure wish I could get up to the expo for a little bit.

Wish you could, too!  It would be fun to meet you.  Did you ever get your QCA Chicago sewing day group together?  If so, maybe you've met Eileen.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,971
Points 27,675
Ramona replied on Wed, Sep 5 2012 11:30 AM | Locked

Donna B,

I purchased them from this site.  This  first one I used one layer of the insulite batting and the second one I'm using two layers. Testing how they look.  I'll post a picture when it's finished.  The are under miscellaneous on her site and about half way down the page on the left.  She shows a scarecrow on hers.  

Chantell's Creations - Quality Embroidery Designs

Sorry, I should of posted that the first time. :-)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,191
Points 238,962
Thea replied on Wed, Sep 5 2012 11:42 AM | Locked

Ramona - those are beautiful - for hot pads I definitely like the insullite battting as opposed to using two layers of regular batting (this from experience using them).  I have sensitive hands though because of my arthritis that consumes my hands - I touch HEAT and I know it - I love the heat battings for these - and I think that is the insulite that you mention - specifically made for hot pads with the silver stuff in it and crinkles when you touch it.

Page 22 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 20 21 22 23 24 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use