Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 20 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 18 19 20 21 22 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 10:24 AM | Locked

Thea:
Our water is very hard

Thea, here is a tip that our water people told us. If you will put a hose though a window so you can screw it to the spigot on the water heater, and drain the water heater out Thur the hose, watching for the water to run clearer, you will save your water heater. You won't believe the gunk that will come out. It is amazing. It don't take all the water out. As it drains from the bottom and that is where the gunk settles, it just will drain till clear and then turn off the hose and unscrew it from the water heater. You are good to go. We do this every 6 months, without fail.

We have a water softener and it is wonderful. Your clothes are cleaner, they are softer and brighter. And, your hair will be silky feeling. As we are on a private well, we have a lot of iron in our water, so we have a iron eradicator to rid the water of that. Oh, the water softener will also take the magnesium sulfate out of the water. At least here it does.

Also, if you will take the front off the clothes dryer, every 6 months, and clean all the lint out of the works. You will be amazed at how much lint accumulates all over the inside or the clothes dryer.

Jim schedules all this for the same day and we get 'er done all in one day. Easy smezzy.

Not doing really well, mentally or physically, right now. The projectile vomiting is back, so bad that a short time ago, I laid down to go to sleep,and vomited across the room just about. Sweet Jim got up and cleaned it all up while I ran to the toilet and  threw up more. This cough is really got me exhausted and I am not doing anything but my walk and not thing else. I haven't been in the sewing room in awhile, though every day I mean to. Just no energy. Made an appt. for tomorrow with the gastro Doc about this, Jim and I, got to talking about this last night and remembered that when I saw him awhile ago. the cough was caused by the reflux, and my esophagus was infected. So, perhaps this will take care of it. I am afraid that he will want to fix the sphincter as he said would be the next solution if this started again. More money to doctors. Just what we need.

Raining here again today. I love rainy days. Will probably just go back to bed and sleep the day away. Hope all of you have a beautiful day.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,615
Points 247,287
Thea replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 10:25 AM | Locked

chocake2:
Karla, send me some of those pears.
I thought for sure this year I would have Pears again - last year due to the heat we didn't have any at all - this year the tree was full but I went back over the weekend to take a look and nope they all dried up with the heat - I was watering the willows so didn't think I needed to water the Pears - they are in an area of the yard that is very good for the water table so thought that since there were flowers and the start of pears this year...

I so want to just go and pick a big bartlett pear off the tree...argh... i even cut out all the dead branches this year so it would be really nice... 

I want some pears... is my whine loud enough...teehee...

Going to try and get a move on here - laying around all too much today!

Water softener guy better get here soon or it will be nap time - he is 90 minutes late... I do not know who to call about it so - just wait I guess... if he shows he shows... I was waiting for him to arrive to do the dishes and the laundry as I know they have to shut the water off - so maybe I should go start the laundry - you know he will show up just as soon as I do...teehee...

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 35
Points 250
dcamp44 replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 10:28 AM | Locked

What am I up to today? Well , I;m trying to decide how to put together a quilt for my grandson who is 4 years old .The quilt material is a  Hard Hat Kit that I've just now got  'round to it'. He saw the kit in the sewing room wanted it  finished because he loves excavators and hard hats.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,151
Points 14,955
Dawn replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 10:49 AM | Locked

Did get my sewing reclaimed from our renovation.  Man that feels good!  But I have been having issues w/my shoulder, the PT says it is weak, so doing some therapy to get it stronger.  But I am trying to just carry on, but then at night I pay for it. 

We are to have company tonight, hopefully, not sure as their daughter broke her foot so they may be needed to help her and her son.  But I am cleaning and praying they can come, we have had to re-schedule this get-together twice now.  

DH sister and hubby come on Thurs.  They live in Vegas and come back home twice a year.  They haven't seen the addition that we did, so will be fun to see them! 

There is stuff to do all week.  At least I have some me time and hope to get to the new and improved Jo-Ann's soon!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 11:22 AM | Locked

Margaret, I'm inviting myself to your housewarming. You're not gonna keep me away fromHome-made ice cream!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 11:23 AM | Locked

Sorry Marie. Sprout's too young to travel alone. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 11:33 AM | Locked

I had an awesome holiday weekend. I got to spend it with my boys and husband. (No different from every weekend, only this time I had an extra day off) Yesterday my oldest son turned 23 and my baby boy (20) moved his girlfriend and her baby in with them. (Not my son's baby) I hope all works out with them. I think they are too young and I suffer from the no one is good enough for my boy syndrome. LOL

I did manage to get the quilt top for a guild challenge done this weekend now I just need to sandwich quilt and bind it. Hopefully it will be ready for binding by the end of the week. It just depends on how much time I get to spend in my sewing room this week. It's never enough lol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,615
Points 178,613
Marie replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 11:42 AM | Locked

Margaret Weber:
We are having a little house warming on Saturday s

Can I come, can I come!  I love pistachio ice cream and I'd love to see your new home.

Glad you are feeling better.  Losing Missy was a horrible thing.  (((((HUGS)))))

Praying that job will come your way soon.  In the meantime, hope your quilting will keep you happy.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,615
Points 178,613
Marie replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 11:50 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Made an appt. for tomorrow with the gastro Doc about this

Sukochi, you poor dear, I'm so sorry you are having one problem after the other.  I'm glad you are seeing the Dr. tomorrow, prayers going up for you and him to be able to find and fix the problems you are having.

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
More money to doctors. Just what we need.

You get well and don't worry about the Dr. bills, just get on a payment plan and pay whatever you truly can afford per month, your health is the important thing.  

God Bless.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 11:50 AM | Locked

Not sure who posted over the weekend about hurrican Hugo but, I was in Norfolk, VA when that one blew through. Lost some canvas awnings but, Hugo wasn't all that much in my area.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,615
Points 178,613
Marie replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 11:53 AM | Locked

Hell then come with him CC!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 11:56 AM | Locked

Marie:

Hell then come with him CC!

: D

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 12:08 PM | Locked

OK, laundry is almost done and 8 pints of pear halves are ready to come out of the canner.  Must make a run to the store, I have run out of canning jars...but I know when I get out of the house, I'll run out of momentum.

DH, of course, has decided to s.

team clean the carpets...I don't know why he just doesn't go out and mow the lawn and get out of my way...but then I took lawnmowing on as my job because of his asthma and now I'm living to regret it.

I'm going to make some more jam today and maybe bake some pear bread...I had to cancel the visit from the Schwan's man because I just don't have room in any of my freezers...they're all full of pears.

I'd gladly send some to you, Thea, but I don't think they'd make the trip in very good shape, and they're not very big either because I did not go out and thin the trees like I should have.  Got to get these pears done as I think the peaches are almost ready to pick.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,615
Points 247,287
Thea replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 12:27 PM | Locked

Okay - would anyone like a few squirrels - mine have turned mean...lol

This is the cover to my pool - yesterday I was cleaning the pool as we had left the cover off the whole time the kids were here to make it easier - so cleaning it up to put the cover back on and found all these pieces of pecan at the bottom of the pool - so got them all out - so today I go out and here is what the cover looks like - a nice crop of pecans that the squirrels are wasting...teehee... Jay says they are aiming at the pool on purpose...teehee

You can see the area where the pecans are here - the tree goes over top of the pool - DH in his infinite wisdom - didn't realize how much work under the tree would be - he was just thinking of the shade - so the cover has to go on each night... the cover we are using is one that keeps the heat in - a solar cover - not the cover that will go on for the winter... I just think the squirrels are having a blast and can't wait till one tries to walk across the cover to get those pieces...

teeheee

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,615
Points 247,287
Thea replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 12:29 PM | Locked

Sheila:

Not sure who posted over the weekend about hurrican Hugo but, I was in Norfolk, VA when that one blew through. Lost some canvas awnings but, Hugo wasn't all that much in my area.

Sheila - it may have been me - I lived in Sumter SC at the time - right outside Shaw AFB - now if I hear of one anywhere near my area - I am packing!!!

I had someone come in the house the other day and saw about 40 gallon jugs full of water and asked me about them - I told him it is a result of HH - you don't know how bad it is till you don't have running water day after day - nothing like camping - so now - I have jugs and jugs...teehee...

Hugo - went over top of my trailer at 130 mph... scary scary scary - never again... I do not know how people do it year after year - they get desensitized to what the hurricanes can do.

• | Post Points: 35
Page 20 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 18 19 20 21 22 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use