Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 21 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 19 20 21 22 23 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,933
Points 233,972
Thea replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 12:32 PM | Locked

Karla:
OK, laundry is almost done and 8 pints of pear halves are ready to come out of the canner.
Laundry waiting to be done here - plumber is here installing the water softener...

No pints of Pears...whining...

Karla:
I'd gladly send some to you, Thea, but I don't think they'd make the trip in very good shape, and they're not very big either because I did not go out and thin the trees like I should have.  Got to get these pears done as I think the peaches are almost ready to pick.
 I did thin mine at the beginning of the season when they were real thick - just never thought I had to go out this year and water them - they are on that water table - the willow on that side was doing fine - - that is the left side of our back yard - the right side the trees always need watering - so next year - I will have a hose out to the pears...

2 years now with no pears - last year it was because of the late freeze we had  - killed all the buds... 

whining!!! 

teehee

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 12:34 PM | Locked

Thea, too funny. I have had squirrels trow walnuts at me when I mow and get to close to them lol

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,933
Points 233,972
Thea replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 12:42 PM | Locked

Leslie - I am surprised they don't throw them at us while in the pool - but I can't wait to see if they can swim - they are going to want those pieces one of these days...teehee  good way to get them shucked though and not get pecan juice all over my hands - that cover is already pecan stained...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 1:06 PM | Locked

Karla:
bake some pear bread...I had to cancel the visit from the Schwan's man because I just don't have room in any of my freezers...they're all full of pears.

Karla, do you share your recipes? I would love your pear bread recipe.

You have really brought back memories. I loved buying stuff from the Schwan man when we lived in Elko. Have you ever tired their Marionberry cheesecake? It is so killer. But, that was in the 80's so might not be in the food list now.

I think I will wait, till it gets coole,r to bake my Holiday breads and cookies. I love baking on a nice Fall day with the windows open and all those good smells going through out the house. Makes me hungry just thinking about it. Boy, this cheers me up. : )

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 1:16 PM | Locked

Sukochi, they no longer have the Marionberry cheesecake, but almost all of their products are good.  I've been buying Schwan's for the past 10 years, since we moved to Nevada.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 1:19 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Karla, do you share your recipes? I would love your pear bread recipe.

I'll be happy to share my recipe, although it isn't anything special.  I just use the same recipe I use for zucchini or pumpkin bread, just substitute pears instead.  I also use Splenda instead of sugar since DH is diabetic, and to reduce the amount of fat, I use unsweetened applesauce instead of canola oil.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 1:22 PM | Locked

Oh no, just went outside and the peaches are falling off of the tree....they're white freestones and I didn't even realize they were ripe....5 bags of peaches...it's still a baby tree.  Wish I would have gotten plums this year (stupid wind knocked them all off when small and green)....I love plum jam.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,373
Points 48,745
Ginny replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 1:45 PM | Locked

CC    Love that lil' baby , he is a doll, And yes he is a flirt with the camera.  I can see why all the ladies want to hold him when you go to work- and the men too.  Makes me wonder what my new little sweetheart will look like when he/she comes -I figure around April or May.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 2:06 PM | Locked

Karla:

Oh no, just went outside and the peaches are falling off of the tree....they're white freestones and I didn't even realize they were ripe....5 bags of peaches...it's still a baby tree.  Wish I would have gotten plums this year (stupid wind knocked them all off when small and green)....I love plum jam.

AH-HA!! I'll trade ya. I have plums coming ripe.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 2:08 PM | Locked

Ginny:
Love that lil' baby , he is a doll
Yup. He's a keeper all right.

Ginny:
Makes me wonder what my new little sweetheart will look like when he/she comes

Silly, Lady. S/he'll be the most beautiful baby you've ever seen, of course.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 3:10 PM | Locked

I have squirrels jump from fence into horse troughs for water, have to put long sticks in water to keep them from drowning.  Went out to fill barrel one afternoon and hear this chittering and squealing, there is a squirrel in barrel trying not to drown, I quickly got a  broom handle and put it in.  The squirrel wrapped all four legs around the stick and just hung on for a couple minutes trying to catch it's breath.  Then it chittered again and ran up the handle and jumped and ran up the nearest tree.  Ever since I keep sticks in barrels and troughs., haven't lost a squirrel since.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 3:32 PM | Locked

Aw Joni. You're a softy, you are!

I just went out to check the garden. I've been invaded but a marading swarm of Huns! Dang birds are after my 'Mators. I've only gotten one ripe on this season and now the feathered fiends are after them! 'Gotta get me a bird stamp on my liscence so I can at least have roast chucker, even if I don't get any tomatoes.  (Ok. Ok. I confess. I couldn't kill them  ... but Dh might!!) 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,933
Points 233,972
Thea replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 3:42 PM | Locked

Joni:

I have squirrels jump from fence into horse troughs for water, have to put long sticks in water to keep them from drowning.  Went out to fill barrel one afternoon and hear this chittering and squealing, there is a squirrel in barrel trying not to drown, I quickly got a  broom handle and put it in.  The squirrel wrapped all four legs around the stick and just hung on for a couple minutes trying to catch it's breath.  Then it chittered again and ran up the handle and jumped and ran up the nearest tree.  Ever since I keep sticks in barrels and troughs., haven't lost a squirrel since.

Joni - I might leave the skimmer in the pool so that if they do fall in they can grab on to that handle and climb out - only if they behave though and quit dropping all that stuff on my cover...teeehee

My water softener is in - washing the first load of towels to see if I can tell a difference and washing those dirty dishes I left in the sink this morning - we shall see - my hands didn't feel dried out though after I washed the silverware - having to wash one - handed as my left hand is in the brace to help with the arthritis pain - getting pretty good at this one handed thing - I look funny doing things though...

Rocky made it through his dental surgery with flying colors - I go to pick him up at 4:30... was worried for my little fella all morning and trying not to think about it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,933
Points 233,972
Thea replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 3:42 PM | Locked

Joni:

Joni - I might leave the skimmer in the pool so that if they do fall in they can grab on to that handle and climb out - only if they behave though and quit dropping all that stuff on my cover...teeehee

My water softener is in - washing the first load of towels to see if I can tell a difference and washing those dirty dishes I left in the sink this morning - we shall see - my hands didn't feel dried out though after I washed the silverware - having to wash one - handed as my left hand is in the brace to help with the arthritis pain - getting pretty good at this one handed thing - I look funny doing things though...

Rocky made it through his dental surgery with flying colors - I go to pick him up at 4:30... was worried for my little fella all morning and trying not to think about it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,373
Points 48,745
Ginny replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 7:48 PM | Locked

chocake2:
S/he'll be the most beautiful baby you've ever seen, of course.

Yeppers, you are so right on that note.  Tomorrow is S/he's sisters 3rd birthday and she is certainly a keeper.  Wish I could get this to print my pics. I'd show her off.  LOL     Ginny

Page 21 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 19 20 21 22 23 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use